1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chase Claypool Incident

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Mar 24, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

We will have to see. Never said it was definitive. Only that the possibility of the NFL nipping this in the bud is there.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I heard the Clayton iterview on the FAN . The hosts asked him about a ton of stuff, FA moves by the Steelers and other teams, Juju, prospects for Villanueva, Connor, etc . They talked briefly about Claypool. Hosts asked if he thought the NFL would investigate the incident, Clayton said yes. But that’s hardly a hot take. He was asked, do you think Claypool would face discipline, his reply was to the effect: sure, he could be, maybe he could get a game or two. But honestly, he was talking off the top of his head, and really without thinking. Is discipline possible? Sure. Could he be suspended? Maybe. It wasn’t like he was reporting anything he’d heard from league officials or anything. He wasn’t even really expressing disgust or outrage or anything about the incident. So I wouldn’t take too much from his comments.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    One of the highlights of my life was about 30 years ago. A guy I knew, who thought he was a surfer, from Santa Cruz told my brother, "Dude, brah! Your brothers a bro!" I was so proud!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sorry Brah that was directed at Clayton

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe he thinks I’m a surfer?

• Like Like x 1
  6. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Maybe... did it end up on JuJus Instagram before TMZ? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmmm. I say Brah now and again, and I only wish I could surf.
    I just worked with a bunch of them. Sometimes that $h!t wears off on you.
    Next thing you know you're speaking that stuff. LoL.

• Like Like x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Shaka, brah! Lets pound some brews and go carve some gnarly lip rips! It's pumpin'! Overhead, brah!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  11. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    James Harrison has been fined $50K for this incident.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The Fan has Clayton on A LOT...I listen quite often, and you are spot on...They ask him a variety of Steeler related questions, and he gives his opinion... That's all it is..." Could " he be suspended ? " Maybe "

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    So a 22 year old gets himself involves in a bar skirmish in which he was basically breaking up. Not exactly earth shattered ground being broke here.

It is dumb though hopefully he realizes he has too much to lose.

Well it sucks if he gets suspended. Guess it could be a lot worse so hopefully he learns his lesson.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    TMZ slowed down the video and magnified it, unfortunately there was a kick to the head/face.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wonder if he got fined for sleeping in those team meetings?

16. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    At :31 seconds he shoves someone away and then in the following couple of seconds you see him approach the pile and make some kind of stomping motion. I wouldn't call it a kick and it's difficult to tell what he was doing or if it connected with anyone, however the instant reaction from multiple dudes saying "Hey man!" after he did it followed by a failed attempt by the smaller guy to tackle him and instead face planting, says the most that it was likely an offensive action rather than a defensive one. I also want to point out that just because I am posting this doesn't mean I think he's AB 2.0 or a complete thug like other members seem to be saying over this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I opened this thread looking for this comment and wasn’t disappointed lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Almost all WR'S are some sort of me guy now days .. I think for them to survive HS and College at the position they have to develope a bit of Diva .. I think this incident is no big deal as long as it's not the start of some sort of I am bigger than life ego..I think that's what happened to AB is he built himself up so high in his own mind and once he made it to the top he believed his own hipe he used to motivate himself...

A very fine line these guys have to walk as without the I am the man attitude they will never reach full potential.. They just need to learn to leave that on the field IMO and try and be just a normal guy off the field..

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    in breaking news tom brady was involved in a late night fight. there was some hair pulling and a scratch put on the aggressors arm by tom with his nails. roger goodell has called canton and asked that tom be on the balloting while he's still playing because of the incident. they have granted his request. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I see it now. I was looking for the kick when they first identified Claypool in the video, wasn’t until he came around the other side. I believe it was because the guy he kicked was on top of his friend.

This concerns me much more than anything JuJu has ever done, he’s never been in the news for anything like this, he’s in the news for Tik tok videos and handing out sneakers to all the customers in a store and paying for them and going trick or treating with a bunch of children.

Claypool is in the league one year and this stuff is already happening. Someone better take him aside and make him see the light. I don’t think what he did was terrible and I would hardly call that a kick but he should know better.

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And she says, "Baby, it's 3 a.m., I must be lonely"
    And she says, "Baby, well, I can't help
    But be scared of it all sometimes
    And the rain's gonna wash away what I believe in"

• Like Like x 2
  22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The guy he kicked was on top of no one, he's almost flat on his back. Chase had been separated from the pile and chose to go back in and fire a kick to the guys face, which is worse than a sucker punch where I come from.
    Minimum 2 game suspension, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'd call it a kick, since it can be heard connecting to the guys face.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    !00% he was on top of another guy.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He was flat on his back and you heard the kick connect with his face :hmm:

There was a guy flat on his back, looked to me that the guy he kicked was on top of that guy.