1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju might have cost us a draft pick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Dec 28, 2020.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If they could only execute on the field like they do on the dance floor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The players get tested all the time. They are breathing on each other during the game and on the sideline. The team just won the North after missing the post season the last two years. I don't believe a little celebration dance after the game was a big deal.

People want to overreact. Trash Juju, trash Tomlin, trash the other players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    How about JuJu just being a professional, and stopping the TikTok crap. In mid February JuJu can TikTok all he wants. Right now its causing a distraction.

To me this is very similar to when AB went on Facebook live from the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Be honest was this you?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...th-threats-over-sons-logo-dancing/ar-BB1cinFb

Juju is young man that likes to enjoy himself. He's not hurting anyone. People in this world are really pathetic.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The level of stupidity involved in this is so great that I’m hoping that maybe this is not the same situation as the Saints.

10 people cannot be so dumb as to make a Tiktok video and not realize it is going to bite them in the ass if they were doing something they shouldn’t be doing.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Then they shouldn't be playing football if they are really concerned about the players and spreading the virus.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Rules are rules and I agree they are STUPID. Especially when it comes to this Covid ridiculousness nature of the NFL. Just shut the whole NFL down if Roger is so afraid of spreading the disease. There is no way he can justify taking away draft picks with out looking like a tyrannical hypocrite by allowing the competition of the game in the first place. If he's nitpicking this then he has an axe to grind anyways for some other reasoning. It certainly can't be for player safety.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Just to get the straight:

Juju posts a silly video and we could lose a pick.

Ravens f**k up ours and others schedule due to not following protocols, and it’s a 250k fine as “first offenders”, even though their strength coach had flouted the rules all season?

We won’t lose a pick.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    He has danced on the Steelers logo though

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sorry Bro. I dont have JuJus Mom saved in my phone as a contact.

Heaven forbid someone should be prohibited from having fun. I prefer guys who have their fun trying to win a championship.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wait, it's okay if players do this nonsense in the end zone when they score or get an interception but, not in the locker room after the game?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Spare me. Sorry to say there are rules in this world, that seems to be too difficult a concept in todays society.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do you think the players would have a problem following the rules if their game checks were riding on it? I don't.
    Wearing a mask is just another rule they're required to follow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I look at it this way Blast, and I understand your concerns especially with the effect it is having on your livelihood it just a bit of civil disobedience after 11 months of lockdown. If these 10 end up on the Covid list and the team loses in the opening round it will be a very very expensive lesson for them. It is what it is and we are on to Cleveland.

15. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Spare you from what? This is about the common sense. The players get tested more than anyone in society. Players are more likely to catch it at home than in the facility after a game. Players get to breath on each other during the games but they can't have a few seconds of post game fun after a big win?

I think those of us are are using common sense should be spared from the overreaction being presented here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Sometimes players did things outside the rules. They were fined for their infractions or loss their jobs.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Stupid :facepalm:

Why couldn’t they do something like this outside?

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t matter what you think. People like you are the problem, you don’t like a rule and think you are special and it shouldn’t apply to you. TFB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Thread not locked yet? Surprising.:scratch:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Every single person in that video tested negative for COVID in how ever many tests the NFL administers. So its a bunch of people without COVID dancing. Who cares. And consider that had they engaged in the exact same conduct on the field, it makes ESPN. But because the conduct occurs right after the game in the locker room, it is prohibited? That is beyond stupid. Borderline imbecilic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    So the rules should have no relation to reason and rational thought? I understand your point that there is no reason not to follow the rules and by not following the rules the players can cost themselves and the team.
    But the rule is moronic and needs to be changed. Bad rules, like bad laws, need to be changed because bad rules, like bad laws, help no one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This. I think some of the rules are incredibly stupid regarding COVID, but if I don't follow them, I have to be prepared to accept the consequences. That's the way our society works, not just the NFL. The problem in this case is the repercussions are likely to affect the Steelers more than it will affect Juju. The Saints lost a 7th for the same thing. I don't see any scenario where we don't lose at least a 7th. It could even be a 6th or higher since the NFL can claim we saw what happened to the Saints and should have known better.

While I know it will never be made public, I hope Tomlin rips him a new *******. Just ban this social media **** in the stadium. You want to build your brand, do it on your own time

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not about the dance, it's about breaking the rules when the consequences will negatively affect the team. If I was to do something that affected my employer, you better believe they're going to come down on me hard. They don't care if the rules are stupid or not, if I harm them, then I'll be lucky to still have a job. Juju's actions have harmed the team.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t think this is a debate about Covid. The rules may be ridiculous, but they’re the rules.

25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Actually, his game winning TD really helped the team. Doing some little jig in a locker room with people he has been interacting with for several hours just got Roger miffed and stoked his ego slightly. How dare he. Funny thing is that if his boy toy Marsha did that it would all be swept under the rug. Guarantee it would.

• Agree Agree x 2