1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess the Steelers record next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Arch Stanton, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I know I will get blasted for this, but, not confident at all in our qb situation, plus all the new pieces we got. Definitely going to have growing pains. In which will result in a 6-11 or 7-10 record. The back half of this schedule is brutal, worse than I seen in years.
    In saying this, other teams could possibly stumble due to injuries .
    Go Steelers! Would love to be 17-0.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Dont worry, half the qbs taken in the first round this year, will be available in 2 years for the Steelers to try and develop.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I really don't know what to expect from our offense...Being 10-15th is possible with good time of possession but would that be enough?

Being in the bottom 10 would be unacceptable and being in the top 10, I don't think it's realistic right now but things can change quickly....Smith is going to be a much better OC than Canada since it's not hard to do, but I don't know if it's going to be good enough

The Steelers can't drop stupid games early in the season like they did in back to back games last year against the cards and the pats....Warren and Johnson admitted after the game against the cards that they took the cards lightly, it was unacceptable and it can't happen in 2024 since our schedule is brutal in the second half on paper

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Another thing they need to be much better in 2024

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    11-6 if Watt is out less than 3 games.

9-8 at worst no matter what (see that pun?).

One playoff win.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yeah, it was poor.

and a T.O.P. stat would also show HOW MUCH time the defense was on the field. Canada and Pickett sucked.

as was stated numerous times THEN, we were the worst 7-4 team in NFL history. Quickly dropped to 7-7, which was about right.

Mason saved the season.

mic drop........

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yes I've seen the schedule but so much can happen between now and then. Did any of us expect to go 5-1 in the AFCN last season?? Did any of us expect to sweep the Bengals at start of the 2023 season?? Beat the Ravens twice??

The reason we went 5-1 in AFCN, most would say was due to the other teams having key injuries. Don't wish injuries on anybody but could happen again and could benefit us.

I'll quote Mark Twain about death but applies to injuries. I never wished a man dead but have read some obit's with great pleasure.**

**Those who care say that is really a quote from Clarence Darrow.????????????????????????

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    August 9th I'll be putting up the 7th annual Steelers Prediction Poll.

Unless the Pirates start dominating MLB. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    That still strikes me as so odd for a team to have such a difference in W/L when 1 defensive player is out. Generally it's the QB being out that screws the W/L record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I kinda feel like every season is the same anymore. Some big wins against good teams and a disappointing loss or two to teams that will be drafting in the top 5 the following season. We will end up somewhere between 9-8 and 11-6 and go on to get bounced in easy fashion in the playoffs. Until we see something different, hard to expect anything to the contrary.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I guess You forgot about Troy P. We had a terrible record when He was out...., but later it started to even out....when He got older, and wasn't such a factor, but still good.

12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Never realized that. I'm stuck on the QB is everything. Does make sense. Watt out changes game plan for bad guys to their advantage same as when Troy was out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    So few teams have game-wrecking players on defense. It doesn't get brought up a lot because only a select few teams have a player that has an effect on their team like this. Guys like Watt, Fitzpatrick, Chris Jones, Micah Parsons, Sauce Gardner, Patrick Surtain, Roquan Smith, and Aaron Donald all kinda come to mind off the top of my head. In the past it was Harrison, Polamalu, Shazier, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Suggs, Richard Sherman, JJ Watt etc. These types of players have the ability to single handedly win their team the game with a dominant performance. It is either completely change your game plan to account for this one player OR take the risk that this specific player balls out and just beats you single-handedly. Definitely an OC's nightmare.

These guys are also the biggest portion of their team's cap expenditure on defense. It only makes sense that their absence greatly affects the defensive unit's ability to perform. The QB is the main person for the offense for the same reasons. It ends up boiling down to the most important person on the offense is the QB and the most important guys on the defense are the guys who can sack the QB and the guys who can intercept the QB. Simple math at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Scoring more points will help. We always had a razor thin margin for error. It was either hold the opposition to under 20 points or simply lose. Sometimes we would have to turn the opposition over multiple times to even get our offense in position to get 20 points to begin with....

Simply put, score more points and this stat will be fixed nearly immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    9-8 no playoffs

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The standard is the standard.

• Like Like x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You are saying we will make the playoffs??? Because the actual standard is......We make the playoffs.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    7th seed is the standard

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll take it. Back when only 6 teams made it I think our own Steelers were first 6 seed to ever win it all. Homefield is nice but any seed is a good seed. Hard to win all on road but we proved (and maybe Giants) that it can be done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The odds are much lower when you have a low seed...And remember,in 2005 the steelers were a much better team that their seed(they were 11-5 and they would have a much better record if Ben would been healthy all season long) and it was the same team who was 15-1 the year before....The difference,in 2005 they peak at the right time!

also,the steelers were 13-3 on the road combined before the 2005 playoffs and Ben was like 11-1 on the road in both of those year before the 2005 playoffs,so they were a true road warrior team!

2021,2023,they were just overmatch in both of those game

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    The way I look at this is. What can we expect having the same HC that has done nothing in the playoffs plus all these other blood sucks they (front office) bring in with all the gone to this and that. Save the talk for the field that is we’re you win or lose.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is it not making the playoffs??? Is it the only way we've made the playoffs????Dang You are slow. Did we , or didn't we win a SB as the 6th seed (which then was the lowest seed)???
    Do you ever think before you post.....do you ever think, or does society think for you??? I keep on, and Keep on about critical thinking, but maybe You just can't do it. I'm sure someone will post something new on X/YouTube/Twitter, or some such place tell You what your next thoughts are.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This

24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The steelers were 11-5 in 2005 with a top 10 offense and top 5 defense in PPG.....Much of the time,this is good to win the division and even have a first round bye but the AFC were loaded like crazy in 2005.They were one of the best team in the NFL in the regular season when Ben was our starter

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You always make excuses. I didn't ask all that. I know all that. I actually watched. Again I have had NFL Sunday Ticket since 1997, and I watched every game I could possibly get before that, and seeing them live.
    I said they were the last seed(which they were).....You seem to think writing stats changes facts. So with all that wrote.....the FACT is.....they were still the last seed in the playoffs, and they still won the SB.

• Like Like x 1