1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2021 Mock Drafts Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by 08SteelCurtain, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t know much about your 4th - 7th rounders, but if rounds 1 - 3 go the way you have it, I’ll probably be happy no matter who we take starting in the 4th. Getting those two guys from Bama’s O line would be really nice. Javonte Williams is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Latest simulation I've done.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Superflysteeler

Superflysteeler New Member

Feb 4, 2021
    A05FCC1F-8E11-42F7-A515-75C24B25280B.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Superflysteeler

Superflysteeler New Member

Feb 4, 2021
    This draft involved trading 1/2/3 picks for 12th pick round one. Instead of QB I picked LB that with Bush would be incredible. Super fast and if you look at all the other picks I still got great people to fill most holes in offense and defense.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really like Rb M. Carter. Dont think he last past the 3rd.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What if he makes it that far, and we don't draft him?

7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Both of the running backs from UNC are going to be decent players IMO. While Harris is impressive, it may be hard to pass on some talent at other positions when you still have some talented RBs later in the draft

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Micah Parsons goes in the top 10

9. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    if you take him in the first, that is having no brains. the kid is unproven...period. 1 season at the FCS level against very poor competion. why would you pay first round money for that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    All season long, seeing Gibson go off, I was thinking of you.
    Good call, I wish the Steelers could of grabbed him. Maybe that was our plan all along, but got foiled when Washington took him so early, thus we ended up with McFarland.
    Keep seeing Gainwell being compared to Gibson.

11. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Love Williams,I don't think he will last till middle of 2nd round...

12. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You just never know with RBs. They tend to be weird to predict. For the last few years its only been a guy here and there taken in the first round. It is really hard to predict where they will go, and I don't think as many teams as normal need one this year.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As much as I like him, they have bigger needs, can’t see them going defense in Rd 1 this draft but I certainly won’t cry if they pick him.

I think the first 3 rds will be some combination of QB/OL/RB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but if its Defense. I really won't complain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

One of two reactions then;

1.) Either the team has an Offensive Tackle rated higher than J.O.K (and one I likely will not agree with)

or

2.) Somehow, someway, J.O.K. does not fit into the Steelers Defensive Philosophy (something I will find VERY DIFFICULT to believe)

• Like Like x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Strongly disagree here.

Trey Lance is the best Big Ben succession plan not named Trevor Lawrence in the class for the Steelers. For that matter, Big Ben hailed from Miami of Ohio; not a Power Five School if I recall. Besides and again, Matt Canada's Offense with Trey Lance's abilities would be the most seamless transition for any QB in the class not named Lawrence. Trey Lance simply has the physical and athletic profile that any NFL Office would want to acquire. Had the FCS actually went on with a full season, Trey Lance is likely the second best overall prospect in the class.

A First Round Pick for a Franchise QB is something I would do 100 times out of 100; doubly so if he is within striking distance for Pittsburgh.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am not sure. Vince Williams is likely a cap casualty. Besides, if JOK really is there at pick 24, I do not foresee a scenario in which the Steelers do not pick him to pair with Devin Bush unless their guy at Offensive Tackle is. If not him, Dylan Moses, Jabril Cox or Barron Browning are the next best options.

20. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    i guess we will agree to disagree. do agree that if you have a chance at a franchise QB you do it, i just dont see this kid as being that. im from the area, and have seen this kid play a number of times, what stuck out is how much he didnt. with out the players around him, i think he was just average. did he have a great year statistics wise? absolutely; was it against quality compition? no...no it wasnt. wentz was (as much as i disliked the school he went to) a really solid player coming out of college. and that was because he was battle tested against much better compition in the FCS in those years. i know lance cant control that, but i think if stuck around for at least 1-2 more years, his devolpment would have a much greater scale to judge him on. time will tell, but i dont get overly facsinated with one player, or another. remember, most of these "experts" felt that manzel was the next G.O.A.T.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Manizel was swooned upon because of the season he had. If analysts were actually paying attention, they would realize that Manziel had far more problems on the field than off of it. Either way, you are correct.

Agree to disagree! :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Johnny Manziel was the 22nd pick in the draft, and if it wasn't for Cleveland, would not have gone in the first round. No one felt Manziel was the next GOAT.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know I didn't. It was all Mike Evan's and the team they had. Johnny M. would run around , sling the ball in2 triple coverage, and Evan's would go up and get it. LoL. People would say, Wow ,you see that throw. LoL. I'd just shake my head thinking, how do you watch this much football , and think that's a great throw. Reminded me when Andy Dalton would sling one in triple coverage 2 AJ Green . Green would go up and take it away from the triple coverage. People would say , wow, what a throw. :facepalm:

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    of course in those years Cleveland had like 30 picks in the first round. so why not? they drafted a qb every year didn't they? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would not bet against that, but some are predicting 5 QB's go in the top 10, which would mean some very good good players will drop. Myself I do not see that, but once a feeding frenzy starts some teams will invariably feel like they have to get their QB now, so you never know. As much as I like Parsons, no way would I trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up, with the depth this year if you pick right you could make a great start at solidifying the OL with 2 picks out of your first 4.

• Agree Agree x 2