1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers are 3-0

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My predicted loss this week was dead wrong. Thank goodness! 3-0 is always awesome.

2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Will you settle for 7-1, because after Baltimore they have the dreaded game following a bye? Just kidding. I like the make up of this team. They are 3-0 and still room for lots of improvement.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Beware the Browns. I'm just saying.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    3-0 has visions of sugarplums in this thread. Talk of 5-0 6-0 hell 7-0. I love it for sure but should we falter next week doom and gloom will take over again. And that is what makes it so fun.

5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Actually Cincy as well. Burrows is no slouch and they have given him some young weapons as well. They really have nothing to lose, just playing for fun and experience can be a very dangerous combination.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm scared of any team who has won a football game in 2020.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Unless they start allowing fans in, I do not think having home field will be nearly as important. The travel may come into play (especially extreme distance, or lousy weather), but lack of homers in the stand may actually be a solid plus for the visiting team. Not only for the lack of noise, but the energy it takes away from the home team.

8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Living near Philly I had the Eagles on radio when I went out (damn Phillies were put on instead of the Steelers in that station). I did not listen long, but Burrows really feels like the real deal, and the Eagles are an absolute mess.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They are having trouble winning playoff games in Baltimore...:roflmao:

So sick of hearing about how great they are. Steelers taking the division back should stop most of that nut-hugging.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Pump the breaks eh?!

Are we implying that the likes of SaQuon Barkley, Cortland Sutton and DeShaun Watson were not worthy adversaries by themselves; the rest of their teams doubly so and no less?! For that matter, Drew Lock was knocked out early on last week. Prior to getting knocked out, he took our secondary to the buzzsaw. Nevermind Drew, DeShaun was wheeling and dealing for a full half. Over 75% of Watson's passing yardage came in the First Half.

When it comes to the NFL, records can be tossed out the window; doubly so against rivals within the division. However, let us play devils advocate. Tennessee 3 wins came against the likes of Denver, Jacksonville and Minnesota. The Titans are really no different than we are in terms of strength of opponents.

Long story short?! I will take 3-0 over 1-2; what could have been. For that matter, I look forward to the matchup against Tennessee. Time to see which team is for real.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

DESHAUN WATSON IS OVERRATED!!!

[​IMG]

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Tennessee, our next opponent, is 3-0. I thought I would go check their message board. Can you believe there are people bitching and moaning about the problems their team has and how the people being positive don’t know anything about football.

Geez, I’m glad I come to this board.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not to harsh your buzz, but you do realize that the 3 teams they have beaten so far have ZERO wins among them, right? I mean, they are beating the teams they should beat, which is a refreshing change for Tomlin coached teams, but let's see how they do against another 3-0 team next week.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was shocked they didn't overturn that. Also.... wasn't entirely sure that call that went Claypool's way was legit... what does the rulebook say about that? The DB did impede his way to the ball but then the DB had a legit play on the ball.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just to confirm. We’re not allowed to be happy about being 3-0 just yet?

• Like Like x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah same here. I'm 0-for on the picks so far. I'm happy to be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You can do whatever you want Glenn, you're a grown-ass man. I'm happy the steelers are 3-0, that is awesome. I'm merely injecting a dose of pragmatism. Not all of us are as optimistic as others. That's what makes life interesting. Can you imagine how boring this place would be if everyone agreed on everything and sat around singing kumbaya? That may be good at times, but having disagreement and conflict is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You are glad you come to this board?! I can do one better.

I am glad I love this team!! :steelflag:

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't care if the teams we beat are winless, after the bad start we had last year, 3-0 is awesome.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  21. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Love this... 3-0 baby on to next week.

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ravens are pretty damn good... they aren’t a juggernaut though.

No teams have stood out to be true juggernauts right now.

theres 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, and 0-3 teams. That’s all I see...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    i for one, love the resiliency the team is building. The first 3 games have been close and they are finding out different ways to win. they are learning lessons weekly but still stacking wins....that bodes well for the future you would think

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Winning is good medicine for what has ailed this team the past 2 seasons. Let's just hope Ben stays healthy and we don't have to see the piss poor backups the steelers have at QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    The Browns beat the Bengals last week and Haskins gave them the game this week.I don't see the Browns going into to Pittsburgh and winning unless the Steelers are beset with injuries between now and then