1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Love for Hines Ward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Jan 17, 2021.

1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hines Ward was the ultimate Steeler and appreciated by so many fans for his toughness. Also, you cannot deny he was fun to watch for his celebrations for moving the chains or touchdowns. He often mocked other players on the field such as T.O., Chad (Ocho Cinco) Johnson, Ray Lewis to name a few. He is definitely a celebrated Steeler fan favorite. However, now everyone is ridiculing JuJu Smith Schuster and Chase Claypool for being classless for their TikTok dances. They are young guys having fun and trying to show some swagger in the process. Give them a break, they haven't live streamed team meetings and placed their own agenda ahead of the team. Chase is still new to the organization, but JuJu is a Steeler through and through. I hope we are able to keep JuJu and he is a selfless team player and great for the organization.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I love juju and Hines is my all time single favorite Steeler. The question is : Is juju a Hines Ward or is juju an AB?

• Like Like x 1
  3. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I can see your point. I don't think JuJu is and AB. AB did everything he could to push his way of Pittsburgh, as he did with Oakland. As everyone believes now, NE was not on the trade list for the Steelers so he just caused a stir in Oakland just to be cut and sign with NE 24 hours later. JuJu has been clear he wants to come back to Pittsburgh. But, I think if he gets an opportunity in his outside receiver role he will be dangerous again. Word is, Browns may part ways with Beckham in the off season. I am fearful JuJu will be haunting us in a Browns uniform if he is let go.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I Think JuJu is just young and needs to mature, i dont think he is a selfish player at all.... its just todays society and kids in it, they dont mature as fast as other generations did ,IMO........No doubt i loved Hines, he was always fun to watch

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    BOO!

Comparing Hines Ward to these guys is ridiculous. Hines Ward was not known for his celebrations. He was known for being a damn good football player in all aspects of the game.

Some of you guys are trying so hard to defend JuJu, that you will point out almost anything.

"But, but, but....Joey Porter. But, but, but....Hines Ward."

But nothing. If you can't see the difference between a guy talking **** after a big hit, and a guy who performs choreographed dances on opponents logos, then subscribe to JuJus TikTok channel. Your exactly the type of fan he's looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My older family members (me included) always thought Ward was born in the wrong era. He would have been a good fit for the 70"s Steeler teams although not needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude....I agree, but I also disagree.....comparing him 2 Ward right now is way 2 early, but things are different in 2days world .....as much as I may not like it...it is. So I agree with you 2 a point.....of course....like I....I bet you could care less....LoL :shrug:
    Also ...I've never been 2 a tic tok or TikTok

• Like Like x 1
  8. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with you, this is a different world today. There was a brief time after Ward retired rules were implemented making the celebrations, trash talking (I'm sure it would have included TikTok dancing on the other team's logo) to be "unsportsmanlike conduct". Those rules were lifted to make football fun again. Now saying JuJu is "immature"? Maybe so, but I think all players at that age are a bit immature. Let's face it, they are not in the same work environment that most of us are after college. They have been in a locker room right out of high school and into college where there it is not a normal maturation process. So a 24 year old professional athlete versus a 24 year old working in an office is a world of difference in maturity. Ben Roethlisberger is more mature at 38 than he was at 24. He had made mistakes both on the field and off the field that he would not now. At least JuJu is making his mistakes in the stadium.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I also have never been on TikTok. I will agree with you that these are far different times than when Hines played.

The big difference between Hines and JuJu isn't just in play on the field. I think JuJu has the potential to be even better than Hines was.

The big difference is in what kind of man JuJu wants to become. Hines was a team first guy, that helped the young guys coming up learn what it meant to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. JuJu is acting like an entitled child, and his antics are affecting those around him.

When your teammates have to answer questions about you over and over again, it's time to look in the mirror and figure out why.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Just let him do whatever he wants. He shouldn't let football, or being a professional get in the way of him having fun.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, I see, it's societies fault. Plus, we're the only team with youth and swagger. It's MT undisciplined culture and leadership via buddy style. Pathetic role model is more at fault here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Juju is neither a Hines or AB. Hines and AB were bonefide #1's. Gave defensive coordinators nightmares

13. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Football is his job. Jobs have rules. Employers have reputations. When you do things against the rules of the employer or do something that puts the employer in a bad light, there are consequences. If there is a job description football player, it doubt it includes dancing and social media.