1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Make your predictions, doesn’t have to include the Steelers. I’ll start.

JOK will drop out of the first. He’s basically Isaiah Simmons light and even he struggled his first year until about week 11. He has about 20lbs and 3 inches on JOK, teams may be scared off by his size and lack of position.

Zach Wilson will be the first pick of the draft. This almost certainly does not happen, I think there is a connection between Lawrence and Urban which all but assures he will be the first pick but I’m not convinced he’s the best QB in the class.

Steelers will take a QB within the first 2 rounds. Either Jones or Lance in the first or Trask in the 2nd. Jones and Lance is a complete dart throw, no basis for making that prediction but Trask’s name has been connected to them.

Steeles won’t take a RB before rd 4. They have two picks that round, one will go towards a RB. Thoughts and prayers for Turndownforwatt’s TV if that happens :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we have a better season record then most think. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We will go all in on Sam Howell in 2022

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :this!:

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We take 2 defense players in the 1st three rounds.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Great so they can finish last in the league in rushing again :shrug:.

7. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I would be ok w RB in 1st and defense 2 and 3,

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    1) If San Francisco goes A) Justin Fields or B) Trey Lance at #3, Atlanta takes a kings ransom to move out of #4. If they take Mac, there won't be a trade.
    2) No matter who the Steelers select at #24, or if they trade back, or if they trade up, you can come to thesteelersfans.com to learn that it was the worst pick/trade possible, and Mike Tomlin should be fired.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    My bold prediction is that waaaaay to many teams will draft a QB in the first round. Most of those teams will end up disappointed with who they picked in a couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Greg Newsome is the 3rd CB selected
    Aaron Rodgers is pissed because GB still doesn't give him a 1st rnd weapon
    Steelers do not draft a WR
    Steelers trade up on day 2

• Like Like x 2
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So we agree.:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think the NYJ already made that mistake by trading away Darnold. Ryan Tannehill got better when he left Adam Gase and went to Tenn and Darnold had no one to throw to in NY. TJ Houshmanzadeh said Darnold was throwing darts at TJs training facility/camp. I'm not a big believer in Zach Wilson either if that's who they are targeting.

13. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I agree the Jets should've stuck with Darnold, but I think Wilson will be the best QB of the class. I guess it all depends on what they do with the picks they got for Darnold.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 argue, but most Pros throw darts, especially when they don't have 2 read a D, or worry about getting put on their A$$

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    true, he didn't elaborate if he was throwing on air or ??? I think Chase Claypool was also training with TJ this past month as a side note.

I'm just surprised the trade happened since they invested that #1 pick on him recently. I thought their best move would have been to trade back somewhere still in the top 10 and taken a stud WR plus whatever boat load of riches they could have gotten in trade for that #2 pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Bold Predictions Blast?! Right before bed time?! :lolol:

Okay! If you say so!!! You all ready?!

[​IMG]

Prediction One: Trey Lance gets drafted number 3 overall to the 49ers instead of Justin Fields or Mac Jones:

Justin Fields has the dynamic play making ability and Mac Jones has the accuracy one cannot teach. So what will Kyle Shanahan do?! Take the QB with arguably the highest ceiling in the class in Trey Lance. Keep in mind that Lance will not have to start immediately as I imagine Jimmy G holding onto as long as he can. That said, expect Lance to be the future of the team starting in either mid to late 2021 or the start of the 2022 season.

Prediction Two: Micah Parsons slips outside the Top 15:

Most people believe I will use the hazing incident as my standpoint for this. Nope!!! While Micah Parsons has some of the best overall Pass Rushing skills I have ever seen from a Linebacker, his Run Stopping skills are very good but not great; not one would want from a Top 15 player. However, his uncertainty and overall lack of polish and fundamentals in Pass Coverage is what really lets him down. No doubt he will be a Top 20 pick but I seriously doubt him to explode off the starting blocks like Devin White and Devin Bush Jr. did back in 2019.

Prediction Three: Caleb Farley falls out of the Top 20:

Even with a medical clearing by NFL Doctors, the major issue now surrounding Mr. Farley, fair or otherwise, is his opt out of the 2020. Again, for me personally, I could not have cared less if he did for he was a Top 10 Player entering the 2021 Draft. That said, others may not be as forgiving as me; his 2020 film before his injury not being a very good selling point. Given the fact that said tape is likely the tape teams will rely on to determine where he falls along with his stellar Freshman Season, expect Farley to free fall a bit (more on this in a bit).

