1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Dobbs - He's back!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KMM, Apr 14, 2021.

1. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    One year deal, supposedly.

I have no idea what the franchise is doing at the QB position

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Apparently, neither do they.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They will merge this thread, but I would guess putting pressure on Haskins and provide some competition for Mason,plus Dobbs can probably help with the new Offense better than anyone besides the new OC..

Who knows they may keep all 4 and prepare for Ben to retire and Mason to test the market after the season..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    good move Dobbs has behind the scenes intangibles, and I think he is growing and improving as a player, bring on the haters: I think he can improve on his accuracy issues

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I like Dobbs. I just never saw the purpose of picking up Haskins besides getting him for pennies on the dollar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Don't forget we're gonna get Teddy Bridgewater too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it's one of those Tomlin has a itch that needs scratching. Like the Mike Vick thing.

8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe, just a run stuffer and blitzer

• Like Like x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Haskins plays D?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I like that Dobbs is back its been so long since I have seen him take any meaningful snaps but I still think he makes the reads faster than Rudolph does.

11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Same thing they did when Troy left they stock piled safeties and non were very good. For at least a couple of years guys on here would joke about mock drafts with the comment can he play safety.

12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Hey, you never know what they could dream up. After all, Silverback was once a Center. I mean it was a nightmare but still had to be someone's dream for it to happen in the first place.:shrug:

13. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I feel better about him than I do Haskins. At least he can carry himself like a professional.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I have no idea why Dobb's still wants to play football, he should be becoming part of a martian landing here in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This move is presumably to offer some competition in camp and maybe keep Haskins & Rudolph on their toes as others have said, albeit I think Rudolph is the clear #2 now regardless. I’d be surprised if Dobbs makes an impact on the field. From what we have heard he is a great guy to have around, no issue with this move.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Lets just put it in reverse. And bring back Vince. Next will be AV. Maybe they can coax Ol Tommy Maddox back :lolol: What? Duck Hodges is coming back?

WTF is going on?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Real Head scratcher here, not leading into anything, but looks
    like the Haskins may not be what the Steelers thought he was.
    I have no Idea what they are doing, I hope it has been thought out?

18. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    If they could only get in a Lab and combine Rudolph/Dobbs/Haskins together we might have a legit PS QB in the making!

Add a little Duck in there and I could see Backup QB potential.

19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    and don't forget we still have Jesse James out there..

20. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Part of the new plan and offense. We are going to line up with 11 QQB's on the field at once. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Same crap the Steelers always do. Let's bring back player X because he "knows the system." They are allergic to change.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Worked out perfectly for the Steelers, they reduced their cap and got him back at a much lower price.

I guarantee you they let him go with this in mind. They may have been hoping the same for Nelson but he’s kind of burning his bridges here.

They were never going to be able to shop outside of the basement bargain bin this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep Dobbs never looked horrible in the preseason games and he never really got a chance in the regular season. He actually looked good and showed some promise until Coach T told him to stop using his legs .. I don't think Dobbs can ever be a straight up pocket passer , but he does have some potential in a mobile QB type system..

At the very least we know he helped Ben and Washington hook up on some big plays that Dobbs noticed that could be run that's from multiple sources..IMO Dobb's should have a short yardage package and be a change of pace type QB , he may never get that chance , but helping out your Team Mates is not a bad fall back either.

24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think this is it in a nutshell. They usually bring in another arm, that guy may surprise but usually gets cut. In this situation I do not think it's so much competition, but rather they really have no idea how Haskins is going to respond. He may indeed show enough maturity and growth to keep around, if not they have the someone they can keep on the cheap who knows the system and is not going to be a distraction. I do not think it has anything to do with how they feel about Haskins, just reality that know one really knows at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    When did this happen?

• Like Like x 1