1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you guys feel if Mike Wallace was in a Ravens or Bengals uniform next season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Hopefully He heads out west and in the NFC

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  3. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

My house money puts him in a Jets uniform

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    wouldn't surprise me to see him reunite with BA there.
    Norv will be out most likely and BA will attract a lot of interest after his intering HC gig @Indy, filling in quite nicely for Pagano.
    BA's offense sort of fits the deep ball they so love(d) to play in SD. Toss in speedy #17 and Rivers will wet his bed in excitement

6. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The team from the AFC North that is most likely to get him is Cleveland- at least theoretically. The Bengals are too cheap and the Ravens will be spending to rebuild their defense. I agree though that Indy is a likely destination- but I can see him going a lot of places (SF for example).

7. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Ravens would love to get him. This is the kind of move that they love to make at the last minute. However, it makes more sense to see him as a Indi Pony next year.

8. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    It makes more since to keep him depending on how much he wants, this team will miss Wallace. I know Ben will.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wallace can't come here, Whiny Rivers already wears #17. Maybe he goes to Miami, they need a receiver. I can't see him going to Cincy. Dalton's in love, (justifiably) with A.J. Green.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Washington try and get him. Dan Snyder is dumb enough to break the bank for someone with a big name. Remember that Haynesworth guy? I really wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up with BA though. I don't think the Pats would have him because Belichik likes to have guys with higher football iq's and Wallace does NOT seem to have that. Nor do any other of our receivers really though.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I see him going to Dallas, him and Dez could be pretty lethal.

12. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I say good bye to Mike as his numbers this year when he was playing for a contract are not good. He is the 30th ranked receiver in the NFL in yards, has only two 100 yard games, with 8 TD's, two fumbles and at least one INT due to his lack of effort on a pass. He wants big time money in the 50 million dollar range, go find it somewhere else. His speed will diminish in 2 or 3 years as he is 26 years old now. He doesn't have the route running abilities or work ethic in my opinion to extend his career in the NFL. We can spend our money in better places such as o line, d secondary, that will provide better returns. We can find a younger Mike Wallace at a better price. He had his chance with the Black and Gold, did well for a time, now he can take his slightly above average game somewhere else if they want to overspend. Maybe him leaving would help the rest of the wide receivers step up after he is gone.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    our turnover margin could go up on defense.:cool:

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Miami needs receivers bad.

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    E The ravens aren't quite as bad as we are cap wise but they still couldn't afford him. I could honestly see the pats taking a run at him but at the same time he struggled in the quick strike offense so that could cool their interest. I know Wallace struggled this year but I would still like to have him on the team but I would hope they let him be him and run deep.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Detroit would be a logical destination as well. His speed would help open things up for CJ - which is pretty scary when you consider that CJ is about to break 2,000 yards without a viable threat opposite him. Even more important, having CJ and Wallace on the outside would make it pretty much impossible for teams to load the box with any more than 7 players, which would give them personnel mismatches in the run game.

Of course, Detroit needs defensive help more than a WR, but it would help their offense quite a bit.

For similar reasons, I think the Bears are a good fit. They have nobody opposite Marshall, which allows teams to focus more on Forte than the Bears would like to see.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How is this scenario, Chicago Bears,work out
    a deal with the Bears, for Forte?

18. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Forte's skillset is about on par with Mendenhall. I would not spend big money on a RB who would most likely have the exact same issues here.
    How do you deal a UFA anyway?????

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    So far on this thread I'm trying to see a team that hasn't been mentioned.

But doubt it would be anogther AFC North team if he leaves.

20. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hands of stone will be a real catch for some team.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    if there is a will there is a way, Forte has his head straight,
    Mendy does not. He is twice the back Mendy is.

22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think the Redskins are a big player for Wallace, they spend bucks, and they lack good WR's. Ravens have Torrey Smith who will be a big money guy, the Bengals have AJ Green who is going to be a huge money guy, I think Green is the 2nd best WR in the NFL right now.

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, they do, but they don't need a deep threat. Hartline is incredibly fast and can get open deep. He may not be as fast as Wallace, but he is the same type of receiver Wallace is. Miami needs an X receiver which will help Hartline get open down the field. Miami wont touch Wallace

24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a chance the Redskins sign him. They have Garcon, Josh Morgan, Hankerson and Santana Moss. There's no room for Wallace. Remember, Hankerson was a highly ranked rookie and Garcon lights it up every time he's out there.

25. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Carolina would love to have him too I bet. Dallas, Pats, or skins would pay the money he is wanting though. BTW how do they spend so much money and dont have cap problems?