1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesse James

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 22, 2021.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Excellent nomenclature from the Writing Team Squad Leader. Love that word. :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Lol. I was going to comment on that as well. Forgot that word existed.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Guy in the next dorm room in college used to use it all the time, while stoned out of his gourd. I always thought it was a word he made up incorporating the term "doobie' in the middle of it. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Pass on Outlaw. He was respectable in his role while he was here, but this team needs to move on. 19 UFA's and we're talking about a back up TE. :facepalm:

5. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I grew up with a dude everyone called "Doobie". I am quite confident that he probably never even had a dance with Mary Jane. To this day, I don't know why we called him that, lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Reminds me of a cartoon, think Bugs used it :lolol:

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless you are comfortable going into next season with Gentry and Rader behind Ebron, it needs to be addressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Same.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think here is the reality. We are not going to be able to fix all of our holes this year....period. I am in the, there are only 2 TEs in this draft worth drafting. Two.

If we don't get one of those 2 then we are going to need someone. Is James a good fit? I don't know, but I think he is better than Gentry, who probably won't be on the roster next year. I think Radar has a better shot at the roster. Could we go with Ebron/James/Radar? Maybe. Am I happy with that group? Probably not, but the reality is McDonald was targeted 20 times on the year. 20. Compare there numbers....James had less catches but more yards.

Is he the blocker that McDonald is? No, but I think that is the role that Radar plays. You are targeting this guy basically once per game. We aren't replacing the starter, that is Ebron assuming he is back.

Look at the current roster and look at the current starters. Where are our biggest holes and it will help really set our needs.

The 11 on offense right now...(I am making 2 assumptions, Banner resigns and Pouncey retires)

Ben, Snell, Ebron, Johnson, Claypool, Washington, Chuks, Dotson, Hassenauer, Decastro, Banner.

The 11 on defense right now....(I'm making 1 assumption, Alualu gets resigned)

Heyward, Alualu, Tuitt, Watt, Bush, Williams, Highsmith, Nelson, Haden, Edmunds, Fitz

Look at those 22 starters....where are the biggest weaknesses. They are all on offense. Depth issues on D? Yes, but that starting group wins you games. The offense can't. Why? No matter how much talent you have in the receiving corp, the QB won't have consistent time to throw and they won't get enough push to actually run the ball. This line is WORSE than this past year.

James is a depth signing...nothing more, nothing less. He isn't the starter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Concise and accurate assessment. I'm alright with them looking for a back up TE, I just think there are better options out there, especially since they need a TE primarily in a blocking role. Besides, who is to say he wants to come back here anyway?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Isn't that what guys who leave for greener pastures do? LOL

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    -
    Yes...But Ebron is a lot faster lol

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Charles Jones and dax Raymond were also signed to our ps during last season. That's 5 and if we draft one, which I think we will making 6 to choose from. Plus watt as a fb. :cool:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ve never had as much faith in our PS guys as you do.

The beat writers don’t seem to think Gentry has progressed to where the Steelers would like him to be.

I’ll be shocked if they don’t bring someone else in, whether it be James or another player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You may be right where it concerns our coaches but I have infinitely more respect for KC than MT. Somehow it just seems KC gets us talent with our yearly cap crisis only to have it fu'd by Tomlin. KC is operating on some high plateau while MT is coming up from a subway station JMO

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  18. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I pretty much agree with you.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think with our money woes we may be forced into this situation for a year.:cool:

20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I have suggested going after Ertz a few times on here in recent weeks. I have zero confidence in Ebron, he will let you down when you need him, and his effort in blocking is often questionable at best. Ertz is good at everything and needs a new start.

He will have other suitors however, and Pittsburgh may not be an attractive spot right now for a guy like him, as much as we like to believe that it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    You can find someone better in the draft

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That would be a great signing, bet you’d get 3 good years from him. I wouldn’t read into his last season at all, dumpster fire.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody that is going to come in and start. They aren’t spending a pick on a TE in the first which is about the only way he’d get on the field right away.

24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He will probably end up in New England, they are desperate for a good TE and have lots of cap available

Steelers really should have drafted someone in recent years. There have been plenty of opportunities but they have virtually ignored the position

25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I'd love to see Ertz in black & gold, but I don't see it happening.

• Agree Agree x 1