1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CB in round 1?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Layne's stupidity changes nothing. Our needs were/are OL first. Layne didn't figure to be a big part of the defense, if at all. Nothing has changed in the first 2 rounds. First two rounds are BPA with emphasis on position of need. Remainder is BPA.

2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    "First two meals are vegetarian with emphasis on meat."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ic was doing a mock... all my usual suspects were sitting at 24
    .... but both Surtain and Fields dropped and were available. Completely throwing a wrench into all my plans.

I wanted Surtain badly.... but if Fields is the guy I think he can be....I had to take him like the Packers to Rogers when he fell.

I quickly had mock draft remorse. While in real life Fields could be a winner for years... in mock draft world adding a QB in the first threw off my needs and big board to the point I didn't get any of my to people after the 2nd round

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

there you are....

yes - they ARE dumb enough to do this, but I don't think they will.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert said Sutton will play inside/outside CB positions.

6. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Fields is a problem for me too. Maybe not great... but at the very least he could be another Dak Prescott. He'll be so hungry to prove to doubters that it's not just a system that made him a star qb in college (which is hard to deny as a OSU QB based upon their lack of success). It would be a really hard pass, but you would have to think somebody at OSU has got to be different then the rest???

I didnt even bother to mention Surtain because he wont be there. If there is a no brainer CB in the draft its him. Other than him I like two other Jrs in the draft Greg Newsome II and Asante Samuel Jr but I dont know if I would spend 1st rd picks on them.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We will draft a top prospect who has has a lot of upside and skill potential, who will be a developmental project player. Then 2 years from now we will wonder why we ever drafted him and he will become the answer to the trivia question "What ever happened to the Steelers #1 pick in the 2021 draft?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Good Point ,but it just takes 1 blind GM or a Coach mad at his DB ..lol

• Like Like x 1