1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Firing" of Fitchner, Sarrett and Bradley = Tomlin is staying put

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Butler is getting extended. Fitchner, Sarrett and Bradley are the fall guys.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I knew Tomlin wasn't being fired the morning after that Cleveland melt down. Seems to be untouchable for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    again, if you dont understand why tomlin isnt going to be fired(ever) you have not been paying attention this last year. not saying he shouldnt be let go, im saying he will NEVER be let go. if he leaves, it is going to be his choice

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As it currently stands, Tomlin is under contract through 2021, with a 2022 joint option between the club and coach.

We all knew that Tomlin would be staying but I believe another meltdown will signal hopefully that ArtII will finally not renew him.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    was not fired !?
    hopefully get someone with experience

6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Patrick Mahomes..... " we need to play our best ball to beat the browns"

Juju and the steelers...... " the browns are a joke!" Hey everyone...check out my tic tok videos! "

This is the contrast between a well coached team and a team with no leadership or discipline. Do we really not understand why we can't win in the playoffs with a HOF QB and a top ranked defense? How Tomlin has a job is beyond me. crazy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020

Mind boggling how easy this message should be for a coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. blake duerden

Aug 6, 2017
    dolphins requesting to see Canada

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bradley? Hmmm.

was he heavily involved?

10. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    It's nice there in the summer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Tomlin must have polaroids of someone

12. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    DBs were actually pretty good this year -- I'd say a strength of the team, even. His firing further confirms these coaches were just taking the fall for Mr. Punt, Mike T.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Sarrett needed to go very badly. Fans calling for Randy seldom mentioned Sarrett, which was puzzling.

Was Tom Bradley really the problem :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought Bradley would take over the D when he first got here.
    Things weren’t going well then.

15. blake duerden

Aug 6, 2017
    do pederson,caldwell,or lynn have any ties?

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Steelers will panick and make him the Offinsive coach , knowing he will be cheaper than any other offinsive coach out there

17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    If Urban let's him run his style of offense, then I think he'd be fine but I'd be anticipating Urban's spread offense that made him a genius at Utah with Alex Smith as QB. I give Urban a year and a half before he has "heart issues," and quits.

I'd be ok with Canada running the offense here. His offense isn't a dinosaur by any means and features a ton of presnap eye candy. We saw glimpses of his wrinkles the first 6-7 weeks before RF/Ben abandoned them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    why is bradley still here

19. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You mean "these guys are JV, pad your stats" isn't a good message to send?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Urban is going to Jags though I thought.

21. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Urban is... I was assuming Canada would be Urban's OC.

EDIT... Mixed up Miami and Jacksonville... Worst part is I served in the Navy in Mayport and should've known the difference. Must get morning coffee.

22. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I am not excusing Tomlin from criticism, he deserves his fair share. I will say that these are also grown men who must be accountable for their own actions. To this end, you could ask KCs coach (Andy Reid) about managing players (ie Terrell Owens as an Eagle).

23. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Because our HOF quarterback is simply not that good anymore. Combined with a nonexistent running game, it’s clear why we can’t win.

And don’t be fooled by the 500 passing yards and 37 points scored. After giving up 21 points off of turnovers and 28 points total in the first quarter, it’s just garbage yardage and points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Unfortunately Tomlin will stay. We dont know why .. Oh yeah he is the winningest coach ever or something like that. When you drop games that badly you really need to hold the head coach accountable. Damn I want him gone so bad.

25. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    and the previous 10 years?

Thinking those stats just show that he's capable of making the passes and running the offense. Different coaching staff, game planning, and better preparation might also have helped w/ a better outcome? That wasn't a QB so old he couldn't make the throws or was physically unable to run the offense...that was a QB struggling to connect with his teammates, chasing balls snapped over his head, watching balls bounce of his WR's hands (AGAIN) into the opponents hands, running backs running into their own blockers, players running the wrong routes, .... I could go on all day. Point is that was 100% a team effort of failure. Sure Ben was part of it but if he was the only one making the mistakes he made we win that game.

How many times in a decade do we need to get blown out to underdogs and/or lose in the playoffs with a SB contending team to admit the team has a preparation problem? Mental errors are 100% a lack of preparation and discipline.