1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chase Claypool Incident

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Mar 24, 2021.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Dude that got kicked was on his side, rolling up from being flat on his back (I originally stated 'almost flat on his back'). He has one guy on top of him who appears to be trying to help him because that guy lunges at Chase after the kick. I can hear the kick land plain as day, followed by "Hey what the f_ck..." and people going after Chase. It's all there, unfortunately.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t look that way to me. Guy on his back is trying to get up, guy that got kicked is on top of or above him and gets kicked in the face.

Doesn’t matter, if police conclude he kicked that guy, it’s assault. Claypool is in trouble.

3. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I don't know, brah (sorry, couldn't resist), you must have a much better video than the one I'm looking at. I can't tell if the kick sound is "plain as day" the sound of Chase's sneaker making contact with someone's head. There's a LOT going on. There are lots of sounds. People are very likely reacting to SEEING the kicking MOTION and not the sound of contact. If it's determined that he INTENDED to kick the dude in the face, then that's enough to get him in trouble, contact or no contact.

Can someone find out if he has been working out with Ndamukong Suh? If so, add another game to his suspension and have James Harrison randomly drug tested.

• Like Like x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He kicks the guy on the bottom. TMZ had a magnified freeze-frame image of it last night.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe a very similar sound to someone getting kicked in the face coincided with someone allegedly getting kicked in the face?;+)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    If you say so ;)

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    If that guy is on the Bucs, he gets a $5k fine. If he's in the AFC North, he gets 6 games.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  10. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Two out of three ain't bad. I'll let you guess which two I am and the one I'm not.

11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I haven't seen it, don't want to or need to. It'll get investigated and if he did what was alleged, he deserves a suspension and fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What herb you usin?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If the person he allegedly kicked in the face doesn't file charges, this is a non event. If he does file charges, then I support prosecuting to the fullest extent whatever that leads to. I was an advocate of Chase from the get go. NFL has too many illiterate mindless thugs getting away with crimes others can't. This includes our HOF QB whose victim is known to someone in my family. No one can convince me he is not guilty. Period.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This nonsense with Ben again? I know someone blah, blah, blah

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Uhmm. It was just a bar fight. Nobody died.
    I don't see the need for suspension. Give him a fine$$$ . Get on with life.
    Now Tomlin needs 2 tell him next time...I'll sit your A$$....NFL won't have 2. Just so He doesn't get into something worse than a casual bar fight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Them goal posts been moved BRO hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I just met my older brother who was adopted 48 years ago literally like last weekend. He's a surfer, I'll dig into this for the sake of of all of the brobrahbruhloo! He's also a billygoats fan so I don't know if we have a future hahahahahahah

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Oh well either way it unfolds our 2nd year guy officially earned the first dumbass of of the off season award... Somebody gots to keep it going. Hahahahahahah

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He is here on a work visa isn't he? I would think he would have to keep out of stuff like this in order to continue living and working in the US unless he has dual citizenship.

20. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    There’s always a group of punks looking to start something with someone famous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Thinking out loud here.

Are the Steelers as good at drafting Wide Receivers as we give them credit for?

Plaxico Burress
    Santonio Holmes
    Mike Wallace
    Antonio Brown
    Martavis Bryant
    Juju Smith Shuster
    Chase Claypool

All are athletically gifted. All have or had the capability to put up, or put up huge numbers. All brought all most as much headaches as they did receptions.

Just thinking out loud. Was it worth it? Is there a reason these guys were passed on by other teams? Is it the Mike Tomlin, players coach culture that enabled these guys to act out in such ways?

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Both of my brothers are surfers and I went to high school with a bunch of Spicoli sound-alikes (look-alikes too), I'll "surf speak" with you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I didn't see Claypool kick anyone when I watched the video, and really don't care to watch it again.

Based on what I saw I really do not think the NFL should suspend or fine Claypool.

That being said Claypool really needs to watch himself. He has a pretty bright future ahead of himself if he doesn't muck it up.

I think the Steelers may need to consider hiring a counselor as assistant WR coach.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I was talking about Claypool.

25. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    That was pretty obvious. But your comment was a reflection. It was about Claypool but directed to all of us.

• Like Like x 1