1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tiggs99, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    If Rudolph had continued after half time, there is no way we win this game. Ben willed the team to win. You could just see the energy go out of the team the three plays Rudolph was in. Big Ben is special. Very cliche but have to say it. 8-0 yay.

• Agree Agree x 14
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I dont think Ben played nearly as bad as some say he did/has... his rushing atempt was the longest of the night ... Only prob i see is he is having trouble hitting the deep passes , but i think that comes together eventually

3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I agree if Rudolph has to play in that 2nd half there is no way in hell they pull this game out. Ben is such a treat to watch especially this year so far. You really appreciate how much he was missed after last year. If they lose him at all this year it’s all over. They gotta keep Ben healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Rudolph is terrible. How long will the Steelers pretend that he is qualified back-up quarterback?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ben has 18 TD passes now in the first eight games. That's a darn good pace.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I’m just soaking it up as much as I can.

Ben isn’t going to be playing much longer. It will be dark days when that happens.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Lets just hope Ben's knee is healed up and good to go for next week.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It isn't always surgical and pretty with Ben, like Peyton Manning or Joe Montana, but he's physically and mentally tough and delivers when they need him. JuJu was big today, too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    When Mason came in for Ben, there was a huge difference in pass velocity with Mason versus Ben. Ben passes had so much more zip on the ball then Mason did. Mason was throwing floaters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    With the way this team played today they needed Ben. Need to get Dotson on the oline if we plan on running the ball. Somebody that can push a guy backwards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Juju is becoming better at ball security and has added muscle to his frame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I root for the kid, but I honestly don't see it. I know Dobbs isn't the future, either. But I personally have more faith in his ability to move the team just because of his athleticism and running ability.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We should make Dobbs active and start a playbook for him with Boots,Waggle,Zone Read , and RPO'S ..We suck at short yardage anyway so this could be a short yardage package that would allow our OC to learn how to Coach and prepare a BU as well as getting Dobbs some real experience in case we need him...My biggest problem is this should have been done when we drafted him ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    And more importantly, only 4 pics. He's being much smarter with the ball. Not forcing things as much. Felt like the last few years he'd go for the homerun ball and throw a bad pick that would put the defense in a bad spot. He seems to be really focused this year and when he takes care of the football, he's a very bad man.

15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Has to be in consideration for the MVP race at this point.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The first pass Rudolph threw was a lame duck that was ripe for an INT. Thank God Ben came back in 2nd half. I can't watch this team with Rudolph under center. Dude is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As a Steelers fan, I agree. They seem to prefer stats guys who don’t necessarily win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    it would be nice, but wont happen other QBs are throwing 4/5 tds agame and huge passing yards

19. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, I wouldn't say he's leading at this point. I'd put him behind Mahomes, Wilson, and Rodgers at this point, but he's in the top 5.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would agree, a couple of times today I think he was pressing to much to get it to Chase. one or two perhaps Chase should have had, but the balls were still off the mark. That pump fake today was beautiful, we get a running game and he uses that more those longer passes will come along.

21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Come back player of the year, but Mahomes, Wilson, and Rodgers are putting up huge numbers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree with others Ben definitely en route to comeback player of the year

23. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    It's Ben's inconsistency. Missing all kinds of easy passes like that crossing route that would have been huge or that deep pass to Claypool. Even if he got that remotely close to him he would have forced the pass interference call. We have too much WR talent for the performances we're getting.

24. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Was really hoping this would turn out to be a laugher where Ben could rest on the sideline for the 4th quarter. And while he’s been impressive as all hell the lack of commitment to running the ball bothers me. 9 carries for Conner today. And Ben was getting beat up yet he’s throwing it 42 times. A win’s a win but big picture there’s needs to be more of an emphasis on running the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Remember when Rudolph comes in you not only get him as QB but also Fitchner as OC. If that’s not a perfect storm for disaster I don’t know what is

• Agree Agree x 2