1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Conner is gone -- to Steelers West

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Apr 13, 2021.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I agree with alot of what you say, But you have to have a different mindset to run the ball. You have to have the desire to line up and beat the guy in front of you. I dont believe we have any great back on the team, but i do believe we have a 1000 yard back on the roster if given the ball 20 times a game [Snell]. We need a couple young maulers on the line and i believe things will change...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Hassenauer is going to play significant downs, the rookie draft pick and Finney will play ahead of him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    At least one mauler please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Ben seems to do better when he has a solid run game and isn't throwing it all over the lot. We need a solid running game. Ben is frayed dental floss of what he used to be and still in his prime had a solid running attack.

I was not for bringing him back. We will see how it all works out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Couldn't agree more. 100% agree with EVERYTHING you just said. It's not the RB that gives you that mentality. It's the OL. Giving Snell the ball 20+ times a game won't get it if the line can't block for crap. But if the line CAN block, then Snell is a 1000 yard back and the offense can flourish with 20+ carries a game, or more.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree with your thoughts on what should happen going forward. Roethlisberger needs to get back under center a lot more. Roethlisberger was always so good in play-action, but the Steelers were barely even trying it by the end of 2020. Those changes were part of why the offense was so damn predictable and that has to change.

I'm not so sure you were right about the intent with Conner. I think he was an insurance policy who could compete for the job in case they couldn't keep Bell.

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    True, but the I'm not impressed with him as a backup either.

He's a warm body that fills a hole.

8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Are you kidding me... 1 year contract for 1.75 million.

He is currently better than anything on the roster and we could not afford this!!!

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Draft is coming up. We’ll get a starter there.

• Agree Agree x 1