1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin resume the last 10 years...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Looks like SDOT has 2 accounts.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My point exactly.

I do not think anyone saw the end of Ryan Shazier's career for one in 2017. Had he been available, I believe the 2017 AFC Divisional Game would have been different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

u figure he had 5 gimme wins every year for 10 years at least:hmm:, more really but 5x10=50 145-50=95, A 95-78-1 record , doesnt seem that impressive to me :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was really making more the point that coaches aren’t very successful if they have a bad QB.

But I don’t agree with diminishing Tomlins record, this is the NFL, wins are hard to come by. I have my criticisms of Tomlin but I don’t think he is a terrible coach by any means. Just that he has some faults that will be difficult to overcome to win a SB.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    And if we're honest about this, there were many fans who were not happy with the hire to begin with and have been beating the Fire Tomlin Drum since.
    They hide behind these keyboards and spew their BS.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Outside of Belichik and possibly Reid no coach has really stood out in the past 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Thats where I’m at with this S Show. This Rooney is the fraud and unfortunately there is no firing him....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Just in case you guys think the grass is greener on the other side....the link below is just an example that there is no real appreciation of good coaching if there is no SB to show for it... that's despite knowing what coaches have to deal with and knowing for a fact it's difficult as hell to win a SB. Absolutely everything has to go right....health of players, refereeing, luck, etc. Just know this ...for certain the day Tomlin is let go is the same day he gets 10 phone calls requesting an interview. I'm not saying Tomlin and the Steelers don't need a new start. I'm just saying.

Be careful of what you wish for...sometimes good coaches can be just as rare as good QBs. The Steelers have been very fortunate up to this point...that's not to say they couldn't become the next Jets.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/pa...s-score-more-than-26-points-just-once.443149/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Yeah I'm sure they were totally chanting Fire Tomlin after we won the Super Bowl. Give me a break.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    McDermot is definitely an up and comer.

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Please! .........The reason I, and some others are fed up with Tomlin is results!

He's taken,really not taken...very good teams IMO, and underachieved! Truly embarrassing losses that continue to mount...a constant, steady, downhill fall which again imo...Is really gonna get worse now with your HOF QB done, and the cap shot because you put all your eggs into win now ( last 5 years really ) and didn't win ****!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm thinking back ... and maybe we should've made Whisenhunt the head coach or even Arians. Tomlin articulated better in the interview, but he's still articulating the same old things with no proof in the pudding. He was a db coach prior to coming to Pittsburgh. Now, show me one db that he has drafted that is worthy of mentioning?. A coach like him ... need a great assistance staff. Good mentor but poor coach. He would receive many calls but with the same results or worse

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hate to say it but...But his diversity, and his unique ability to talk ( babble ) was probably the deciding factor in hiring him...

Which was great! Paving a way for minorities, which haven't gotten as many chances as others, Is obviously a great thing! Hence, the Rooney Rule!

NOW....With that being said, He should/ should have been...Fired! The severe underachieving, unpreparedness, and continual embarrassing losses SHOULD get you canned, no matter your skin color!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Quite frankly, the problem is we as Fans have a different perspective than the Rooneys as owners.

I'm sure they are disappointed in playoff losses just as much as we are, but they are driven by the mighty dollar. In a normal year, this playoff game would have been a sell out home game, and getting just one home playoff game is probably a big boost financially. They have a business to run and it's not always about making rash personnel decisions. They've proven to have one of the most stable winning teams over the past 50 years...... I'm sure they can look at the coaching carousel teams and say they definitely don't want to be like them.

As a fan, yes it sucks that they've only had 3 playoff wins in the past 10 years..... Tomlin is absolutely partly responsible for that mediocre performance. But look at it this way..... he lost Bud Dupree, along with several other starters..... not sure you can blame the coach for not having an ALL PRO backup. But to support your point..... that last game against Cleveland was an abomination and someone needs to get their a$$ reamed for that lack of preparation/execution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Art sucks - have said Blame Rooney for about 10 years now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    He's had two SB appearances and no losing seasons and I believe is only behind Belicheat in wins since he was hired. I would say he has done more then articulate. it's times when people say stuff on here that you have to question their football knowledge or IQ. I understand people don't like Tomlin, but don't make yourself look stupid and irrational trying to discredit him. I still think he has a long way to go with his decision making...some that shouldn't be as hard as he makes it, but it is what it is until another no-brainer as a coach pops up.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, they were chanting, "Cowhers players, Cowher players"

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Well played

19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You would have went with Whisenhunt?? How did that work out for the Titans? I'm glad you're not in the board room making hiring decisions and to this date Tomlin has been the better hire of the three and it's not even close. You should just cease from bringing up Tomlin or commenting on any posts where he is the subject. The bias is glaringly obvious.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    BA has done pretty well. Just sayin.:cool:

21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    He was 1-3 in playoff appearances prior to this year...you're saying he's done pretty well in the eye of other fan bases or the Steelers' fan base? Because based upon what I've read on here he would have lost his job after the second or third year. Overall he has done pretty good but if it was as the coach of the Steelers you would think he had a losing record every year.

22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Tomlin Resume the last 10 years.....

3 playoff wins.

With a franchise QB and immense talent all over.

Mike Tomlin has sucked for a decade.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Tomlin sucks!!!
    With all the talent we've had. Yes wins are a staple, but so is winning the superbowl. You don't win that, it don't mean a damn thing. Just ask the 18-1 patsies.

Bruce Arians 2 coach of the year awards.
    Tomlin ZERO!!! Just saying

If Tomlin was so great. You think he would've won one! Right? Although, Chuck Noll never won neither, which baffles me.

Tomlin was better with good coaches around him. You go to the steelers way of in house coaches and he's exposed.

We need a coach with balls and fire aka Cowher esque.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Another no brainier shows up? WTF does that mean? I never heard of Mike Tomlin before he was hired here.

25. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Tomlin doesn't do the basics. Got nothing to do with Cowher or the past or whatever. He doesn't fix ****. Big Ben's batted balls, every ****ing game, 2 or 3. Didn't try and fix that by opening up passing lanes. Players, especially on defense are constantly in the wrong positions. Especially in games that really matter. His teams consistently come out unprepared. Especially in big games against marginal QB;s. He doesn't challenge when he should, he challenges when he shouldn't. He loses 90% of them. He has zero feel for the game. ZERO.

Worse than all those is player development. There have been more Steelers busts in this last decade than any decade I can remember. Is it a coincidence? Maybe. However, being that he is so deficient in those other basic things, I'm not surprised the Steelers have had 4 major busts in the last 11 years in the first round. Hood, Jones, Burns and Edmunds.

Tomlin is that NBA team that keeps winning enough to get the 7th and 8th seed but everyone knows they will never win it all. He won 12 years ago. Ok, he is Super Bowl winning coach, however he almost blew that game in the 4th if Big Ben doesn't pull a Brady in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.