1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Layne is in jail

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    <snip>

Mod Edit: Thought about disputing that last sentence but thought it better to just snip this whole thing. Nothing good was going to come from that reply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    N.C. I didn't know of the speeding when I wrote this or the weed ..Of course it would matter why the DL'S was suspended if for failure to have Insurance or something like that they would probably write 2 citations and you could get the DWS took care of before court by paying the olD fine and the new one..

In NC the DWS is not so bad they have another classification and it's called DWR Driving While Revoked and that 1 would mean going to make bail probably ..

3. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    so is this Ben's or Tomlin's fault?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You are who you hang around with. I wasn't there so I don't know what should come of this but if what was told is true, and he happens to cross the line of stupidity yet again, then get rid of him. Come to think of it, he already has since his license was suspended for something already. What does it take to learn?

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just as I suspected.

7. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Driving around with Guns and drugs together is just dumb dumb dumb! And thats not even including the other stuff involved here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Driving around smoking weed is dumb in itself. I am not even a moralist when it comes to using weed, but you do not get behind the wheel of a car under any influence.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I said Layne would pan out. You said he would not. I believe the bet was based off of a guarantee of whichever side was correct?! :hmm:

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If I'm diving on a suspended license (even though I would never do that), the last thing I'm doing is 29 over the speed limit, especially if I have weed and a weapon in the car. Matter of fact, I'm on cruise control set at the exact speed limit. Nothing more, nothing less. Why are people so stupid?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's my problem with legalizing it in the whole country because everybody is gonna be driving around high thinking it's way better then being drunk. Even though still illegal to do so.

12. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well its easy to judge when you have no idea what it's like to be in his Layne's shoes. It's just like how everyone says "If I won the lottery I would be smart and invest it or put it away and not go crazy buying anything!" But statistics show that is generally not the case. We're human... we're imperfect... and having access to a lot of funds affords you opportunities most don't get to experience and it also puts a target on you by all the sharks, con-artists and sociopaths. All that said, in this case, we do not know why he was driving, why his license was suspended and if he even knew about it, and as for the gun... well i think my previous statement can partially explain that.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The intelligence on the planet is a constant....meanwhile the population's increasing. Reluctant to say any more. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wow, that's a mighty tall horse you have there. Must be nice living in your perfect sheltered life where situations and variables do not exist that would ever make you do a single thing that takes you even remotely near breaking a law much less a simple traffic infraction and being able to always make completely PERFECT decisions.

Lol, like get real. Do you feel the need to post that so everyone knows what a perfect person you are or does it just make you feel superior judging others you don't know anything about except they have more money then you. O wait, let me guess you are a billionaire and have multiple super model girlfriends that don't mind sharing you...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The movie Idiocracy is looking more and more like a documentary.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    29 mph over the speed limit, on a suspended license, high, at 0120 is hardly a simple traffic infraction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Welcome to Costco......

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    dude a loaded handgun in a vehicle without a CCW is not minor at all. that's a felony. add in a drug charge on top of that and it's a lot worse

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They're gonna reach for a CB now...I can feel it in my bones...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    not so sure they have to reach, they have been talking to some really good ones. this may be the year to do it. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Again I didn't know he had drugs and I don't think it should be a Felony if the gun is registered to him..I am assuming the gun was his he just didn't have the permit , but again all his fault no matter how this turns out..I am a bit old school we used to have guns in our cars and trucks all the time in High School. It was very common I am sure that would be a big charge now days as well ..

• Like Like x 1
  22. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    So you're of the mindset that Layne was justified in breaking the law, and that @86WardsWay demonstrated that he's some type of egoist because he said he wouldn't take as much of a risk as Layne did. That's quite a leap, bruh.

And while I'm at it, you seem to be preaching quite a bit about how others are viewing the situation through tinted lenses while you are not willing to take off your own and see things through their perspective. Kettle, meet pot.

• Winner Winner x 4
  23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It was a rite of passage to go to school with your rifle on the gun rack in the pick up. Even teachers had them and would come out of the school in Orange to catch an hour of deer hunting. We lived in rural PA so getting to the woods only took minutes

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wonder if he will get suspended for this.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Most definitely...

• Agree Agree x 1