1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is addressing the issue

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Dec 22, 2020.

1. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Apparently MT goes not run a tight ship. This is the 3rd time he has had trouble with a player(s). If he can’t handle this then Mr. Rooney should step in and pull Tomlin aside. Seems everything pertaining to this team is going to hell fast. Always a issue.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Noll didn't run a tight ship. He had tight players that helped the lost ones.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Hey man. That poster gives me the chills. If you dont mind me asking..is that a limited edition kind a thing? I gotta have it for my man cave. lol

4. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    That is funny you mention that because my mother would hide me but my wifes mother would give her up in no time saying she is mentally ill and needs help.

From what I remember with Ray Lewis... it was originally Ray Lewis's friends covering for Ray but it was actually vise versa.

Im not proud of this but I was asked to rat out some people at work and I just couldnt do it. The worst part about it that as being a manager I then became liable for not coming forth with the info.

The GM let it squash before Human Resources got involved and I got some respect from the guys for giving up who did what but I now try to stay away from drama.

5. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    All we can do is theorize things but as far as I can tell the current Rooney appears to be passive aggressive and hands off but I still feel Tomlin does not have 100% control like a Belicheat.

I mean he was a Tamba two guy who inherited coach Lebeaus 3-4 scheme.

I never heard Tomlin publicly dodge blame and take 100% accountability but of course I could be wrong.

From the little that I know about Big Ben is that he is a Diva since his high school days.

I know someone who was from his hometown and I know a girl bartender who use to see the Wild Ben days.

My whole point is I think Ben has a lot of say in how his chemistry will be with players and coaches.

I a spoiled rotten Steeler junky fan and I cant poop on Ben for the years of fun he has given me though ..

I am older so I dont know how I would manage a JuJu or Big Ben to be honest.

In my company...we still get the senior mill operators having so much pull that they go directly to the owner and skip everyone in between and the owners listen because they dont want a union.

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. It should be good enough res. to print out a good 8x10.

7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Leaders have to show a work ethic, set an example to follow, and back their words up with actions.

8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Heyward is one of the modern day "I lead by example" leaders, which means it's too uncomfortable for him to confront someone on a man to man basis.

It is what it is. We're reaping the "benefits" of the Self Esteem/Feelings First Generation.

9. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Sweet! Im an idiot..but how do you PM here?

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I just sent you a pm. Just respond back.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He must have told juju, Santa is watching. Obviously.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Expecting players to be leaders in Tomlin's organization is like expecting children to be the bread winner in a household where the parents don't teach responsibility or work ethic.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I doubt very seriously if you researched this to find that count!

It has to be way higher than that.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Remember, 37 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.