1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And the Giants cap issues are? FA doesn't exist in a vacuum. Fuller got 10 million on a one year deal because they manipulated their cap situation to pay him 770k for the season. Realities of the lower cap, some positions have lower value than others but there will always be teams over paying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agree. We see it every year.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Giants are also over spending. Threw too much at Adoree as well.

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Juju could have went to the giants but I'm pretty sure they weren't offering him that.

5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You never know what a team wants sometimes. 31 other teams looked at Antonio Brown and saw the production at his prime but thought the off the field stuff out weighed any contribution he could make. Tampa did as well but Brady went to bat for him. He got himself a ring but I'm not hearing big money offers now. Strange bunch of squirrels in the nfl.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He won't because they dont trust him. He burned alot of bridges. But not due to production. Juju's free agency is based strictly on PRODUCTION.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    But that was last season who knows what this season is going to be like. TY Hilton signed a 1 yr 10 million dollars deal to stay with the Colts. That seems to be the going rate for wr's this year. They are all banking on big deals next year.

8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    DKPS reported teams were concerned with the health of Juju's knee and how that may be affecting his explosiveness. If he can get right then I am sure he can get a big deal

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ty is old. That's why he only got that.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm twice his age. Can I get $5M/year?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A lot of teams are not calling Antonio because it is supposed to be a rich draft in WRs. I think even Tampa feels they are set and willing to wait out the draft before making an offer to bring him back.

12. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    $3.5. The board is tight to the cap this year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'll take it!

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    When does AB go to court, that's what is holding teams back imo.

15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    For which case? The exposing himself, the flaking out on his debts, the moving company assault, or suing the Raiders to get his money? I don't know when any of that is scheduled but I know his legal troubles could bleed him dry

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I disagree, the league already suspended him over him getting into trouble, his court cases could be settled by money.

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    If he would quit leaving his money laying around in duffle bags he wouldn't have any court cases. He's bad publicity until he settles or is found innocent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The immoral ones.

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/r...ust-go-play-ball-this-wasnt-the-time-for-you/

I was a bit surprised to hear Ryan go off on juju. Of course these guys are all paid to be dramatic.

While I think it's correct JuJu didn't have the offers so his primary reason for staying was waiting for next year, I don't believe JuJu somehow isn't Steeler material.

I really don't give a hoot what someone does in their spare time. If the guy wants to be an internet personality so be it. He's still young and if he's not hurting anyone or getting in trouble legally i don't frankly give a damn.

It's the on field stuff like dancing on another teams logo in the middle of the field that's problematic, but it's not like the kid is being defiant continuing to do the same thing. I'm sure Tomlin and Co. Had a talk with him after. No more antics there. I don't really care about endzone theatrics either. It show enthusiasm for the game as long as it doesn't result in a penalty.

I also disagree that JuJu won't be 'the man's in Pittsburgh. While he's not going to get Antonio Brown like targets, he's going to most likely lead this team in receptions this year. With Baltimore he would have had a running qb and be a 2nd option. In Kansas City he would have been a #3 wr behind Hill and Kelsey. He had essentially of a potential for a big year in those locations.

Juju has the best opportunity to have a solid year statistically to prepare for free agency next year right here in the Burgh.

Ju ju also plays physical. So I don't get the 'he's not a Steeler' comment. Not every Steeler has to be missing teeth growling at the opposing team calling them sissies that should be wearing dresses.

Juju shows up game time. He might never be an AB performance wise. He is also not AB antics wise. Let's face it having a following on tictok following is a hell of a lot better than being known for throwing coolers on sidelines, throwing furniture off balconies, driving 100mph+ on the road, publicly yelling at your QB and OC, requiring special treatment for training camp, sexual abuse allegations, etc etc

My take on the whole thing..

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It is somewhat disingenuous for a guy who spent the last couple of years of his career preparing for a job at ESPN to say anything about what anyone else does off the field so Clark's take on this is a nonstarter for me. He is paid to talk and sometimes you need to create talk because there isn't much to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If you were awakened by a strange sound this morning, there is no need to be alarmed.

It is just the sound of the Juju Smith Shuster defenders, rushing to this thread to discredit Ryan Clark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Clark is spot on. I'm glad somebody finally said it. Guy can't get a contract he likes, takes a few bucks less to stay in town for an extra year, and people want to name a street after him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Ryan doesn't need Juju supporters to discredit him, he does a good enough job discrediting himself. Didn't he sign with The Washington Football team for his final year and claim they were the best defense in Football?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yeah it's not like he is in bar fights like Claypool haha

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    @Blast Furnace but remember I didn't know what I was talking about when I first called that juju resigned because he didn't get the money he thought he would and this was his best opportunity for free agency next yr not that he couldn't leave Steeler nation :shrug: