1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace: Nothing Compares to Playing for the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 19, 2021.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    We hear this so often from ex players but when it comes down to it they often run for the money and then usually fizzle out and fade away. Perhaps the Steeler FO feels too optimistic sometimes that players will continue their career here at a discount just because of the atmosphere created.

As for Tomlin being targeted in this thread, I have little problem with that. He is said to be a great coach by most of the players but those same players also show an unprepared level on many gamedays. Just last year, other teams players were saying how easy it was to compete against us. Mike is the Head coach and that falls squarely on his shoulders whether some fans want to recognize that or not.

I'm actually surprised that Wallace said how great he thinks Tomlin is after Mike called him his one trick pony.

2. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I'm not surprised by what Mike said about Mike. That's called being a man and respecting another after having a differing viewpoint and moving on.

Players are responsible for their play on the field. If a coach decides to bench some of them, the fans would scream, so coach can't win. But this thread is not about that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Somewhere in St Louis a very strange man is wearing a TOMLIN #1 Hat. Purchased at the official Steelers team store of course.

4. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Well TOMLIN certainly does trigger us. He has pretty much wasted over a decade of Steelers Football and the end of a franchise QBs career. We might be stuck without another good QB for a long time so yea I guess that triggers me what has happened to my favorite hometown squad.

That being said I’m trying to put Blame where it should fall and that’s clearly on this fraud of a Rooney.At this point It’s not Tomlins fault he sucks it’s Rooney’s for continually allowing him to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Exactly. Wallace basically said he thought Tomlin was great when he first spoke to him, and he was the best coach he'd played under in retrospect. If people want to read 'players coach' etc. into that specifically, then that's a bit of a reach. If it's considering Tomlin's work as a whole, then as BF says, it's not really what this thread is about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I had no idea you felt this way.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Once again you’re clueless.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He is really going to go off in 5 minutes when he hears the news. Tomlin signed new 3 year contract extension.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought you were joking at first :lolol:

Oh boy.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope that was the really weird timing part. I read yours and Glenn's responses, then flipped over to BTSC's Twitter feed and saw the announcement thinking to myself that maybe you guys had seen it.

11. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Sorry? Unfortunately, we won't be getting over it for at least 3 more years.

Some of us can't believe some of you are happy with mediocrity. It goes both ways. We're a second-tier team, basking in the glory of a once top-notch organization that is more interested in being a boys club than a champion.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Again the point has been missed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Enlighten me. What point did I miss?

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Kind of goes hand in hand though. Nobody said we aren't a great organization, but I'm pretty sure the goal is to win championships, not necessarily have a great, family atmosphere inside the organization.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn’t go hand in hand. It was cool story by an ex players fond memories of his draft and how playing for the Steelers is unlike any other team and even uses the Ravens as an example of how they don’t live up to it.

You guys are conflating it with wins and losses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    He has no point never has. He just likes to act like a super fan on here if anyone tells the truth.

Glenn is a decent guy and does have a point that all these constant belly aching will do nothing case in point TOMLIN is extended. However this is a message board sooooooo that’s the point he is missing.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  17. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    You're right BF. Every thread that has some positivity about the dude, some folks attempt to hijack no matter how off topic it is. I just put their azz on ignore and move on. Can't have a conversation with them, they have some very serious issues.

18. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    See this is a smart guy. Be oblivious to the point of ignoring everyone and watching Steeler Championship reruns. True Bliss

• Like Like x 2
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Because the past is all there is ever going to be as long as MT is the HC. Waxing nostalgic and living in the good ole days is what the steelers fan base has been reduced to. Thanks Rooney, ya f@#%in tool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

21. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    @SteelerGlenn Got it. We have to be happy and positive about everything. Sorry I missed the point.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No you don't have to be happy about anything if you don't want to. But if you're going to complain about Tomlin do it in another thread.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know just the one, too :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    If complaining about Tomlin in a thread where the OP linked an article that talked about him is against the rules, I'll comply. Is that the case? Or do you just want to control the conversation?

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You mean this isn't a kick Tomlin in the balls thread?

Wooderson: say man, you got a joint?

Wait, what were we talking about?

• Like Like x 1