1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who’s kidding who

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bettissb40, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If Ben is not hurt and these are his real skills, easy decision to cut him in March, or persuade him to retire.

If he *is* hurt, easy decision to cut Rudolph in March.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    And who is to blame for that?

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Then who should be held accountable? Ben? RF? The Head Coach who is being paid to put the most competitive players (and game plan) on the field each week and having backups prepared for next man up? K Colbert, who has given this team enough talent to go the distance? The entire OL unit who are failing but are still in the games because someone keeps playing them or hasn't developed backups, (same with WR's who can't catch)? Who is charge of this offensive debacle? Just read an article saying MT will not be making "sweeping" changes to how we'll approach the game. Can anyone explain why you wouldn't do something different that hasn't worked for so long? I don't know about anyone else but this is the lack of intellectual leadership that is so frustrating. Einstein's definition of insanity comet to mind. Lets just keep blaming the players and RF who all work for someone who will remain protectively nameless. I can't see how any NFL HC gets fired since its the coordinators or players fault that their team doesn't win. Sorry for the rant but after reading that article about MT not changing anything, I just lost more hope that things might improve. Next its 10-4 Indy with the same plan.

4. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    NOLL BENCHED bRADSHAW THE SEASON FOLLOWING OUR 1ST sb WIN,BUT THEN AGAIN GUESS nOLL WAS NOT THE COACHING GENIUS tOMLIN IS/

• Like Like x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That money is spent (as someone else stated). I think Ben is due 15 mil$ by march 2021 if he's not cut, which I'd imagine Ben would like to collect.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think the Steelers are going to be as anxious to release Ben as they were with Hines and Troy. (unless Ben is seriously injured or becomes seriously injured).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Who made who? Who made you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    What if he fails the preseason physical...?
    ;)

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The GM :shrug:

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    ALL RIGHT EVERYONE CALM DOWN HERE!

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I would qualify that as seriously injured.
    If he '';)fails;)'' the physical, there's too much money on the line for Ben not to dispute it.
    I think Ben's 2021 season is up to him. Even if a serviceable QB fell into the Steelers lap somehow, I think he'd stick around, as long as he feels he can still play. (and for the extra 15mil$)
    Their going to have to cart him off the field before he opts out. (imo)