1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the best and worst moment of the 11-0 start?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Feb 3, 2021.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    (5-0) Steelers - 27 Vs. (5-0) Titans - 24 was the best of the 11-0 start in my opinion. A really exciting game from start to finish.

The week before with the Steelers crushing the Clowns 38-7 ironically was the worst moment when Devin Bush tore his ACL and was lost for the season. Spillane stepped in nicely for a bit but that was just the beginning of the tortuous injuries to this defense.

Let me know how you sum up the Best and worst of the 11-0 start.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know about worst, but the highlight of the season for me was Spillane smashing Henry. That was a huge collision and I loved every second of it. I love violence in sports.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If I remember correctly, This was the game right after Derrick Henry ( Vance McDonald'd ) somebody...It was all over the Networks...Then when Spillane lit him up, everyone was like " Whoa "!

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Worst moment for ne was losing Devin Bush. That absence of range and speed cost us dearly when facing power run teams. Robert Spillane did great but he could only do so much. Devin Bush Jr. is a special talent whether or not people like him at that position.

Given the fact that ACL injuries are no longer the career killers they once were, Devin Bush Jr should be on track to resume training by July at the earliest; just in time for Training Camp..... assuming it starts regularly in the first place.

Best moment, in my opinion, was the emergence of Chase Claypool. It has been a long time since the Steelers had an Offensive Weapon like Claypool that possessed such immeasurable potential. I cannot wait to see what he does for an encode presentation.

• Like Like x 6
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Worst moment was Thanksgiving Day move around of the Ravens game several times, then the Steelers barely beat a completely depleted Ravens squad, the wheels fell off the wagon offensively and outside of the 2nd half of the Colts game the offense never recovered or regrouped or got better

The injuries then caught up with the defense at the linebacker positions

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Best: Game 1 when I had so much optimism that we put together a damn good team and the sky was the limit.

Worst: Game 11 when I realized that this train was heading for a brick wall at any minute.

Still not over what happened to us last season - and I don't blame injuries as the main reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Great thread. The 11-0 run reinvigorated my interest in football. Between all the protesting, rule changes, locker room drama, and Covid, my interest in football was at an all time low. During the 11-0 run I got back to watching the games with youthful enthusiasm. Watching Steeler games again became an event. I almost felt like watching the games was a chore in 2019.

Favorite moment was the Browns beatdown. Steelers D hit Baker Mayfield at will in that game. It was awesome to watch.

Worst moment was the 2nd Ravens game. That was the beginning of the wheels falling off our season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree about the Titans game for the best moment. And for me, the bad moments began with the multiple reschedules of the Thanksgiving game. That was terrible, and things just went downhill after that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Best moment: that it happened

worst moment: that it proved to be a mirage

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Best moment: Beating the Ravens the first time. We played like garbage for a half of football, and still managed to come back and beat a rival who had gone 14-2 the year before (in their house). That was sweet, and I savored that win more than any of the others.

Worst moment: Whenever Ben lost the ability to step into his throws. The visible knee injury happened against the Cowboys, and I don't know if that was the moment that things got too bad for him to maintain proper throwing mechanics, or if it was something that exacerbated the injury later. Whenever it happened, that was the moment that our season went down the toilet. The injuries at LB were big as well, but having Ben lose his capability to throw anything further than 5-10 yards downfield with accuracy and zip was the biggest season killer IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The worst part of the 11-0 start was realizing before our first loss that we were not as good as the record showed. I think the Titans game and Cowboys game should have had us sitting at 9-2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Best moment beating the Ravens at their place
    Worst moment losing to Washington ending the 11-0 start, Dupree getting injured

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Best moment was cowboys fans near me getting increasingly quiet and angry with each passing week.

worst moment was realizing what was gonna come playoff time and it would all end.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Best: The Eagle win was nirvana for me. The 11-0 start had visions of sugarplums dancing in my head.

Worse: Finishing 12-4 (amazing record) and having to take **** from fans of the worse team in the worse division in the NFL after Browns whipped us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Injuries were a factor but the main culprit as usual was no other than TOMLIN

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    The best was starting to believe we were a different team that wouldn't play down to lesser competition and not choke down the stretch. The worst was realizing that we were still Tomlin's team that could win more regular season games than it lost, but nothing else. Thanks, Mike, for another season above .500 and looking like chumps down the stretch, when it counted.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Best moment was game 1 when Ben started after elbow surgery. Worse moment was the playoff game that knocked us out. Steelers were better than almost all predictions their whiny fanbase gave them credit for.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The game against the Browns was both the best and the worst moment. That was the one truly complete game the Steelers played. They dominated from start to finish and the defense looked absolutely special.

It was the worst because they lost Bush. I know other teams had injuries, too, but the losses of Bush and Dupree turned a truly special defense into one that was average at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Best was first half of Tits game, when we legit looked like the best team in the league.

Worst was the abysmal performance against the Ravens' B team. That was when everyone knew the needle was on E and the sputtering car was about to come to a full stop.

20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Best of the 11-0 was the Titan's game, we took the ball to start the game and didn't look back. Surprised how we kept Henry in check.

Worst game was the Washington game, that was not suppose to happen and we were outcoached and outplayed, things went down hill from there.

22. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Worst for me was Dupree going down. That spelled the end for real for the defense thus the team.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The best part was then going 1-5 after that run and getting biatch slapped by the brownies in the playoffs. Because it will hopefully lead to Tomlin's demise. So tired of that joke of a HC.