1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Those 4 teams yesterday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Snake, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    week 1 is the most random week in the NFL by far.....I mean the 3-14 bears beat the 13-4 49ers back in 2022 in week 1

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess you forgot about the Bengals beating the Bills last year in the playoffs, Allen wasn't good enough make it to face the Chiefs :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again....tell Me the difference between the team that lost in the 1st playoff game, and the last playoff game....I tell You....not a freaking bit. Once you make the playoffs ...it's either go to the SB, or go home. There is no difference...., but that little fact doesn't fit into a bunch of people's mantras. Do You say Our Father's/Lord's prayer as much as You do that??? LoL. You make the playoffs, and You either make the SB, or You don't....there is no 2nd, and 3rd place trophy for the playoffs. If You could say to Me.....well we haven't made the playoffs in a bunch of Year....then You'd be saying something.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    what about 2020,2021 and 2023?

Bengals are another team that the steelers struggle to beat when they have Burrow

5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Did you see Harbaugh say the Lord’s Prayer at his press conference yesterday?

I disagree wholeheartedly. While the ultimate goal is winning it all only 1 team does that and it’s very difficult. You want to know how many teams have won a playoff game since we last have? Making run in the playoffs show the team is a contender not 1 and done 5 times in a row.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And How many SB wins do they have more than any Qb on the Steelers??? Oh yeah....none. LoL When You can bring SB wins into the conversation like You can for Mahomes....then come talk to Me....those other Qbs have just as many SB wins as Pickett, and Mason......a BiG fat 0. Repeat 0. Zilch. So tell Me again how far ahead they are. Again KC , and that's it.

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And I'm sure you would make that same excuse if they lost those week one games :rolleyes:.

8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Most part because of Mahomes.....This is just Mahomes is not the only problem for the steelers....Burrow and Allen are major problem too for the steelers and I afraid that Stroud and Herbert(with Jim Harbaugh) will also be major issue for the steelers in the future unless their defense,coaching and QB improve big time....so no they are not close to be a contender right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    good or bad,I never put huge stock on week 1

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow....that really adds to their SB wins. Again....besides saying...I won a playoff game....once you make the playoffs ....whats the difference if You lose the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd playoff game??? It's not like You carry that one win over next year, and add it. LoL. Hell the Eagles made the SB....got beat, and got worse....most teams do....So again what's the difference??? You make the playoffs....that gives You a chance to go to the SB, and then You either go, or You don't....You preach about participating trophies, but that's what You are shooting at....well they won one playoff game....LoL

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    One of those wins Allen got was against Duck Hodges, so it doesn't really count ;).

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Are you saying KP and MR are as good as Allen and Burrow? Really man? Did you disappear into the desert and eat peyote for a week?

13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Participation trophies? I can’t even follow your nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I said a simple fact....I'm sorry everyone else falls for the media stuff. Until one of them wins a SB they haven't done anything. They have the exact amount of SB rings as Pickett, and Mason.....0. You go on, and on about Keeping Tomlin for participation trophies, but You hand them out to everyone else not on the Steelers team. I'm supposed to believe J. Allen, and Lame R Jackson is all that??
    You do realize that most Qb that win SBs on the team that drafted them do so within 5-6 years....guess what...by that history....unless Lame R Jackson, and Allen leaves their teams....they won't be getting one. So that will leave them with as many SBs as the Qbs on the Steelers right now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then don't read it, and comment back. It's simply a very simple thing to do.:shrug:

16. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I want Tomlin to stay because of participation trophies? I guess I have not made it clear to you how I feel about MT.

He sucks

17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    What fun would that be? It’s nice having you back.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

It's crazy how you ignore our point...You said Mahomes is the only problem for the Steelers in the AFC.....but that's not true as I showed our stats against Burrow and Allen.. ..Also if Mahomes was really a problem for us, why haven't the Steelers won a playoff game for several years even if they haven't played against Mahomes once in the season and playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years?!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

19. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    My opinion you are wrong. They are pretty close needing the line to gel and good coaching. The Steelers have just as much or more talent than most teams.

There are no excuses for losing games. No matter the situation.... you got an L.

Doomsdayers board.

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Or how close the Bengals were to losing that play-off game to Tyler Huntley! he doesn't fumble that ball at the 1 for a scoop and score, they lose that game!

Yet here we are giving them credit for winning the game, not Baltimore losing the game.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Bro…..tell me you are under the age of 25…..without telling me you are under the age of 25 (just kidding of course).

Your comment is true and goes without saying. Good QB play is a necessary ingredient, along with other components (good defense, etc). Having said that, there is also the fact that generational talents only come along once in a great while.

Over the last 57 years of Super Bowls, something like 13 QBs have won 36 of them.

Of those 13 QBs, how many have played on the same team…..only a few.

22. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    The difference is Brock Purdy is actually a real QB. He's not Joe Montana, but his first two years the league have been nothing short of amazing. And don't give me the excuse that he has great players around them. We all know how important the quarterback position is. You live and die by it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    STD is right about no SB's but you are 100% correct that not only the Chiefs but those teams with better QB's are just as much a problem. IMO, we are in for a long haul of suck. AFC keeps frigging getting good QB's.

24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Our QBs will be near the bottom of the AFC going into next season. Now that doesn’t mean KP or someone else can’t improve or have a good year but as of now it isn’t pretty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct -

and we will be a bubble playoff team again - IF KP is crowned starter. He is not that good and won't get that good that fast, I have seen that in 2 seasons.

I don't care who we draft, and who the OC coordinator is. We will be a bubble playoff team, in part bc/ our DIV is tough, and we still have Tomlin.

We will be watching week 17 and rooting for SOMEONE to beat another team so we can backdoor in.

embrace the love.

we knew moving on from a HOF QB was going to be hard. most of us did, anyhow......all if it should have turned over when Ben left.

• Agree Agree x 2