1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can definitely see Burrow's competitive nature leading him into stupid mistakes just like Mayfield and Jackson did in their 2nd years. The Bengals don't have enough pieces around him yet to allow for the mistakes and still overcome them. He will try to throw back across his body while jumping in the air as he is getting hit because Mahomes does it. But he isn't Mahomes and there isn't a Hill on his team....yet.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I bet if he had a 17 million offer from the Ravens and a 16 million offer from the Steelers, he would have chosen the Steelers. That’s what it means to say you like it here, not that you’d turn down an insane amount of money to prove it. I don’t even think he’d be allowed to do that.

I’m surprised you think this is the best place for him to maximize his potential given how you feel about Ben. JuJu is risking a hell of a lot, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Steelers have never finished 4th in the AFC North and have only finished in 4th place three times in the AFC Central. They've also only finished 4th only 4 times since Chuck Noll was hired way back to 1969. This isn't a just get lucky franchise. That's pretty dang good football.

I'm optimistic they won't finish dead last in the AFC North this season despite growing competition. Steelers have a pretty good track record and the Clowns can be the Clowns and the Bungles can implode in a moments notice. Rats will always be our toughest competition.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Leave for 1 year and then have to leave again if you get the better contract. Thats alot of moving and headache and playbooks to learn.

Im sure he would have killed it in KC but they were never going to pay him like a #1 cause they have too many other weapons that are going to get paid before Juju would. KC would have been the place to go for less money but your top priority is winning.

He stayed in the Burgh cause it just made more sense than any other move right now. THis guy was all the way out the door already and happy about it. Then things didn't work out the way he thought it would and so now he is staying here and acting like he's the good guy for doing it. He will be looking for his payday next year as well and will be all about leaving the burgh next offseason as well. Juju is not the kid that he was when he came here. He's gotten a bit full of himself and probably has too many people in his ear telling him he is better than he is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That and he had that one great college year where it was just a perfect storm, and everybody ran with it and thought he was the next greatest thing. I think he will be good but not great. Like a matt Ryan kind of. Also the Bengals have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'd be completely shocked if they finished 4th. Its not impossible due to the departures, Ben being pretty much washed, and the overall talent of the roster but I don't see it. I think they can be 3rd. Possibly second. I think bmore will be first, though Cleveland has the best roster in the division, but the ravens have an mvp at qb so I value that the most.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Your wrong predictions are pointless :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, but they did it with Bill Austin's players!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yet comforting in an ever changing world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m glad to have JuJu back. Not sure what’s the point of knocking the guy down?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    Jacksons the worst Qb in the division.
    Cam Newton had an MVP, Matt Ryan also. How did that work out for them???? I could name more , but you get the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I agree. Jackson can't keep doing what he's doing. He will be taken off the field in a body bag in just a few seasons or less if he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Agree that Ben absolutely has to play better, but I do think the young WR's having another year of experience SHOULD help him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry couldn't resist. Maybe place a large wager on the Steelers and if you win you can change your handle. You know, pay the mortgage off.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He does this hesitation move when he's along the sideline and a defender is closing. He is trying to make them commit to a big hit before he steps out so he can make a move and break one. One of these days, he's going to get lit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Mahomes does the same move, hesitates at the sidelines, waits until the defender gives up, get three or four more yards and steps out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I hate that crap, players need to wise up and just grab hold of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they gave Heyward a penalty last season when Lamar did that crap.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Because they know qbs are protected. Even when running.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He should've just texted Reid back the 6 we have.
    I mean when A .Rodgers won his 1st ,everyone just assumed he would get there multiple times.
    Just like everyone assumes P. Maholmes will.
    In today's Qb economy the farther you are from being a rookie, the harder it is 2 make it 2 the SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought the same thing, JuJu be like, we got six, Andy! :lolol:

But JuJu doesn’t have any, so, can’t really use that argument.

• Like Like x 3
  23. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I actually dont have a mortgage. I used to have a job where I was preparing mortgage documents. I reaaaaaaly hated that job.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I wonder if Andy dusted off that Lombardi before texting JuJu? The only trophy worth texting anyone as incentive is the one Brady tossed off that boat.

And now that Mahomes has been proven to be human and can get hurt, he's no longer superman.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Chiefs were willing to go in for one year. Would they offer JuJu the multi-year deal he wants when they already have big contracts for Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill on the offensive side of the ball? JuJu would be nice to have, but they can get good production out of a drafted WR for much less money.