1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 18....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    True. I think the announcers were right. He took his eyes off it to look up field too quickly.

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It was so egregious that it appeared truly intentional - meaning the refs blindness to it. If we weren’t in a very solid position to win with the seconds ticking away quickly I would have lost my voice for the first time almost ever.

Im not one of these conspiracy nuts that are trending with the league rigging games tied to gambling companies, but that drive had me tweaking my head.

If we would have lost like the Lions did last week then there would have been torches and pitchforks assembled for that officiating crew.

Now, the NFL and media outside of Western PA will likely ignore it like it’s normal and just part of the game. It’s not and shouldn’t be. That shizz was INSANE!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Take care of those and you would have had Mitch Trubisky starting and losing the last 3 games of the season.

It took those terrible losses to force Tomlin to start Mason in the 1st place. Can't have the good without the bad.

4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Sure you could have - just about every beat reporter said Rudolph was the best QB (not just second best). The Steelers could have chosen to play him when Pickett went down. They didn't. They were stubborn and it will cost them.

Just because last night wasn't for the division or 1 seed, doesn't mean they'd be in the playoffs if they simply played Rudolph in the Pats game.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    but are we doomed? :smiley1::cool:

6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

I think the main reason he is still here is because he does a good job field goal holder for Boswell. Terribly inconsistent as a punter. Need to change him next year for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Exactly. I don't recall MT² making Baily Zappe look like Tom Brady from the first series of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Herbig has got this.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Our up and coming star