1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's Legacy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Dec 27, 2020.

1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben is better off to go out with an injury than to end his career with a display of diminished skills.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Thanks for everything Ben but your services are no longer required.. coach wants to see u bring your playbook

3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Haha... Ben is a problem.. but is still the best player on Offense... and it's not even close.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Without The Bus we are not in the SB, without a 103 yd. pick 6 by the now hatedJ.H.we do not win the SB,and your talking about Ben? His legacy is he had great physical skills that led him to play hero football ,not great or even real good football.The team carried Ben .Put a lot of the blame for that on MT.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    What? Steelers do not win 2 super bowls with out Ben. Get your head out of your ass. Mike Tomlin is the issue and the Steelers will never win a title as long as he is the coach. Put that in your bag.

• Hilarious x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    He is seen as a controversial figure because of legal issue in Georgia. He wasted another two championships with his idiot motorcycle accident and horrible ply against the Jaguars. Glad we had him but he should have had four total

7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
  8. pastorbob

Jan 2, 2012
    WE do not lose a SB without BEN and his playing hero football.

9. pastorbob

Jan 2, 2012
    WE need a qb who cares more about winning than getting all the glory. If Ben wants to be a real hero he will leave and take Tomlin with him.

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hahaha

Please continue this conversation.

HACK

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You forgot the Steelers won a ring with Mike Tomlin in the 2008 season? And went to another Super Bowl in the 2010 season? Lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This didn’t age well

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At least for a week, you should go ask for forgiveness

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Ben don't make that tackle against Indy after Bettis fumble we have 5 SB's.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    He George Seifert'd that Super Bowl. Good for him.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SMH

17. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No it did not, but I hope he continues his play from the 2nd half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Without a game winning tackle by Big Ben we're not in the SB. :nono:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Comparing him to Seifert or Barry Switzer is thought to be weak sauce in 2021 by many respected football people.

Who would you have wanted Russ Grimm? Wiz? Give me 3 alternates and why they would be superior.

I could not even google better candidates but I am here to learn and eager to hear about your replacements. Thanks!

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    There are always coaching candidates that are capable and possibly superior. How many heard of MT before he was hired? I know I didn't so stop with the 'give me names" bs.

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The best player on offense is one of the WRs that can't catch consistently.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Hack.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

You, I consider like a few others here, are one of my "Go-To" people on The Board. What I mean by that in a nut shell is a "Voice of Reason". The fickleness of some comes with "fandom". The back and forth from some here is just human nature. Win=Hurray! Loss=Doom & Gloom. You know how this goes.

Ben is one of the primary reasons why were are where we are this season. For those that need a brief, and current reminder, just re-run the film back to last season. I have been saying this all preseason, with Ben we are a totally different team, Super Bowl Contenders. Without him and say Mason is in there, then we most likely see a re-run of last season's movie. Not pretty.

Hey, I am pulling for Mason. He wears the B & G and therefore I am down with him. Maybe tomorrow he will show us something new and improved. I hope so for many different reasons. However, the most obvious being if he is the "future" of this team, and he has not progressed immensely from last season, then going forward things are not looking good for our Steelers.

I like Mason. Very much so. However, up to this point, he has not showcased the ability to be "That Guy" for this team. Whether its is for a small time need or a longer stint.

Some do not realize, or have lost sight of, or are just completely "blind" that during our "skid" it was the receivers dropping the ball that was the primary cause for those losses. Not Ben. End of story. Unlike some here, more like many, I tend to believe what Ben says. Recently in the media, Ben stated that his arm and knee are not a problem. I can only go by what he says. Of course actions speak louder than words. I think the action spoke loud and clear in the second half of the last game. He looked GREAT! The receivers looked GREAT!. Ben was putting the ball right on spot and the Receivers were making some very timely and extremely athletic catches. What a "Dime Turn" as I have been talking about here lately.

Bottom line as I wrap this up. I for one am extremely grateful that Ben is still our guy behind the wheel. I have been a fan for nearly fifty years. Maybe the issue with some here is that they do not realize what we have with Ben Roethlisberger as "our guy". Again, if a reminder is needed for some, just re-wind the film back to last season. If that does not bring some things into crystal clear view then I do not know what will. Ben is the primary leader on this team. There are others but Ben is the main cog of the Pittsburgh Steelers' machine.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Hey STEELWINDS

Ben with time was a different beast. Glad to see him dig deep for that old form.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I've given names plenty of times. They're always met with road blocks.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Say Tomlin is hit by the bus. Who would you like in 2021?

I usually don't watch college football but a quick internet search has me interested in Iowa State today. Just to see Matt Campbell in action.