1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Conspiracy theory

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 27, 2020.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Could Steelers really be holding back for the playoffs? Or is that just overthinking it?

how does Ben go from looking like mason on a good day, to old school fat bearded busted up Ben on fire?

It doesn’t make sense

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dude I'm with you ... sup wit dat?

When asked, Ben said play calling wasn't at all different. It certainly looked like it was different to me though?

Did Ben just not want to throw someone under the bus? There always seems to be smoke and mirrors with answers from NFL coaches and players.

First and foremost, how often have we thrown deep to DJ? It seems like we always try to hit him on short throws. He can't mess up the route when he is just going in a straight line!!! Secondly the screens to Conner haven't been around in awhile, and the throws to JuJu at the LOS seemed to be a new wrinkle as well?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I ain't calling conspiracy theory but maybe a page out of BB's playbook. Our Oline can't be that damn bad against the run. Not a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Nfl network said BB was calling plays second half that weren't even in the game plan.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just saw this rumor

Randy needs to be fired immediately.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You would think Big Ben would have had the option to throw deep and over the middle more often in the previous games though? But he didn't?

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    all jokes aside, this is like the third time ive heard this year where word came out Ben started calling the plays and the steelers ended up killing it. If randy is gonna suck at his job, might be time to let ben just run the show. This rumor doesnt sound like a rumor anymore if you keep hearing it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I keep reading that Ben wasn't throwing deep because his elbow and/or knees don't work anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    In my experience, the exact opposite is usually true.

10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Let’s be honest, no one knows what the hell is going on with this team. The NFL “experts” don’t know, this forum doesn’t know and hell I don’t even think the coaches know. It almost seems that when Ben wants to flip the switch and turn it on it works when he don’t care the team doesn’t care. Plus how is your kicker injured as much as Boz? Also what hell was Tomlin doing at the end of the 1st half - he can’t be that stupid.

For long term success meaning playoffs, as many guys should sit next week as possible. Bring up the whole damn practice squad to play against the Brownies. Teams only hope is to be as healthy as possible, 2nd or 3rd seed doesn’t matter, get healthy. If we are healthy it shouldn’t matter who we play. All roads will lead to Arrowhead anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Something definitely going on imo. I think if we lost out we could have kept the Ravens out of playoffs. Then played Browns in 1st playoff game. Now if we don't win next week we might have to play Ravens. Which would be bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sure looked that way to me.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Years ago Bradshaw said in an interview that Swann or Stallworth would come back to the huddle and say forget the playbook I'm going down and turn left, I'll be open.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am in the " something is not right" camp that was causing our poor play. Week after week was horrible an not changing. Even the way the Colts game started I figured more of the same, dropped passes, 3 and outs, Defense giving up big plays, etc. Then we kicked off in the 2nd half, and as I was thinking about leaving the bar, things started to look different and oh so familiar with times long ago. I didn't know if I was just getting my hopes up for the big let down or what. Even in the 2nd half I was worried about the stupid penalties that were at the worst times but we worked through them. I had been thinking that Tomlin lost the locker room or some other personnel problem to have so many things go wrong for so long. The second half players were playing in a completely different manner then before One day, if it ever is determined, we'll find out what the hell happened at halftime, why now, and by whom. I'm not buying the "someone gave a speech" horse dung that made this happed because that would make this even worse in taking such a long time for someone to say something. Whatever it is, I hope its takes us a long ways from where we are right now. Onward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    We wuz duped...framed....trolled....and Ben fooled us all! (for now)

16. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    THIS is what happened, not some dumb conspiracy about not showing their hand. Ben is just protecting Randy when he talks to the press.

17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I remember feeling like everything had changed when the defense made that redzone stop. Tuitt got a sack and he went nuts. I was thinking where has this passion been?

Don't forget that had the Def not locked them down in the second half, a comeback wouldn't happen.

Though the defense's turnaround was nowhere near as shocking as the offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sure, but how many game plans are based on trailing by 17? I would expect that most teams throw the original game plan out the window when they get down big. I’m not defending the “dink and dunk all day” game planning, which I think sucks, but I don’t think scrapping a game plan is unusual for teams trailing big.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It actually works this way: When the Steelers lose, it’s because they stuck to their stupid game plan. When they win, Ben draws up plays in the dirt and valiantly improvises the victory.

Ben loves to promote this narrative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    I really don't get it. The Steelers looked like the worst team in football and I was thinking after watching the first half that it really was time for BB to hang it up. Then I watch the 2nd half and I'm thinking that BB may have a couple more quality years in his old bones. I can't explain why it took so long to change up the offense and go down field more. If BB was injured in the prior 3 games and healthy yesterday what was the excuse for the poor first half of play and calling all of the same plays that failed in the last 3 games.

I think that they were trying to protect BB knowing that the OL is struggling and the OC isn't good enough to put together an offensive package to work to their strengths. I think that they should give Matt Canada a shot at the OC position and let Fichtner go after the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Could be just a 'psyche' of realism, Ben may have found a bit of mojo from a rapidly emptying pit, I know sounds stupid but not the first time a guy with nothing left found just enough to shine one last time. Look back at Babe Ruth, last game he hit 3 HR's. Personally I think Ben has more in him and hope that half was just a new igniting for the stretch run.

While yesterday seemed the exception, really most of the season the O has played like this, either hot in the first half and trails off, or lousy and get hot for run in the 3rd, only for the D to hold on for the win.

22. Andy Russell

Andy Russell Active Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Great win but we should keep in mind how close we came to blowing it again. If Claypool hadn’t broken up that sure pick 6 in the 4th we would all be off the bandwagon still.

23. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe the steelers were using 5g network for the first time to communicate and something went wrong. Ben was hearing the jets play calling for the past 3 and a half games. After slamming his helmet a few times, he was beginning to hear Bruce Arians play calling in the 2nd half. :shock:

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Can we at least move onto Matt Canada already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll add a conspiracy:

We lost to the Bengals on purpose in hope their pick would drop and Jamarr Chase would not be reunited Joe Burrow. :lolol: