1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OTA's

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    12 players showed up today at OTA's, more expected tomorrow...Good deal!

Happy that some players have their own beliefs and not everyone heeded a CAPTAINS advise to skip workouts...

Not every player is guaranteed a roster spot, and even the ones who presumably do...Working out, staying in shape, and learning the playbook should still be a top priority with the kind of paydays they're receiving...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think many of them have the point that learning the playbook and staying in shape can be done in the comfort (and safety) of their own homes.

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Why wouldn't you... It's like not having to go to work,But still getting paid.....

4. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    If a guy has an injury in OTAs the team is liable. If he's injured working out on his own he's screwed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

If you’re Csm Hayward or some other established vet and you’re assured to make the Team it’s easy to blow off OTAs. If you’re a practice squad guy or some marginal player, you need all the face time and contact with coaches you can get. You have limited opportunities to make an impression. When the team cuts you, your former union brothers won’t pay your rent, or even give you the time of day.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Totally spot on. The difference between players who make a team and don't can be razor thin and anyone not assured a roster spot should take every opportunity to get whatever edge they can to hit pay dirt. The question is, Is it worth it? If it were me, damn straight it is. I am fairly certain players go out an do thing out in public that are much more "unsafe" than going into a facility that should be regulated regarding safety protocols. Will Cam go out to eat anywhere, get groceries, a bank, touch an ATM, interact with anyone outside his home? Of course he will, but that is ok, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1