1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Tomlin isn't the problem...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Dec 23, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So you admit you’re wrong. Thanks.

2. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    So you admit you cant comprehend English or are functionally illiterate. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    You've been doing worse than repeating yourself. You were the first person to post in both threads repeating the same challenge - which you continue to have answered by multiple members here, but continue to change stipulations upon - I've been helping to clarify in both threads.

I suggest you pick one thread to reply to and stick to it. Seems you liked repeating yourself in both until people starting rebutting the claims you made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Pish posh...this wouldnt be an issue if every third thread wasnt a Tomlin bashing party.

5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks for admitting what was already presented: "I never laid out any parameters." You added them as others started rebutting your argument.

Coughlin/Manning is not the only answer. Facts you're calling irrelevant are not to your argument, unless, of course, you're blocking them out so you feel you're still 'right'.

If you want to have productive discourse you need to stop with the sarcastic personal attacks and bring something of substance to support your argument.

6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No, this wouldn't be an issue if you didn't choose to reply to 'every third thread'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You're right Coughlin/Manning arent the only ones. I added Shanahan/Elway later...you know what isnt right Manning and anyone he played under while in Indy.

8. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    It wouldnt be a problem if they would just merge them all together. They all repeat the same thing so it's no wonder I'm repeating myself. This didnt start off as a Tomlin bashing thread, but yet look what happened.

9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    If posters like you wouldn't repeat the same broken ideas to all of them, they would dry up. But go ahead and blame @Blast Furnace, and pull him away from his Thesaurus.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Nothing broken about stating facts. Sometimes I just like giving to the Tomlin bashers what they give out. Hes not a bad coach, it would be hard to prove he has underachieved, but if no one ever knew him and came to this board and started going through threads they would think he was the worst coach ever. But I get your point about not feeding the trolls.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" - Michael

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I get where you're coming from. The subject of Tomlin can get emotional fast, resulting in heated opinions that bear more emotional than rational context. But the emotional-speak comes from both sides. Take care about assigning statements as fact - 'facts' are the product of black and white elements; 'truths' stem from beliefs. It's not a big leap to start manipulating facts to fit your beliefs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So you're saying it's Ben's fault the brownies kicked our asses. Ok, got it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You assume he's functional?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Ha...I assumed wrong apparently.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can’t even get punctuation right in this post and yet you’re challenging my comprehension of the English language? SMH.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you would have stated in your original post that Super Bowls were the benchmark then yeah this would’ve been an easy open and close discussion. But you didn’t then you tried to add on different rules as the discussion went on. We can’t read your mind dude, can only reply to what you post. If you would’ve just immediately clarified what the parameters were instead of arguing and telling everyone they were wrong then we wouldn’t be here right now.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Progress?

18. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Like I said before the OP established what the parameters were...i cant help it if people cant stay on topic and go off on their own tangent. I was responding to parameters you guys set, not myself. ..how the hell you gonna blame me for something you did????

19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Thor said I shouldnt respond to trolls....

20. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I actually have to be wrong first.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

22. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I dont see how I changed any parameters. The topic is still SB wins based off the original post. I dont see what's so hard to understand about that?? If ypure confused as to specifics then inquire rather than assume or else just go back to where the conversation orig started.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That was your original post In this thread. He didn’t mention anything about Super Bowls or anything else.

24. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Who didnt mention anything about SB???

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You