1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like Cleveland going all in this season !

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by kicker_twentyone, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They were the better team that day and currently have a better roster on paper than the Steelers. Nobody is talking about greatness, so you can put that strawman somewhere.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah Paper Champs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wasn’t making an argument, was making a statement.

You can shine Clevelands dick on if you want, I’m not impressed with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I love Steeler fans! But, DENIAL is not a river in Egypt. Truth is the Browns are definitely on the upswing, and the Steelers are looking at a few rough years ahead.................Truth also is, the Steelers are gonna struggle to finish higher than any other AFC North team this coming year.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe, but until it happens it hasn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well it's always a struggle in the division know matter who's good, or bad, but I'D put money on us being no lower than 2nd. I believe we will be 1st, but I got money on no lower than 2nd.
    I'm repeating myself.
    Ah! Older Age.

7. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    Truthfully, barring injuries, I don't think we finish ahead of Cleveland or Baltimore. Maybe the Bengals, unless they start protecting Burrow. I believe Ben will be benched or hurt again, which is why I wanted him to retire, because that will be an embarrassing way to end his career. Plus, I have no faith in Tomlin. Just being honest......we're a team with a ton of issues right now, whether you want to admit it or not. We can't go on believing we'll win just "because we're the Steelers". I'm old enough to remember when WE were a joke of a football team! It can happen. We had a great run with Ben, but all good things come to an end. The Browns went through 20 years of being bad. Before that they were a dominant playoff team every year for a long time. Ya'all act like the NFL only started 25 years ago. We were terrible in the '60's.......

I remember those years. If you think the Steelers are just gonna win every year because "hey, we're the Steelers", then you're lying to yourself.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As the NFL only being 25 years old, I don't believe any on here believe that. Most on here are way older. Also The 60s were almost 60 years ago...matter what 60s year we're talking about.
    Again Ben is still best Qb in the AFCN.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    That's hilarious. What planet are you living on?

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think the browns have a better roster than the steelers and ravens. Ravens roster is good but they have holes but I trust lamar jackson. I dont trust baker mayfield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Obviously...... Saturn the 6th planet from the sun , and you? Glad I make you laugh. Since you said it was Hilarious. I really don't understand how you would think differently.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The doom and gloom predictions come every year and are wrong every year. There may be some lean years after Ben retires but they’ll still be in the thick of it this season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    Ben was the best.......... Ten years ago! He's done now...... Old, broken down, and a shadow of the player he used to be. That's just a fact.

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    One of the few who agree with you on here. Browns and Bengals get laughed at but they are turning their programs around because they both have decent QB's now. Let's face it, they smoked our asses in the playoffs at our house.

As long as we have a healthy Ben I do believe we hang with them this upcoming season. Ben goes down our boys will be looking up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Again I agree but I think every Steeler fan will feel better with him under center then any other option we have.

It's all speculation right now but there are those who think Ben can keep us in the hunt in the AFCN and those who think we are wasting our time in 2021 and should have moved on from Ben. I'm on the side of wasted season but hope I am dead wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    In the AFCN he is still the best QB.
    He had more Tds, more yards , more completions, a better Completions percentage, and cause I don't like stats......More Wins.....so how is he still not the Best AFCN Qb????

• Like Like x 2
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Facts. Trifling ass facts...

• Like Like x 1
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I think the saying, "what have you done for me lately" comes in play here. Forget that start we had it's the finish that's remembered.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We play a whole season. Not just a quarter, or a game my friend. So you can't just forget.
    It would be like if he sucked the first 10 games, and we lost all them ,but the last 6 he played out of his mind.
    What good would that do you , you wouldn't even make the playoffs. So do you just forget the first 10 games???

21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    There is a reason my signature is, "2020 Outstanding Steeler season". My post was about how this board felt in general. Most people on here just remembered the ending.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You don’t ignore the first games. But the last 6, with an old declining quarterback are a more likely indicator of the future.