Prediction Four: Justin Fields is selected by the New England Patriots instead of Mac Jones by a massive trade to the Atlanta Falcons:

Some may be shocked by this but personally, I am not. If there is one thing I definitely can count on someone as prideful as Bill Belichick, it is rebuilding his team, his way. To that end and, given how egotistical he is, I seriously doubts he wants another "Tom Brady" in Mac Jones. Besides, with Cam Newton on the Roster for them, Justin Fields can sit and learn some tricks from the Former NFL MVP. As such, say hello to what will be officially "Bill Belichick's Team" as opposed to "Tom Brady's Team". To do so though... they will be trading with someone (more on this later).

Prediction Five: Jerry Jones elects to trade up for Kyle Pitts:

This is Jerry Jones we are talking about. Remember though, even dating back to the year 2000, Jerry Jones is not a fan of trading up.... at all. He often lets the board come to him. That said, Given how he has been on record to being infatuated with Kyle Pitts, I cannot shake the feeling that Jerry Jones is likely going to buck his trends as he does not have much longer sadly and would rather do something now than never. Besides, whatever the cost, Kyle Pitts... with that Offense?! Worth every penny Jerry will pay.

Prediction Six: Jayson Oweh gets drafted to the New York Jets instead of a Running Back:

Again, not the ideal situation I would opt for if I am an NFL GM. That said, I doubt that Robert Saleh is going to turn a blind eye to such a LEGENDARY piece of clay like Oweh is. He may be raw but with an ascending Quinnen Williams, Jayson Oweh could shock some people in his Rookie Season; myself included. Look for his name to be called somewhere in Round One.

Prediction Seven: Cleveland trades up ahead of the Steelers to take Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah:

..... UGH..... I would not be in the least bit surprised if the Browns were to do this! Given the fact that the Browns have already seen how great talents like Minkah Fitzpatrick can perform, I seriously doubt Browns GM Andrew Berry will play a blind eye to someone of JOKer's talent and skill level. Besides, any way to assist both Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward is all the better for the Browns as JOK can fill so many needs. Toi do so though, the Browns elect to give the Titans their 1st, 3rd and 5th to do so.

Prediction Eight: Atlanta trades with New England to pick 15 to then trade back into the top 10 to select Mac Jones:

I know that would be some serious form of Draft Capital Juggling there but please, here me out. Atlanta actually controls this draft more than others are giving them credit for. The number four overall pick is a prime place to grab a QB.... and New England knows this all too well. That said, two 1s (one from each year), two 2s (one from each year), a third and Stephon Gilmore (possibly) would be worth the asking price to move from 15 to 4. In exchange?! Atlanta then elects to trade the 15th pick they got from New England as well as New England's one for next season, their own 2nd round pick and both third round picks to move back into the top 10 via Miami to select Mac Jones. Again, very unusual set of circumstances but I seriously doubt Arthur Blank wants to wait another year for a QB where the iron is very hot to strike in 2021. Besides, Mac Jones would fit more hand in glove in Atlanta's Offensive System than others believe.

Prediction Nine: DeVonta Smith falls out of the Top 10 but Miami trades their 15th Overall Pick, Atlanta's Second Round Pick and Miami's own Third to the New York Giants to acquire him:

Once again, it is all about how the board breaks here. Keep in mind that, I personally have no doubt DeVonta Smith falls outside the Top 10 anyways. That said, he is still a dynamic talent; one that which Tua would oh most be grateful for. While the cost to acquire Smith will be great, the impact that DeVonta will have for the Dolphins will be all worth it in the end. Besides, obtaining weapons that are not only dominant but weapons Tua has some chemistry with is a fast track for Brian Flores and the Dolphins to become competitive in an AFC East that is post the Tom Brady Era.

Prediction Ten: Three Corners are selected in the Top 20; Six Total in Round One. Greg Newsome hits the Top 20:

Alright, alright. We already know some of the Corners that likely will hear their name come draft day; Jaycee Horn Jr, Patrick Surtain II and Caleb Farley, to name a few. Tyson Campbell is also likely to hear his name called before his Georgia Corner Back teammate Eric Stokes. That said, Greg Newsome II will be the third Corner taken in the Top 20. Some might believe such a spot is too high but, for me, Greg Newsome II can be argued as the best overall Corner in the draft. He is more technical than Horn Jr but possess better overall ball skills and ball tracking abilities than Surtain. All three are excellent athletes but the major aspect that separates Greg Newsome II over the other two is that he possess the better consistency. While consistency does not sound all that much by Corner standards, given how the NFL is moving towards more big bodied yet shifty Wide Receivers, consistency becomes more valuable than any athletic ability could provide.

