1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks for the Memories Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Jan 10, 2021.

1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This should be Ben's last game. This is too painful to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    on the hook for like 40 mil next season. No way he retires and doesnt take that. Plus we dont save anything by cutting him. We are gonna have him on the roster next year whether we want to or not.

Something has to be wrong with him though cuz the switch flipped after about 9-10 games and he hasnt been able to throw it. Maybe hes hurt? Idk. Either way, if hes on the roster next year then hes starting. We aren't going to pay him that much to ride pine.

3. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    It would've been nice to show up today ...wow do we stink

4. Kevin

Kevin Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Cut him. We will have to pay him either way. He will b a cancer. We need to suck so we can pick high enough to get his replacement. Would love to get Watson but we don’t even have enough trade capital to trade for him. Probably couldn’t fit him on the team because of our cap,issues anyway. Coming on some dark years.

5. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    pouncy didn't waste any time to spot them points ...damn dude!!!

6. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

They save 21 million on cap if they cut him. Can't give him 40 mil to.play n can't extend, but Art will

I remember when Steelers got rid of guys a year too early vs years, plural, too late

7. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Or vs. Jags 3 years ago, but we had enough talent, heart, n balls to come back n give themselves a shot

This team quit in 1st qtr

8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Maybe. I read if he retires next season he is only 22 mil against the cap, 41 mil if he plays.

Ben throwing off target in a playoff game is a bad sign. Aside from Ben, not many other players looked ready to play tonight. Seems like they have no energy, are slow too. Also disorganized.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That is on the coaching staff. I understand that the players can execute, but this same story happens too often for it to be on the players. Its coaching. simple.

10. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    If I had to guess, both Ben and Pouncey are retiring. They sat on the bench crying for a long time. They've both been here before. No way they react like that if that wasn't the end.

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I was pist, then I saw him on the bench, probably reflecting. The man gave his heart to this team, with both good and bad performances.

if it’s his last game, kinda sux it included 4 picks and no fans. The latter may be the only thing that brings him back one more year

12. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea it was tough to see that. He battled like hell tonight to get back in the game but it just wasn’t good enough. It’s hard to justify bringing him back and paying him 41 million dollars. I just can’t see that happening. And if Ben goes then Mike Tomlin needs too as well. You can’t start 11-0 and lose 5 of your last 6 games and get blown out by a team who was missing a lot of their good players and head coach is just unacceptable. It’s horrific that this season ended the way it did. Changes absolutely need to be made you can’t bring the same people back both coaches and players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    first things first. shouldnt we start from the top. head coach and work our way down from there to see whats gonna happen. he should be fired but he probably wont, tomlin will stick around then assistant coaches, fired but probably wont. then players.

14. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Kudos to Ben for trying to gut it out. A few inaccurate throws and bad luck had us behind the 8 ball. The initial snap had us in a hole. Why go shotgun on 1st down anyway? I personally would like to see him come back for 1 more ride while we groom a rookie QB.

15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    they are old.

16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It looks like his legs are shot. Can't even move in the pocket. If he comes back, he need better conditioning if that is even possible at this point in his career?