1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No...But you don't read so well tough guy...you run your chops to everyone on here and resort to name calling...**** you would never say to my face, or you would have a busted up face...#keyboardwarrior

2. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Gotcha...got me worried over here. Need a Snickers??

3. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Did he say that? Always putting words in other peoples mouths.. You're a special kinda stupid aren't you Radio

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dial it down guys. Attack the subject, not the person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Did he say what??

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Couple things. Butler was waiting a long time for DL to step down, he had a gentleman’s agreement that he would be names DL’s successor, so Tomlin couldn’t hire a black coach then for the position.

On the offensive side, their RB’s coach, Kirby was going to be promoted to OC when he had a tragic set back when he almost burned to death, then Haley got the job.

So theres been reasons for why Tomlin hasn’t had a black OC or DC. He’s hired plenty of position coaches that are black, don’t know why people making this about race, it’s like a Grand Canyon size leap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    He never said " he was worried about his money " wtf is wrong with you?. Don't you know what you type? That you have to continually ask people what YOU said lol...Do better Radio.. I think it's " medication time " for you

8. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Scroll up and take a look a this post. It would appear somebody's so worked up about Tomlin's three-year extension they're calling themselves an ******* and then picking a fight with themself for doing so.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    He acts like it if he's concerned about Art possibly paying two coaches. Why else would he mention it? Any who....why you in your feelings? Your feelings hurt?? Not enough pampering from mommy this morning?

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why did they keep Bill C.?HE had losing seasons ,and only 1 SB win same as Mike T. Yet he wasn't fired. He left when he had enough.
    My belief.....its because they don't believe in overhauling a whole team.
    Same as why they do everything they do in this Great Organization.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You wasted your time posting seriously....sometimes you have to consider who you're posting to. He completely doesn't understand. He'll just act like the same thing hasnt been told to him twice now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  12. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Radio...By far the stupidest poster on here ...Asks people what he posts lol...Run along now and tell them your Daddy said it's time for " special pills "

13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I think this deserves a repeat. My post above was meant for humor and to get everyone to take a breath.

It's fine to get passionate about what we're debating, but attack the argument, not the person. Keep it respectful and we can have share some interesting points of view; go the other way and it's Fox News vs. CNN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    My point is pretty simple. If Artie wanted to fire Tomlin, he’d have fired him. He doesnt want to, and the extension is proof of that. Sure, he can fire him a yr or two down the road, but why would he do that? What would change his mind? Tomlin just got the longest extension of his career. You can wish that Artie starts to see it, your way. But if Arties having doubts -about Tomlin, he has a funny way of showing it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty much the exact opposite of what many fans wanted, for Tomlin to feel his seat getting warm. Instead, he got a resounding vote of confidence, you’re my guy, go get them this season.

Given how the Steelers dislike firing people and prefer to just not re-sign them, it will take an epic failure of a season, like 3 wins for them to fire him.

Tomlin will need to lose his passion for coaching and walk away and according to Kaboly, he hasn’t seen that in Tomlin, loves it just as much as he ever has.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Mike Tomlin is a very good coach but not a great one. An NFL HC simply doesn't go 14 years without a losing record if he is not very good at doing the job. The pressure will be greater now that the Bengals and Browns are starting to bring better rosters into the picture. It may be the first time that Mike does have a losing season this year due to a decline of our aging roster and improvements for the other AFCN teams. With that being said, I seriously doubt that MT would show a 3-14 season. It wouldn't bother me in the least as we would have either the #1 or #2 draft pick going into next season while needing to draft a top rated QB for the future. Even if he did only win 3 games, this contract extension tells me that they are gonna stick with him for the long run and that with that dismal record he would still be coaching in 2022-2023.

I don't hate Tomlin. I just think he has peaked as a HC in the NFL. History has shown us that he is not a great game strategist nor manager of crucial in game situational decisions. Should he win another SB it would take a monumental leap forward in getting all of his players to buy into all the fundamentals of the game which so far he has not been able to exemplify to them.

I wish this would have been a prove it season for the organization when it came to Mikes contract status but I am just an average fan with very little skin in the game. The Rooneys are going to do what they do and no amount of fan complacency is going to change their business formula.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I've said this b4 in another thread where Tomlin was being piled on because he lives rent free in the heads of people on this board...Steelers fans have had unrealistic expectations I think concerning how many championships the Steelers should have to this point in the last 20 years which is about the time Tom Brady began this incredible run he's been on. We've seen it in the past with Jordan, (insert any other dominant team or athlete), and even now with Lebron especially while he was in the Eastern conference....no matter what kind of team you put together the era belonged to a specific player. I believe the Steelers did as much as they could or were going to do to be in the SBs they were in. Name one other team that can boast much better that arent the Patriots??

Now that Brady is in the NFC the ante is upped quite a bit on Tomlin. I've personally only felt one season was a huge disappointment under him and that was the season they lost to the Jaguars. Even though Brady is still in the league the field, I feel, is at least as wide open as it's ever been in a while in the AFC to make it to a SB so he wont have the same leverage as he has had in the past when these three years are up even if part of it is spent retooling/rebuilding.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Dang it’s getting hot in here. It’s a disco Inferno. Burn baby burn.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Not a perfect one-to-one, but the Colts ten years of franchise QB from 2001-2010 versus the Steelers 2011-2020, Brady present:

115 wins vs. 102
    7 division wins vs. 4
    9 playoff appearances vs. 6
    2 SB appearances (1 win) vs. 0

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Recalculate that with Tomlin‘s first 10 years instead of the last 10 years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    You could at least pass over one of your Michelobs while I reconfigure. Proper courtesy is dead these days...

115 v. 103
    7 v. 5
    9 v. 7
    2/1 v. 2/1

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I drank too many of those last night. Thanks for taking the time to post this looks a little better that way. But this is definitely a good comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No prob. I just threw it out there since comparative success w/ a franchise QB during the Brady years was mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Just when I was settling in with a brew and popcorn for off season war games you break up the fight. You were either a great disciplinarian as a dad, or very boring at a bar tender. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Belichik and his nearly 20 years run with Brady skewed expectations for all other coaches. We will never see something like that again. Overall, Tomlin has been a very good coach and I’d still take him over hot shots such as McVay, Shanahan, Kingsbury and Stefanski who has shown me nothing

• Agree Agree x 4