1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

For years we've let 'them' dominate this site with 'Doom and Gloom'.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dreamman0, Nov 22, 2020.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well he’s on my ignore list so I don’t have to deal with him.
    It’s just annoying with some of these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes. Some people will never be happy. They have an endless pool of nits to pick. But how does that take away from your enjoyment? Laugh and move on.

But there is nothing superior about blind fanaticism. "Our team is always the best and flawless and anyone who doesn't think like that isn't a real fan."

:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I just had a vision of him pacing and mumbling, ala "Rainman". "Course, course we're gonna lose........"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like I said for my I have no problem with constructive criticism or healthy debate, but we all know that’s not what’s going on with a handful of people here. It’s either trolling, deliberate agitation or just some flat out miserable people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Triggered

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes. The opposite can be equally annoying at times. ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Let’s just meet in the middle Ray and say I’m right?
    Lol. Just kidding. It’s all good for me. I was just saying I get where the OP is coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Maybe equally annoying but sadly not equally represented. Steelers are the greatest ever and will 4ever be. Only team better than this years Steelers is next years Steelers!

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That is the 64 million dollar question!:thumbs_up: I don't know if this is true of @SteelerGlenn, or of anyone else in particular, but I think the people who's mind isn't built for detailed discussion feel left out of those conversations and therefore try to quell them. To them it's like being in a conversation about the Steelers and some dickhead takes it to quantum physics.:huh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You keep trying to sell that theory, but in my case you’re missing the point. For my it’s like talking bad about my Mom. I love the Steelers and it bugs me when someone is constantly talking bad about them. Especially when it’s someone who is supposed to be a fan of the Steelers.
    We’re in this internet era where some fans think it makes them realists or smarter to be overly critical of their favorite team because anyone that cheers their team on is a homer.

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think the fact that you correlate a football team to your mom is disturbing but we needn't go there. It's football, not life!

I think the fact that you see open discussion about a weakness, or something that simply needs work, as being overly critical is the heart of this discussion. I don't see anyone criticizing you for how "you" love and support the Steelers, I just see you, and others, criticizing those who do it it different than you.

I have no problem even if you are 100% homer and don't even have a clue who plays for the Steelers, not that this applies to you, just an example, so why do you get all wonky when someone does it different than you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers are awesome, I've said so since the late 70s, and anyone who truly loves them will still want them to improve in areas that they have weaknesses (recognizing that is not putting the team down) BECAUSE they love them. It's not hard to understand.

And I said it last week, but yeah, the overly critical, constant doom and gloom posts ARE a little ridiculous, but so are posts like this that reek of elitism and attempts to judge someone else being a fan. Being judgmental and calling someone out and saying they aren't a fan doesn't make you superior or right, it makes you an arrogant jerk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Fans will be fans in their own way. Let it be. No one is forced to be on this board. In other more important news, great win. On to the Rats for an epic showdown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you were a "real fan you would understand this. Before you get all bent that was a joke. I take my fandom seriously though if that's weird I'm ok with that.

I have zero problem with "open discussion" If you notice the handful of members here that I have issues with they're all over the top critical/negative.

There's thousands of members here and I only get "wonky" with a handful that are over the top critical/negative.

15. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't sweat it. I predict we will go 16-0 every year hoping to eventually be right.

• Like Like x 2
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Perhaps the more apt cut from that incredible vinyl would be.........

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    This is what you're missing. And I am supremely qualified to state this because I am at, or very near, the top of your list. My criticisms, and many many others' criticisms, are NOT talking bad about the Steelers. I've lived more years as a Steeler fan than I have left. My window of opportunity is closing. So when I see things that I feel are obstacles to grabbing another ring before I kick the bucket, I obsess over them.

I want those obstacles removed. And when they aren't...when they are simply left in front of us year after year, I get pissy. Tomlin has been an obstacle up until this season, in my negative opinion. And now that we're closer to being a legit champion than we have been in years, the deficiencies worry me. And these deficiencies that I keep complaining about have been deficiencies that I've seen for a season and a half. I'm worried that they have not been addressed properly to this point and as such, might keep us from taking advantage of the opportunity in front of us this season.

You see? I'm not talking bad about my team. About YOUR team. I want the very best for them. You have to understand that I love the Steelers so much, that I want them to succeed even though it would make you happy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    We’re All Fans, period.

20. D0bre Shunka

Jan 24, 2012

Yeah, it’s kind of like my saying with my family and friends for years now.
    Everyone loves and agrees with me as long as I agree with them!
    I don’t think they get what I’m saying though. Oh well....

21. D0bre Shunka

Jan 24, 2012

I’m kind of leaning to if you disagree, then you’re disagreeable.

but hey, what do I know?

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hit the nail on the head... It's called " differing opinions "...Chill!

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's like the people a number of years ago who believed that they deserved to own their own home just cause others did. And a long came a president who fixed that for them.

Stone
    This message by Stone has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 4
  24. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Well not grammar. But otherwise accurate. It's kind of what disagreeable means.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I played a major role in inspiring this thread. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1