1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I Don't know what to think

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    It's how they got Ben.....I mean a team can always get lucky and find a Brady in round 6 but that is rare.

2. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    excuses are like a-holes....and everyone has one, even the steelers

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This! Absolutely this. People want to defend JuJu because he is likeable, I get that. But JuJu is wrong. I don't give a damn about his brand or his being cute and nice and whatever. Just catch the damn ball and stop disrespecting other teams for your own selfish means. It's even more ridiculous when your offense has stunk out the joint for the last five out of six games.

And this is part of Tomlin's job, too. It shouldn't be up to a teammate to tell him to knock it off, it's Tomlin's team, not JuJu's. Tell him to build his brand on his own time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Was thinking this earlier. Imagine going 11-0 thinking super bowl then they lose 3 straight and now they are just a vegetable on life support... with no draft to look forward to haha

5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The ugly truth is, the failures of this organization start with the owner, go through the head coach, and down to bad coordinators. Mix in an injured defense, add some aging offensive players, and you get a team that collapses. It's been clear for two months but folks didn't see it, or just didn't want to admit it. This team has not been a real contender for a while and will not be without major changes. If they do minor tinkering with this roster, and roll it out again, they will battle Cincy for the basement next season.

Honestly, I'd punt 2021. I'd let go, one way or the other, Ben, Pouncey, Bud, Juju, Conner, AV, and anyone else that can not be effective in 2022. Eat all the cap damage at once and start a mini rebuild. Sign Watt and Minkah, Find a real OC, draft OL extremely heavy, and figure out who the next QB is. TE and RB need better players too. Depth to the D. We'd have a high pick in 2022 and money to spend. I might look for our Tannehill - someone like Wentz or Darnold or maybe make a move up in the draft.

I would have fired Tomlin after the Jax disaster but Art II is a coward so we have to completely surround Mike with talented players and coaches. We could be a great Defense/run oriented team but not with some of these key players. Ben was amazing - all the love to him - but it's over.

6. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    It’s never really gone away. No discipline!!

7. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    ben does not feel to think practice matter.......what?!!! practice? we are talking bout practice not a game.... practice!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Yes...I mean it's not like he's touching the qb any other way. Yes, I'm missing Dupree. This team has just entered into worst case scenario.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    C'mon man. We do not fold and punt.
    We were just late switching QBs, and wanted to give Ben one last shot. There's still playoffs left, and a chance.

10. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Can't have that without this:

jimmora.jpg

11. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Agreed. It speaks volumes of the character and heart of the players doing it and the coach who let's it happen. You got to have a drive to win and whether you show it or not the losses should bother you and inspire whatever changes needed to correct the course if winning is in fact your main objective. Sometimes I just get a sense these younger players main goal isn't winning a superbowl but just glorifying themselves In any way they can. Will be interested to see what happens now that the last "easy" game on their schedule has been played. We will definitely see where the rubber meets the road against 2 hot playoff ready teams in the last 2 weeks.

12. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Randy Fichtner has to go. Where's the creativity? How is a better game called for a 3rd string QB than a 38 yr old 17 yr pro?? His offense, once defenses figure out what he's doing, is only good for 17 pts and it doesn't matter who's at the helm. He needs a mobile qb to compensate for his atrocious, bland, play calling and the Steelers don't have one so he has to go. He absolutely has to go.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bull hockey

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    3 years in a row that I feel that build up tingly feeling only to get kicked in the nuts at the highest point lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's on Tomlin, 100%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I understand the frustration, but a playoff berth is still there. They have to try. Beyond this year though, all bets are off. You are right, I don't think this is a quick turnaround. There's some young talent on both sides of the ball, but they really have to jettison some aging vets and barely useful players. I'm with you, it has to start this off season.

17. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well said. Look, no one is saying Smith-Schuster isn't playing hard. But, do you think Belicheck would have put up with his BS? I maybe would have liked to see them re-sign him, but the bloom is off the rose for me. He can just head on down the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Steelers are Nuthin but Garbage....11-0 was our Cup of Coffee in the Big Time.

We should have called run plays, but I saw the lust in Ben's Eyes to throw the ball!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Colts fan here Buckner is dealing with ankle injury so he'll probably play limited snaps. Kemeko turay is rounding into shape. The game may be decided on turnovers

20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey TGH.

I am posting to you because you are about the only one I can find here after this game that seems to have any sense of positivity going forward. Honestly, I cannot blame most here for their frustration. Given that, I see no purpose in trying to point out something positive to them at this moment.

I have been at this fandom thing for over forty years. Sure the loss upsets me. However, I am not surprised either. This is what I was talking about with that "Dime Turn" thread I posted a little more than a week ago. I still think that the Steelers get it together. This recent meltdown is what the majority of the media wanted. Also, from what I gather from some here, in a weird way, it seems that this skid is what they wanted also; subconsciously anyway. Human behavior is funny. How quickly we shift from one emotional stance to another. If we win the next game, and convincingly, watch how the majority posting here after this game change their tune. It is human nature. For me, I am remaining optimistic. Like you stated:

"There's still playoffs left, and a chance."

The 11-0 start counts for something. We are in the playoffs. Most likely the #1 seed is gone. Okay, moving on. Take the next two weeks to figure this stuff out. If Tomlin and company are worth their salt, then they will. I still believe in Ben. We have way too much talent on the Offense. Get back Williams and Spillane. Sure the losses of Bush and Dupree are huge but not insurmountable. We were doing well with the Spillane/Bush situation. Now that leaves two issues to be rectified. 1. Get the Offense back on track. 2. Make the Highsmith/Dupree thing work. That is the way that I see things and am moving forward.

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  21. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    We lost, I still had fun tonight, happy holidays all.

Go Steelers!!!!

Go Raptors!!!!