1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The NFL Will Gladly Sell you Photos of Brett Kiesel Performing an Unsportsmanlike Action

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Dec 28, 2012.

1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My question regarding the rule is, when was it changed? Because Tebow went to the ground all last year with no penalty. I was hoping Tomlin would address it.

3. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    It is sad that the NFL is becoming a money making machine that has made the game secondary. I really beileve it is all about the money from the NFL and that is why the rules of the game are so clouded no one understands them. It opens a lot of doors for the NFL if they confuse everyone and the refs don't even know how to call games.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Man remember when Harrison leveled that extremely AWESOME on Massahoweveruspellit? Then the NFL started selling a picture of the hit. Then Harrison got fined. Then the mainstream media started saying that there were too many hard hits in football. Then the NFL had a change of heart. Man what a bunch of hypocrites.

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  6. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Yes, I said this to my wife-- "when did the rule change? Tebow did it all the time, and btw so has Kiesel." After thinking about it, the only logical explaination I could come up with was that Keisel gestured the use of a weapon.

7. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Nope they said bc he went to one knee.

Where can I get a copy of that picture without paying $50 for one? I d love to have copy of it.

8. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just found this.....
    from Gerry Dulac:

What would Brett Keisel have done if he was fined for unsportsmanlike "arrow" penalty?

Brett Keisel is still miffed for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he received for celebrating a sack against the Bengals. Fortunately, he did not get fined for receiving a 15-yard penalty or "I would have really gone off."

Keisel was penalized after a sack on Andy Dalton when he dropped to one knee and pretended to shoot an arrow from a bow -- something he has done many times in his career. But referee Mike Carey said Keisel was given a penalty for "going to the ground and shooting a weapon."

Keisel said he would have been very upset if he was fined for his penalty because the league sells photos of him in the very post-sack pose for which he was penalized.

Keisel has a different celebration planned if he gets a sack against the Browns, and he told me what it is. But I'm not going to ruin the surprise because it's too good to see.

Let's hope he gets the opportunity against the Browns.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Mighty roger chasing a buck......how sad

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The major problem is the rules dont get enforced the same depending on which crew of refs are officiating a game: It seems each crew has their own pet peeves when it comes to officiating, for example one crew will call a false start on a quarterback if he bobs his head on the snap count, another crew will call it if a QB thrusts his arms forward on the snap count and yet another crew wont call it at all: Pass interfearence is probably the most abused foul in the NFL, some crews wont call it even if the DB and receiver are grabbing all the way down the field and other crews will call it even if there is incidental contact on the play, and now they are on this hitting a defenseless player kick, but in all cases each crew is different when it comes to enforcing the rules, I guess you could call it the Goodell syndrome..........