1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Darnold

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Watson's a pimp. It was Darnold all along.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Watson is in a different category.

Based on what we have seen from Darnold thus far, I'm not sure he would be an upgrade over Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No freaking way on Darnold. I didn't want Watson, I really, really,really, and really don't want Darnold. Freaking turnover machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's what they said about Bell also. Man he's really tearing it up in KC. Sorry 2b a smart A$$ about it. :smiley1:

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I remember when Johnny Manziel beat Alabama. Didn't make him a great Qb

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I guess you guys can see ...I'm not a S . Darnold fan. LoL

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've brought this up before. Some people listen 2 talking heads 2 much. Gase was not R. Tannehills only coach. Hell when he was drafted they brought one of his college coaches in 2 speed up his transition. Didn't work. I understand you hear that alot. So you repeat it. In real life, his best year was under Gase ( who I don't like) . Until he went 2 Tennessee.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i want to see what mason can do under canada. probably not a popular thought but i saw some things in that browns game that looked encouraging. i would extend him, draft trask or jones (doubt he's there) let ben play it out this year. we have to build the line anyway no matter what qb we have. draft a RB. add to the defense. add another quick deonte johnson type. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    In fairness Bell joined an already stacked team mid season in KC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Not a big fan of Darnold, especially in the crap-fest of an offense we currently have. I feel sorry for anyone taking over for Ben this season, or for Ben if he stays. The organization couldn't/wouldn't fix the OL problems or even try to scheme away from our glaring weaknesses, except for crossing their fingers with a small-ball offense 80% through the air. Real creative.

And as far as Rudolph goes, we're worse than we were when Ben went down. I didn't see anything out of him that made me think he could lead this team, other than his hard head. I have no faith that he could step in with our pathetic OL and make any defense even concerned about him/us.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

first off AV won't be back, feiler won't be back and i'm pretty sure jc hasennauer won't be playing guard or center any time soon so we will not see the same line as last year no matter what. there will be changes made. last year was last year, it's not going to carry over into this season because we can't afford some of the players we had before. bud will be gone, hilton will be gone, sutton may be gone but we have 4 good starters in the defensive backfield returning. highsmith will be in year two. we have a good d-line. bush should be back. banner should be back on the o-line. dotson will be the LG this year. juju will probably not be here but we have 3 pretty good wrs. ebron will be here in year two of this offense. some will remain the same but much will change so everyone needs to quit griping about last year. it will look different. they need to keep adding pieces as we go. im sure they will. we have 8 draft picks to play with as well. the OC is gone. the line coach is gone. one of the secondary coaches is gone. the TE coach is gone and a new one is here. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It doesn't matter, the Steelers aren't trading for any of these QBs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Agree. It's the offseason. The Steelers aren't trading for Watson, or any other QB. But it's fun to talk about.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Some of us were talking about Darnold before the conversations about Watson and Stafford. I wouldn't give up a first-round pick for him, but I would certainly offer a three. I might even make it a two if they would send a four back with Darnold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    When's the last time the Steelers traded for a qb? If they trade, trade up next year in the draft. Use this year to prepare a solid cast to compliment a rookie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And sits at #3 on the depth chart

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    The only thing that is carrying over is the HC. There's my gripe. He's got a great record. Terrific. But it's regular season. If you can't win in the playoffs, what good does getting there do for you? IMO, nothing. If you can't make your team better as each season progresses, what good are you? If you can't see glaring weaknesses and do anything about them other than talk about them, what good are you?

I'm not complaining about last season. I'm complaining about us being the same team year after year, squandering opportunities and wealth of talent. I don't believe that changes until there's a change at the top. Just my opinion. I know others will disagree, and that's okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i get that and dont disagree about that part.:cool:

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And the Jets would hang up the phone, if that was your offer.

21. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He's in the wrong decade. If this was the 90s, he'd be a potential starter and worthy of a #1 pick in a trade. In today's league dominated by stellar QB play, he's like Nick Foles or Andy Dalton...a really good backup.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What do you think they are going to get for Darnold? They aren't getting a first-rounder for him given how he has played.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

I second this. I think it's time to give him reps with the first team offense. He's had ample time to learn the offense. If he can't do it now the steelers will know not to invest in him for a second contract otherwise we'll never know

24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think a third would be reasonable personally, maybe even make it conditional on hitting certain benchmarks. He has been awful at times, and has also been hurt quite a bit. He has a lot to prove.

People keep making excuses for him and I do have some sympathy for him and the situation he has been in with Gase but he has been a significant part of that problem himself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    He was pretty linear from Philbin to Gase, honestly, if you use QB rating as your guide. His TD to INT ratios bottomed out under Gase.

• Like Like x 1