1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

God....I wish this wasn't true!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I am concerned with being able to cover Kelce. He owned the Raiders last night made them his Bit@h , he was open whenever he needed to be.

If we can somehow contain him I am not worried about what Bell might do.

Timely takeaways by our defense is the magic carpet we hope to ride to #7.

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm much more worried about our defense vs. their offense. And that isn't an indictment of our defense, just that Mahomes and his weapons are probably the best offense of the modern era.

And yeah, we have time for Tomlin to cook up something in his lab with a running flavor. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

And finally, Lev Bell is a cheap knockoff of his former self. He doesn't have the speed he once did or the burst. What made him so good was his patience and burst. He had the ability to wait for a hole, get skinny, and burst through it. Now he waits for a hole, gets the same size as the hole, and sputters into a quickly filling gap for no gain. The dude shouldn't scare anyone.

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Titans were pretty good in ‘08 and never made it to the title game. Same with the Ravens last year. Same with Steelers in ‘17. Lots of football left to be played. Just go 1-0 this week.

4. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    KC/Mahomes is the best team right now. If it comes down to a Pittsburgh-KC matchup, then KC will have the advantage. However, I am hopeful Steelers D can have their best game of the year, get to Mahomes, and limit the damage. The Steelers offense might do well against KC defense. If they can sustain long drives to keep Mahomes off the field, they have a chance. Of course, first thing is to make it to the playoffs and then take it one game at a time.

AFC>NFC, but Tampa Bay is loaded with talent: AB, Godwin, Evans, Fournette, Gronk and a good defense. If they didn’t have an overrated, aging QB, then they might win it all. They still might go deep in the playoffs despite their liability at the QB position (did you see the 5 interceptions on Monday night).

5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    This is the best Steeler team we have fielded in many years. We should try to enjoy the season and hope for the best.

We have a real chance to win it all, not just a token playoff appearance this time around.

No other team in the NFL seems to be on a hell bent mission to win it all. The door is wide open.

6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    If Ben goes down we are screwed no matter who is our offensive coordinator. Get rid of Fichtner and that does nothing to alter that dynamic.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's not just Ben that likes having Finchtner around. Tomlin and him go way back, so there's no way he'll ever fire the guy unless management forces him to.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    @Stone

I think you are getting carried away with the what ifs. Ben going down pretty much would have killed our season, in any season since he had been here. Even if we had Charlie Batch on the roster he would not carry this team to the Super Bowl if Ben were to go down.

I am not as down on Fichtner as others. There are not many corridinaters in the league that would win with Rudolph or Hodges.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    True
    ]

10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Without a doubt, this is the best 10-0 team we’ve ever had

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't know, it's like the chicken and egg thing. Is MR terrible because he has no skill or is he terrible because of Fitchner?

Living in the Cleveland area I have seen the Browns draft a dozen or so guys who were great in college and a bust when they came to the Browns. I tend to look for the common denominator and in our case that is Fitchner. MR sucks under him, our running game sucks under him, our play calling is always questionable under him, Ben has to design plays on the fly because of him, Ben has to call timeout because of the goofy plays being sent in, if Ben isn't there to audible out of his plays our offense is poor.......it all points to Fitchner.

12. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    KC gets a pass from fans and media alike because they apparently have a quarterback who is so good that he overcomes everything else that occurs on a football field. Is Mahomes great? Sure, but I’ll take the sum of the Steelers quarterback, team and coaches over KC’s quarterback, team and coaches