Prediction Eleven: Jaguars Swap Picks with the Colts along with a 3rd and a 5th to select Najee Harris:

Trevor Lawrence does indeed need a Blindside Protector for sure given the fact that Cam Robinson is not coming back and Jawaan Taylor is not suited for such a role. James Robinson is a very good back but for Urban Meyer to make a statement, he is going to need a Feature Back and Najee Harris is exactly that. Harris brings a dimension that the likes of Robinson sadly cannot match.

Prediction Twelve: Pittsburgh selects Caleb Farley over Zaven Collins. Alex Leatherwood and Travis Etienne:

Sounds crazy right?! Well, Travis Etienne is the primary contingency plan in case Najee Harris is there. Logic dictates that Etienne would be the pick here. So... why isn't he?! This is a bit tricky as both Tomlin and Colbert have been to the Clemson Pro Day but not Farley's. Again, what gives?! The answer lies in the fact that Tomlin has been confirmed to have conversed with Farley via Zoom Call (found here). Zoom Calls as a whole are the Wild Card here but I would suspect that a Top 10 Talent like Farley is simply way too much for Tomlin or Colbert to ignore. Now, the same can be said about Zaven Collins but one major aspect that is greatly working against him is that the Steelers have not selected a First Round Defensive Player from a Non Power Five School since Aaron Jones of Eastern Kentucky back in 1988. While the need of a Linebacker to pair with Bush Jr is great, the same can be said about who the succession plan is behind Joe Haden as the team clearly is not sure that Justin Layne is the guy and relying James Pierre is quite the leap of faith given only one noteworthy playoff performance. As a result, due to being the higher graded player, Farley likely wins out here.

Prediction Thirteen: Baltimore selects Rashod Bateman and not Kadarius Toney in Round One:

I am much higher on Bateman than others among the National Community; some thinking he is overrated and therefore not worth an early day two selection while others believe he will bust out all together. Toney, on the other hand, is widely reputed to go anywhere between the end of the First Round to the Top Half of the Second. Either way, the Ravens do indeed need Receiving help. That is where the devil is in the tiny little details as Bateman's style of play and superior hands would finally give Lamar Jackson the reliable pass catcher he so desperately needs. Toney may have the superior play making abilities in space with the athleticism to match but Bateman has superior hands and can get open just as fast as Toney can. As such, Baltimore picking a Wide Receiver that can actually catch consistently is paramount if they want Lamar Jackson to take that next step.

Prediction Fourteen: Gregory Rosseau falls out of the First Round:

While this may not be a surprise to some, the fact that he is constantly getting mocked to teams even inside the Top 15 is a bit puzzling to me. Outside of his immense physical gifts....that is all he provides. Anyone remember Dion Jordan?! Let us hope the NFL has as well.

Prediction Fifthteen: No Safety will be selected in the First Round for the First Time since 2011:

Trevon Moehrig definitely deserves to be the first Safety off the board. That said, I seriously doubt he will as there really is not a team currently in the 2021 Draft that is going to use said capital on him to warrant such a pick. It is a shame but as they say, all good things must come to an end.

Prediction Sixteen: The Cincinnati Bengals select Ja'Marr Chase over Penei Sewell:

Color me unsurprised should this happen. While I do love both players, Joe Burrow needs more protection rather than more weapons. Plenty of chances to get other weapons, Terrance Marshall Jr. included, later in the draft than the best Offensive Tackle prospect since Tony Boselli. However, I remind everyone that this is the Bengals we are talking about..... so expect them to mess this one up.

Prediction Seventeen: Carlos "Boogie" Basham goes ahead of Azeez Oljuari (Boogie goes to the Colts at their new spot in 22 while Azeez goes the Titans at pick 26):

Using my current predictions, I have decided that, while the Colts do need an Offensive Tackle, even with Samuel Cosmi still on the board, this is a loaded Offensvie Tackle class and can stand to afford to wait and can always trade higher in Round Two thanks to their Rival's Third Pick for one. As such, finding a pass rusher would be ideal. Azeez Oljuari makes tremendous sense for them but "Boogie" possess great athleticism to go with arguably the best toolbox in the class; something the Colts will need if they want to contend with the likes of Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Carlos provides this in ways that Azeez, while gifted, simply cannot do. That said, I doubt that Azeez is complaining as he fits perfectly with what the Titans like to do with their pass rushers.

