1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Layne is in jail

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 23, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers haven't been good at drafting cornerbacks before Colbert or Tomlin came to the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Troy, IKE,? Both drafted by Colbert , Those 2 alone are better than ANY db Tomlin has even considerd drafting since he has been here

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought you were talking about cornerbacks, so Troy doesn't count, like I said they haven't been good in forever. The last Pro Bowl CB they drafted was Woodson.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    My .25 was old and well used and gave no issues. Wife’s Ruger LCP .380 is like you describe ..... real tight, I’ve already disassembled and cleaned that thing way too many times ...... hahaha

Cajun

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I do lots of work with government Agencies and we used to like to say - remember, HUD spelled backwards is....DUH! Lots of the Bell curve left siders parked in those cubicles.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm sooo far down the totem pole that i look up to most people.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Little / great gun shop in town that they recondition used guns...Great shape and price

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I stopped reading when you said easy to judge and being in his shoes. He is a grown ass man and it’s thinking like yours that enables idiots like Layne. Multiple laws being broken at one time not to mention having already been I trouble. This is why this country is going to hell in a hand basket. When someone screws up there’s to many people looking to make excuses for them. Do the crime do the time!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    My daughter joined the Air Force. She is currently in tech school. Graduates in a couple weeks and is then off to the next phase of her life. In the past month or so of tech school, groups of airmen in her squadron have been caught underage drinking, in possession of drugs, and one girl got caught in a restricted area after jumping a fence to get there. None have been removed from tech school. At the most, some have had base privileges taken away. Is this the same as Layne's predicament? Probably not. But for crying out loud, what is going on with these youngsters? We have failed them as parents and as a society and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better any time soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Tell your daughter that some short fat old grump in Pennsylvania thanks her for her service.

• Like Like x 2
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Back in 2006 I decided that I would try a 2 yr tech school. So I was the middle age adult in most of my classes who tok 3 or 4 classes so I could make it to work from 12:30 to 9. So my Comp 1 class was filled with predominantly Criminal Justice majors because the school had a good two year program. These kids had some really weird takes on reasons they could break the law. Speeding isn't breaking the law just an infraction. Under age drinking and public drunkenness wasn't illegal if you had a parents consent. Basically any over the line adolescent behavior was ok it really wasn't breaking the law. It was scary that they actually believed that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Much appreciated!

And way off topic here, but she finished college and then decided the Air Force was the best decision for her. I retired from the Air Force, so I wasn't against it, although it's far different today. Now, we have the contents of her old apartment in our house and in my shed/man cave out back. We also have her two ball pythons for the next 4 years.

Getting back on topic...Layne is a knucklehead.

13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Not that new my friend. I went through Keesler back in 1980 and we did some crazy stuff too. Some of us got caught and some didn't. It continued into the Real AF. I recall coming back on base one evening (A SAC Base) and one of the guys left a joint in plain view. Good thing we knew the SP otherwise we would have been sent home from Cali.

14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Just getting my feet wet in pistol ownership. So, I bought me a little Walther CCP 9mm. I love it. Eats anything I send through it reliably. The first generation got a bad rap, mine is the second with improvements. People whine about the tear down and reassembly because of the blow back piston. You'd have to be mechanically inept to have trouble with it. After 750 rounds, I've cleaned it three times with zero issues. It's a nice little pistol. It shoots better than I'm currently capable. For a concealed carry pistol, it has great grips, and I've got fairly big hands. I've shot my nephew's .380 Beretta and his 9mm M&P Shield, and liked both of those. I think my next purchase will be a .357 revolver or, a 1911 .45 auto. There's a relatively affordable Kimber 1911 I have my eye on...can't remember the model, though. A good friend highly recommended a Taurus 7-shot .357. He loves his. Can't wait to go shooting again, lot's of fun. Just having trouble finding ammo right now.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    So YOU were the guys who messed things up for the rest of us!!!!! I was a 491 and pop-tarted through Keesler as well, only a couple years after you were there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yep, 293 and KMC at Keesler (Rope).

17. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Good times.

I actually had a girlfriend who picked my up every weekend and took me to New Orleans. Tech school for me was short anyway, but I remember none of it. I remember the French Quarter, though. :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  18. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yeah, the FQ was nice. Had a local girl from Moss Point on the arm too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2021-4-26_17-0-38.gif

PPK but still made me think of it :lolol:

20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Would love to get my hands on a PPK. BTW, I like Daniel Craig as Bond. Me and a friend had a raging debate about the various Bonds....of all things to discuss.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You lost me at python

22. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    its almost like the Rod Woodson curse, in my mind he was one of the best

• Like Like x 1
  23. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    I think that played into why they drafted Artie Burns, because, like Woodson, Burns was a world class hurdler

24. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    sorry to get off topic from the topic but, I never served in the Air Force, although i have a friend who flew Warthogs in Saudia Arabia, spent a summer w him canoe tripping in the bush in Ontario

• Like Like x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Funny thing is when I heard they were casting him I was like, no that’s awful and now I think he is my favorite Bond.

• Like Like x 1