1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Conner tests positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Covid is running rampant here in Allegheny county, stay safe people/ Listen to the Drs.& scientists.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am glad you made it through. If I may ask, what is your age and what was your overall health like before Covid? My wife and I are 54 and 58 and we tested positive a few weeks ago. I may have contacted it through going to a bar to watch the Steelers. I was wearing a mask, except to eat. The biggest thing I am noticing, Covid makes whatever underlying health issues I have more acute. It also makes me tired, probably from my immune system fighting it. Godspeed.

3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I have known about 10-15 people who have had it and none of them got seriously sick and said it was no worse then having a bad flu for 2-3 days. None of them were hospitalized or came even remotely close to dying or experiencing death and all are completely fine as we currently sit here today. Not saying that this virus is not real and you don’t have to take it seriously because we do but it seems like it has more of an impact on older individuals and people with underlying health conditions more so then people that are completely healthy have no underlying health concerns.

I just don’t like how the media and a lot of other people make it out to be if you get it or if there are a certain amount of cases that happen in one county or wherever that you are doomed and are going to die. That’s not the case at all. The survival rate of this virus is still very very high and the death rates even though the cases have gone up recently are still way way down.

To step away from football for a minute to continue to have all these businesses and schools closed for as long as we have had in these last few months is absurd in my opinion for a virus with over a 99 percent survival rate. That in itself is causing more damage then the actual virus itself and it needs to stop at some point.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Hard call to make....

Everyone’s body responds different to sickness. A lot of people have lost family over this virus . So I try to keep an open perspective....

Hard times for many of ppl....♥️

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Happy for you. (even if you are a Colt fan;+))

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Colts fan? Lol

7. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    34 was in good health

8. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Lol

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Thank you for sharing.

Here is an interesting tidbit. Two family friends of ours recently went through this. Our friend who is a healthy male in his early 50s got the virus from his Mother whom he helps care for and is in her 80's. His Mother has a whole slew of health problems, which is why he and his sisters assist in her care. The Mother ended up with only very minor symptoms and was feeling completely better within a few days. The man, who again is in great health, had a situation very similar to what @rpgczar described. It started with what seemed to be a minor illness. Then, he lost his sense of taste and smell. It only got worse for him from there. He had a couple of stints in the hospital with difficulty breathing. The whole thing ended up lasting a month.

My point in sharing this is, who knows?:shrug: Some will get this virus and not even get sick. Others will get it and die. You really don't know which category you fall in until you catch the virus.

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I never heard how the follow up test went for Conner?

Every report said that Conner was going to have a follow up test to confirm his original test results on Saturday.

11. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I am sincerely sorry for this but thank you for providing some real life insight. I hope that you are, or will shortly be over all the effects of this virus. As another poster wrote, hopefully your experience will cause some reader to take the virus seriously. Thank you again