1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers to extend Rudolph for 1 year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 29, 2021.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It looks like they're both trying to figure out how to turn it on

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Thanks STD tends to like my posts so I didn't want to hit the disagree button on his post to show him where it was.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed on the first part.

Im taking over 8.

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Those must be the stars that Mason is still seeing after the hit by Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  7. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    How much money did we spend. I can’t find it anywhere

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    5 million

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    What I'm saying though is that acquiring a big sexy (not in that way) player like Aaron Rodgers via a trade or free agency is not in the Steelers DNA, never has been, probably never will be. That's the fantasy I'm referring to.

10. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I still have faith in Rudolph. He performed well early on as a "game manager" and was not given a fair shake in taking the handcuffs off. If you look at Mason's college career it parallels Big Ben at a larger school. While Haskins may have been impressive in his single season as a starter for the Buckeyes, it does beg the question if he was a product of that system. I do think Mason showed what he is capable of against Cleveland last year when the handcuffs were taken off, but many will point to an ill-advised pass leading to an interception in that game. The following week, Ben threw how many ill-advised passes and interceptions? Ben is no longer a mobile QB and it is not Mason's MO either. However, Mason didn't have the pieces around him in 2019 that set him up for success. I think the 2021 season could be much different for him if he gets playing time, let alone what his potential is for the 2022 season. While Haskins does have a rocket arm, his knock early on has been his lack of touch and inaccuracy downfield.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Your OBJ and AB worship = :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You have more far more faith in Mason than the Steelers do. A one year extension. Tells you everything you need to know.

13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They traded a first round pick for Minkah Fitzpatrick less than two years ago.

They are mostly conservative and do try to build through the draft but if their franchise QB of nearly two decades is gone and somebody like Rodgers or Wilson is available I think they’d at least pick up the phone.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Minkah Fitzpatrick isn't Aaron Rodgers. The return would be too big and the Steelers wouldn't do it. Not saying I'd be against it but I don't see it.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I never said it was likely or that I’d even want them to do it either. I said he was potentially an option if Ben was gone, and I don’t think it’s totally crazy, which is what you initially said.

I’d agree the price tag for that kind of move would likely put them off but you just never know, they haven’t been in a situation with no QB in nearly two decades. If they don’t have the draft position to get one of the top guys next year and Ben retires they’ll have a lot of thinking to do

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn’t want them to do it, likely cost a kings ransom for an aging QB at the end of his career.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That and no deer in the headlights, that is a moose son.

18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Last time we did that (without giving up future picks of course) it landed us in cap purgatory. Stay the course on rebuild/retool. Lost key players this year and no doubt age is coming on fast on several key players. That said we got 4 starters in the draft last year and James Pierre just might develop. Get that kind of production this year and you are building a solid foundation. Possibly going to be painful, but the bounce back just may not be as long as some fear.

• Like Like x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Could be, or could be what they could spend, and Still keep him on the roster , and Happy. He may not have wanted 2 sign for longer, waiting 2 see how things pan out.
    JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Last time we did that...curious to what you're referring to?

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And to confuse things even more, watch the Steelers draft another QB between today and tomorrow.

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers once traded for the best qb in the league "Bobby Layne" , just sayin. I think we let Unitas go & traded away Lenny Dawson after signing sexy Layne.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Layne

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Let me change that to in the big money days when players started making millions.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's fun to troll the Rudolph haters. I swear....there are some morons here who believe Bradshaw and Roethlisberger are the alpha and omega of Steelers QBs. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Does Mason Rudolph have a strong arm? I'm not sure how to tell about arm strength in football. Can he throw the ball downfield with any accuracy? I haven't seen a lot of zip on the balls he's thrown thus far