1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ok veteran Steelers fans...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jimmyallen45, Nov 18, 2018.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree ... not a top 5. Seen bigger games and more important comebacks against better competition. But, I will take this win

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pretty impressive especially against that defensive.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've been watching the Steelers since the late 70s, and for me, this one probably ranks in the top 5 comebacks.

On a side note, this game was one of the ugliest I've seen that they ended up winning. My other favorite ugly game is when they beat the Dolphins 3 - 0 in 2007. That was the game where the ball literally got stuck in the mud on a kick (not the greatest quality video, but the best I could find)"

4. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Code:

Opp                  Date            PF    PA    Deficit
    Steelers     Chicago Cardinals    Oct 11, 1953    31    28    21
    Steelers     Buffalo Bills        Dec 15, 1985    30    24    21
    Steelers @   Baltimore Ravens     Oct 5, 1997     42    34    21
    Steelers @   Cincinnati Bengals   Nov 19, 1995    49    31    18
    Steelers @   Cincinnati Bengals   Dec 4, 2017     23    20    17
    Steelers     Denver Broncos       Dec 20, 2015    34    27    17
    Steelers     Cleveland Browns     Jan 5, 2003*    36    33    17
    Steelers @   Jacksonville Jaguars Nov 18, 2018    20    16    16

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no idea where to rank it all time...

My memory is pretty hazy, or clouded by time passing, but in the distant past(70`s),
    I don`t know how often we had to come back from more than 1 score behind...
    I know we did it a few times, but more often, we DOMINATED games..
    At least, regular season ones...

As far as since Ben`s been here, I seem to have a heart attack, more often than not, before we pull out the win...

Just think back to beating the Bungles 2 games ago in the last minute, or them giving us the game in the playoffs recentley, or,
    (as has been mentioned), AB stretching over the goalline against the Cravens to get us in the playoffs last year!!!

Hell, Ben making the "Immaculate tackle", after Bettis fumbled against the Colts, isn`t exactly a "comeback" win,
    but it was damn sure a game saving tackle!!!

I recall reading some stat about last weeks win putting Ben in some pretty good company, as far as "come from behind wins"...
    I think he is now about top 5 or top 10 qb`s in that category...

ALL that means to me, is we`ve been behind on our last possesion more times, than we should be!!!
    Thank God we have him, and the guts to stick together as a team, and keep fighting, until we get the win!!!

Sure, it was awesome to see him put the ball where it had to be for Santonio to make the catch, and win the SUPERBOWL..

But, honestly, I would prefer to watch games, where we have the lead, and can just run the ball down the other teams` throat,
    as Bill Cowher, and the Bus, often did (Minus the fumble in Indy ;) )...

GO STEELERS!
    :herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yes the ball just dropped and plopped. First game against Porter as a Dolphin no? Ugly for sure but a W is a W or was a W.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Can’t believe I forgot about this game. This was awesome! Watching on my TV now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I was just going to mention this Ravens playoff game. Obviously that playoff game was a bigger comeback in terms of importance, and as a result was more thrilling. However, I think Sunday’s comeback was more impressive simply because it wasn’t a win or go home situation. It would have been easy to just pack it up, fall to 6-3-1 with a game and half lead, and lick our wounds. However the offense found a way to beat the top pass defense in the league for 3 late scores while the defense pitched 4 straight 3 and outs (plus a strip sack to seal it). The other team gets paid too, and Jacksonville (a final four team from last year) was playing for its playoff life.

It was damn impressive.

• Like Like x 2