Prediction Eighteen: Kwity Paye Falls out of the First Round:

Much like Rosseau but to a lesser extent, it is not that Paye is unpolished. The fact of the matter is that, unlike Gregory, who can be used even as a stand up 3-4 OLB, Paye.... cannot. At least not right off of the bat. For that matter, attempting him to do so is an absolute waste of his talents. Add the fact that not many 4-3 Teams in the back half of the First Round have more pressing needs on their hands and Paye looks like the classic case of a Top 10 Athletic Talent but with Day 2 Scheme Limitation.

Prediction Nineteen: Asante Samuel Jr goes before Tyson Campbell and Campbell is the Sixth Corner in the First Round; tying the most in the First Round in a decade:

While some do not believe that the son of Asante Samuel should go in the First Round, I beg to differ. The Buffalo Bills would love to have a running mate to go with Tre'Davious White and have some additional flexibility when using Samuel Jr in the slot. Tyson Campbell is a pure slot corner despite have some experience in that regard. Furthermore, Samuel Jr has some of the best ball skills, if not the best ball skills, among all Cornerbacks in the draft. Even if the Bills where to lose White for some time, Samuel Jr is more than up to the task to perform.

My final prediction.....

Prediction Twenty: Javonte Williams is the final pick in the First Round over Travis Etienne:

Yes, yes, Bruce Arians loves multi role Offensive Weapons. Tom Brady loves to throw check downs to his Running Backs as well. While Etienne is the better play here as he is the superior Offensive Weapon, Javonte Williams possess the greater ability to not only break tackles in the open field but hold onto the football much better than Etienne does; likely a sticking point for Arians and Brady. By this rule, Javonte Williams wins out over Etienne.

I have plenty more to go on at present. Sadly though, I am spent in terms of what I want to say as I need to head to work very soon. I may or may not touch up on these later on today but these 20 items to me seem more likely to happen in Round One than others are giving it credit for; doubly so the Justin Fields trading fiasco.

Anyways everyone....

[​IMG]

17. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    - Trevor Lawrence is Andrew Luck II - high floor, won't reach lofty ceiling, always be a bit overrated, not generational

- One of Jones/Lance/Fields will drop to the Steelers, who will pass on them for a RB

- Zach Wilson will be an epic bust - one season against crap competition under almost no pressure has elevated him to Darnold status.

- Kyle Trask will be the QB teams overlooked and missed out on

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmm. You agree with me they take a CB in the 1st round. Amazing we agree on something.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Implying we have not agreed a majority of the time since your tenure here?!

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not sure. I'd have 2 check. Just seems we always have 2 agree 2 disagree. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:lolol:

Not true. We have agreed more times than not. :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree with your reasoning if Bill passes on Jones. It’s Bills system that makes Brady so successful, he doesn’t need to reinvent himself to prove he can win without Brady, it’s Brady that needs to prove he can win without Bills system and he didn’t do that in Tampa. His first 8 weeks or so he was doing terribly, it wasn’t until they started playing more NE ball that Tampa and Brady began playing better. Not taking anything away from Brady, 7 SB’s speaks for itself but he is doing it with Bills system.

So to me, no way Bill passes on Jones if he feels he is the best to run it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

There in lies my rebuttal though. We need to inspect Bill Belichick from what we know. Bill is egotistical and arrogant to the core; always willing to buck the trend to prove himself right and others wrong. For me, acquiring Cam Newton was more than just merely getting a starting capable QB.

Another reason to see why Belichick might get Fields over Jones; familiarity. Cam Newton and Justin Fields have similar play styles; Newtown being the more athletic player but Fields having the greater consistency. Add the fact that the Patriots will be bringing the house to Fields Pro Day tomorrow and I would imagine that Belichick would fall more for Fields than Jones.

The biggest reason though goes back to who Bill Belichick is. Belichick will want to stick it to everyone that doubts him. To do so, he will go at whatever lengths to do it. Justin Fields gives him the perfect player to do that.

Again though Blast and remember, it is just a prediction! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I wish you had left the “S” off the word prediction!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bold prediction - Steelers win the AFCN again.

Not so Bold prediction - Rudolph is 0-1 in the playoffs at seasons end.

• Like Like x 1