1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pick up Haskins?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Dec 28, 2020.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Lol I don't give a **** what u think.. prty sure no one else does either....

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    It’s official Haskins is a steeler

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There's a lot of pages to this thread. Didn't read any of them, but if it's optimism about him maybe being our future starting QB, don't count on it. Not because he sucks or because he's an immature dick, but because he's never going to get a chance to show anyone what he can do. My guess is there won't be much of an off season or pre-season due to COVID, so there won't be an opportunity for him to show the coaches that he has something to offer.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This signing is a lottery ticket. Small risk with a tiny chance of a jackpot.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Cool selfie bro

7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm not sure that is fair. AB at 23 was in his second year with the team and just show that he could play in the league. At 23 AB wasn't crazy and he didn't really have a resume yet. The chances that he gets this fixed and becomes the guy that was looked at as a Number 1 pick for some team is very very small, but I don't thin they have invested anything into that at the moment than a chance to prove it contract. No real risk here. I just don't see it.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well we got another Qb better than L. Jackson. Oh I forgot....He's...got a MVP.....will be his only accomplishment. IMO

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Getting him with someone like Pep Hamilton though would be very intriguing indeed though!! Hamilton has worked with the likes of Andrew Luck and Justin Herbert. Haskins has the talent and ability to become something great. That said, his basics and fundamentals need more work than Canada's absurd Exchange Rates!! :puking 3:

11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Guessing that's mental, not trusting what he sees, because that was not a problem at Ohio State, and outside of McLaurin, they were not loaded at WR.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Franchise killing move if he isn't Mahomes, and I'm betting he's not. Already gave up too much for Bush, if they do that again and don't hit a grand slam, brutal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree to big a price to pay ..I think we need the OL,RB,TE and the OC and scheme in place first then go QB in 2022 or even 2023 ...We might get lucky and find a good QB in Mason,Haskins, or Dobbs..To many holes to give up draft picks if anything trade back and gain picks or even trade the 1st. for multiple picks in 2022...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    So who are they parting with Mason, Dobbs?

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben I hope.. Resign Dobbs 4 cheap his last interview he sounds smarter than most Coaches...Who knows if he will ever be able to match his Knowledge to his skill , but if he does he could be more than servicable...Either way you get some real knowledge in the QB room for cheap..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    I simply state a fact and you decide to be a <mod edit> Stay classy :)

We don’t even tolerate that from Steelers fans here.

His wasn’t the worst comment in the world.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Always Raven fan:thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dobbs is a free agent, Mason will be in the final year of his contract.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Looks like Stafford is on the move.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am think possible draft / negotiating capital? I could be wrong.

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Capital needs to have value. All 32 teams passed on picking him up on waivers, and all 32 teams passed on giving him anything more than a futures contract.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    True, but maybe some GM is thinking wow I have a young arm
    that needs an attitude adjustment, maybe he has some future?

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Sure, but if another GM felt that way they would have made some sort of offer that was better than our futures contract (which is the kind of contract that’s given to guys who are primarily expected to be camp fodder). Not one GM did that.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maybe...other Gms didn't have him as highly rated as ours did....when he was coming out. I really don't know much about him...besides his play at OSU....but be freaking great if he turns out 4 us.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    If Tomlin is reigning-in a troubled player, how would you know?
    You wouldn't hear anything about it.
    (For every bad story we hear, how many more would there be if Tomlin wasn't reigning them in?)

I'll give you an example (that some may disagree with): Antonio Brown.

If you remember, a fair number of fans were convinced that Ben must have drove away Brown, because they couldn't think of that many bad stories tied to AB.

Even after Ryan Clark said there were red flags from as early as his rookie year, it took some time before the consensus arrived that Brown became a nutcase who chose to leave for his own reasons.
    Coaches known for their discipline with players were unable to make it through the offseason (Gruden) or get more than one game out of him (Belichick).
    The Steelers got 9 years of quality play out of him. Maybe that was as much as possible, short of one less Burfict concussion or a brain transplant.

Tampa Bay has gotten half a season out of AB. But I believe thet Brady and Arians are catering to his wants (and not "reigning him in") until the Super Bowl is over. (Arians was OC for Brown's first two years, so how much blame does he get for how his player turned out?)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1