1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And I don't have to change my avatar :)

(or was that aviator?)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

Agree with all of this. Plus Juju is still very young. He works hard and should be better next year. DJ and Claypool are also young, work very hard, and will be better.

The next step is to fix the run game with 2 OL 1 RB in the first 3 picks.

Boom! Offense is immediately better than last year.

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I guess I was right.
    Another gut feeling that came true and only a short time later. I take victory lap, LOL.

I like the price tag. Like one year too, just in case. Gives us a chance to see if he is going mental like Brown.

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Can't say I'm overwhelmed. I'd rather they had put that money toward signing a good RB or center, but I guess they think they can roll with what they have or get what they need in the draft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    JuJu better have it in his contract that all the routes he runs must be ten yards or longer. And Ben better have better arm strength to deliver on longer throws. Otherwise JuJu will be making even less in 2022.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He had interest from the Jets, offered 9 mill plus 4 mill in incentives from the purple crows, Kansas City 8 mill with 3 mill in incentives and the Eagles which offered a multi year deal no figures of the payday. Guess he thinks another year and with the salary cap going up next year he can cash in and get what he wants. Reeks of an agent believing he is worth more. So be it. Get to work now Juju Tok. Hopefully his maturity level will be increased.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He showed in the playoff game vs the Browns he could run routes longer than ten yards, the blame goes to Fichtner for not coming up with a better gameplan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    He'll work hard and play hard. No worries here about his performance. Plus, the guy stays healthy. Maybe he dials back on his sideshow b.s.?. Might have affected his bottom line, especially with so many other options with similar stats. Keeping him here just wasn't a priority. I'm probably going to catch sh!t for this but it almost seems as if this signing was the Steelers doing Juju and Ben a solid as much as anything else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats why I laugh that this was the best landing spot for JuJu. Really? What if Ben gets hurt and has Rudolph and Haskins throwing to him? What if Ben just doesn’t have it anymore? What if they continue to throw him 5 yards passes?

Lot of risk for him to come back here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I believe he and his agent can get a longer, more lucrative contract when the cap escalates in '22. He's banking on having a good year and if Ben stays healthy, he just might. It's not the worst signing, just sort of a head scratcher for me when they have so many other, more dire needs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think the sense in the signing comes from knowing that they could get it done. They weren't going to be able to sweet talk Bud's agent and Bud into a 2 million base salary with big incentives with their current cap situation. They weren't going to be able to score a top flight center since the going rate was still near 10+ to start with, same with ILB. What they could do was make a play for Juju as the wr market was so weak with guys doing 1 year deals that barely hit the vet minimum. The reality is that they couldn't address those needs with good FA players due to cap numbers. They did secure their top possession receiver for cheap and hopefully Matt Canada has a plan to put guys in the best position to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Steelers have always been delusional about what they think they can get in the draft. It's like trying to plan a Thanksgiving dinner by just shopping in Rite-Aid.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Not sure about the rules but it seems to be bad business except if you are in win now mode. The reduced cap made this the exception I guess. I suppose the same thing happens with back ended contracts and extensions without the formal voiding.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    True, but I believe it was comfort. That and he didn't get the big dough he wanted. Had better offers from other teams, the Eagles offered him a multi year deal no figures are to be found. He's doing his best Bell rope a dope. He might be on the short end of the stick as you said Blast although your friend disagrees :hehehe:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually Eagles didn’t offer him a contract or reach out to him. His agent called them. I agree that going to the Ravens wasn’t really an option with their scheme but KC was a very attractive destination and probably the odds on favorite to reach the SB.

His whole future contract is riding on Bens elbow and knees :beg:

At least the scheme should be more favorable, hopefully.

I might have to avoid my friend today, need a break :tequila:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't disagree with your optimism, but this offense isn't improving unless Ben does, their better prepared, they don't lead the NFL is drops, and I am sure others could add on to this. What you prescribe is definitely vital but I believe it may take a little more to get this O going full throttle. I am anxious to see what these new coaches will do as well because so far its just talk what they think they can do. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I can see both sides. WR was not necessarily a dire need, but still him being gone would be a loss. Even with just a one year signing and possibly losing Washington and him next year, they still have Dj and Chase to build with (not a bad foundation). Getting him back for the year does not build my optimism, but it does allow them to focus on the more present needs in the draft. That said, if there is a BPA wr there in the 4th it would not surprise me if they picked him, as fans we are so shortsighted, this re-rool/re-build thing is not going to be fixed in one draft.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    All very possible, maybe even likely.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Shows you how much they like JuJu.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t get too giggly here. It’s basically a 1 year contract.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    When Hines and AB got locked up long term..

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You realize that the pandemic has played more into the length and amount of his contract than ability or production right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Try reading my post again. You seem to have missed the point.

24. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Juju took less money to get a long term deal next year, like almost everyone else and the Steelers cap situation will be loaded for the first time in decades.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Kenny golladay got a long time deal worth 18.5 mill a year..