1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest bust potential

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    There were some reporting today to not be surprised if San Fran took Jones at 3. I would be shocked, but just cannot believe the amount of capitol spent to get to that spot.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh I believe that level of capital no doubt!! That is just the current state of the NFL as teams who believe that "the guy" is worth every penny. Whatever the cost and damn the loss.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think we are getting off the point i was trying to make and didn't make properly. things go in cycles. the SEC is hot because they get good players. so do the other conferences. bama and ohio st. are the top recruiting teams in the country. every conference has it's also rands. all of them. i was just saying because bama plays an all sec schedule last year doesn't mean that jones played the best every week. many of the sec teams had a losing record. more then most years. bama is the top dog with recruits at the top in every position. it's like david against goliath. same as the big ten and the buckeyes. sure teams will beat them once in awhile or come close at times and it's big news, but as a norm it doesn't happen often. the pac 12 is the conference that has dropped big time in talent and putting picks into the nfl. sure they still do but not like they used too. the mac and american are putting a lot more players in the nfl as well. i'm just saying these teams can play with the likes of the sec and big ten. :cool:

4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I can't believe the Phins spent a first to move from 12 back to 6. Could have had one of top 4 ranked receivers and kept the pick.

Niners must really believe in Fields or Jones. Whoever they draft will be lucky to play in Shanny's offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, don't get one either. Word is that they believe 4 QB's will go in the top 5 plus Sewell. At #6 they will have their pick of wr's.

6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The glamour drives the insanity I understand the top 3 ranked WR's have special qualities, but at least 2 have some things that would make me pause. Also take into account how many wr taken in the 2nd round in recent years have outplayed those taken in the 1st. That in itself is not the lone measuring stick, but some really good (and possible) generational talent will be there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Miami has multiple first round picks for the next few years, so trading one isn't a big deal, with them being at 6 they might have a chance at Pitts or Chase, Waddle, Smith.

8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Are any of the receivers can't miss? Buffalo traded up for Sammy Watkins a few years ago, could have stayed put and gotten Mike Evans or OBJ. This feels like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    AQL....that is a ton of analysis you did on those guys...I only respectfully disagree with PS II. He seems to have that "it" factor but I only watched him in a couple of games and noone even tested him so my basis is pretty weak sauce.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough good sir!!!

All I am saying is that, while Surtain will do reasonably well against some Receivers, shifty Receivers like Devante Adams, Diontae Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tyler Lockett and others will give him far more trouble in the long run. Big Corners usually are not suited well towards dealing with those smaller, more agile Wide Receivers. If anything, there are only a handful of Cornerback's Six Feet or overall that have done so; Rod Woodson and Deion Sanders being chief among them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    asante samuel

eric stokes

shemar jean-charles

camryn bynum

if we come away with one of those 4 i will be pretty happy. i think they can all help us at corner going forward. you can never have enough good corners.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1