1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jags pregame

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 17, 2020.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will get a little nervous if I see Mike Glennon run onto the field. That guy beat us twice when we were favored, in Tampa and Chicago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Mike Glennon plays for the Jaguars?!?!?! You have got to be f**king kidding me.

WE ARE DOOMED if he plays. Glennon is a proven Steeler Killer.... more fatal than Brady.

9-1 if Luton gets benched and Glennon plays.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    @HeinzMustard living in the fears of his own shadow. You go Heinz.

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Mock me all you want. Steelers D will fold like a cheap tent vs. Glennon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If you review the games the Steelers lost with Glennon at QB, in the TB game the Steelers had 125 yards in penalties. In the Chicago game the defense gave up 222 yards rushing. Yes, Glennon was the QB and he did lead a winning drives to win games, but overall he was a game manager. The Steelers defense was subpar during those seasons. Glennon does have the Brady-like mystic when playing the Steelers. How come Glennon isn't playing before Luten?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    If the Jags are smart... they start Glennon. He's got mojo vs. the Steelers.... even with an improved Steelers D, I don't think it matters. I have PTSD from Glennon's beat downs of the Steelers with Tampa Bay and Chicago.... along with Raiders wins over the Steelers during the Tomlin era. Totally inexcusable losses that cost us playoff seeding.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Jake “Lunacy” Luton era, the new Minshew Mania.

I’ve watched both his starts, he’s got a good arm and throws a nice ball, if they let him sit in the pocket like Gilbert or whoever that was for Dallas, he’ll hurt us. If you pressure him though, get him off his spot, not so good. So hopefully Butler will be dialing up a lot of blitzes. Have to watch out for Robinson, can do a lot of damage, especially how susceptible to the run we have been lately.

I think Chark will get a long TD, too but otherwise be kept in check, much like AJ Browns game against us.

Get your antacids ready, I think we are in for a fight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think Luton has a stronger arm then our backup QB's, we do need to pressure him. I am worried about the running game, but like we said earlier, we need to score at least 24 to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think I just had an aneurysm remembering that defeat to the Buccaneers.

12. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    History with the Jags would suggest you're right.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, I saw a quote from Ben where he says they have had the Steelers number.

This team keeps finding ways to win though so hopefully even if they struggle Sunday, they still come out on top.

14. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I think we need to focus on not hurting Jake Luton. If Mike Glennon comes in with his history against us paired with the Jags, we're doomed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you can find a transcript or podcast of Lolley and Williamsons show yesterday afternoon on SNR the conversation they had with Bob Labriola is just awesome to listen to from the trap game to the Steelers struggles with Jacksonville to Coughlin building his teams to beat the Steelers the same way Cowher did to beat the Oilers. Just a great show to listen to especially if you remember those games where Brunell and company gave the Steelers fits

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    So play patty cake with the O line?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Yeah, the history is not so hot.

--I was reluctant to post the following cause it might seem negative but WTheck can't be like an ostrich that hides its head in the sand. Facts are facts. I did some googling and came up with the following. CAUTION: Read Labriola's article at your own risk.

These are some stats and bits I dug up about this unusual series.

regular season
    Pittsburgh is 12-12 Overall, 8-15-1 ATS, and 7-16-1 Over/Under in these games.

regular season-post season
    Pittsburgh is 12-14 Overall, 9-16-1 ATS, and 9-16-1 Over/Under in these games.
    [didn't know we lost TWO PO games to them]

Fred Taylor November 19, 2000.
    Taylor, rushed for 234 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries – setting a record for yards in a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers and the most yards ever by an opponent in Three Rivers Stadium.[pretty sure though the
    steelers won the next meeting and held Taylor to very few yards]

But this following article by Bob Labrioli sums it up perfectly.

doesn't work the one below doeshttps://www.steelers.com/news/labriola- ... of-horrors

I might add though, the weather is expected to be mid 70's but maybe rain[dammit] and the Steelers are certainly aware of this stuff.

Also one more positive. Just continue the style seen in the Bengal game.

edit2: I tried the link it seems to have expired. You can easily find the article with google though.[not necessary now] It is worth reading.

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-a-perpetual-house-of-horrors

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  18. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I apologize in advance if this has been discussed a lot, but the Derek Watt situation confuses me. I know he was injured for awhile with the hamstring, but why exactly did the Steelers make him the 2nd highest FB in the NFL if they are not going to use him at all, even to block on a few packages. He is a rather high-priced special teams grunt. Am I missing something here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I don’t think you’re alone... A limited training camp, no preseason and the hammy injury, have certainly played a huge factor in him not making a mark on offense. Randy eluded to Watt seeing more snaps going forward, so we’ll see if that happens and how effective he’ll be.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There were no OTAs, no preseason and he was hurt for a long while. Hard to get much use out of him. If he stays healthy, they have indicated he will become a bigger part of the offense.

They did over pay.

21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    As the weather cools and if he indeed does become a bigger part of an improved and enhanced running game...and if that helps secure a SB win..then no he was not overpaid. That is a lot of 'if's' right now however.

22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well not only has Glennon been a sore spot for the Steelers, he also beat out the Beloved Dobbs for 3rd string QB, so by golly he must be great.

23. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I really hope our offense carries this game to an easy win. I don`t want the defense to get tired out before we play the Ratbirds on a 4 day rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I just popped on here quickly to put you all at ease for today. I'm going to our local pizza place for wings and pizza. We have been undefeated this season every time I have gone there. You can thank me later!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Two things I want to see today, the offense leaning on the run. If they don’t establish it today then I find it hard to believe they will at all for the rest of the season. Second, Avery Williamson’s snap count increasing by at least double from last week.