1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

I went over there one time and there was mortgage talk. I still don't know why. :shrug: If its safe now, I'll go back and look at this survey/prediction thing you have.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I really enjoyed the ending. I mean I hated that he got caught, and at first I felt a little let down, but then as I thought about it, I realized it was all about redemption of his character, which was triggered by his love for Kim. And love that he went back to being called Jimmy. That was a nice metaphor for his change of heart.

So basically, all through BCS and Breaking Bad, Jimmy is just about the only one who actually had a true change of heart and returned to his early self (along with Kim, although on a smaller level than Jimmy). I thought it was great, and actually found it funny that Carol Burnett was the catalyst for Saul getting caught. He was making it, and got greedy again, and the slip up cost him.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yes yes yes

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Finally watched the last season. What an amazing show, BB and BCS are probably by two all time favorite shows. I don’t think the ending is on par with BB’s which I think had the best ending of any show ever but after digesting it, it was a pretty good ending.

The Howard scene was powerful, soon as Lalo walked in you knew he was dead. Felt bad for Howard, Jimmys schemes cost two people their lives, Chucks and Howards. So that was what drove Kim away, we were all wondering what it could have been, they needed a reason for her not being in BB, I always felt it would have been because she was killed because I didn’t believe she or Jimmy would ever end it but the death of Howard was a pretty good catalyst for that.

I also felt the Mike/Fring and Salamanca storyline was taking over the show and becoming the more compelling storyline. Hated to see Nacho go.

I may have to watch the show again from start to finish, forgot a lot of it with the large gaps in filming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I just got done watching breaking bad again. Sometime in the future I’ll rewatch bcs

• Like Like x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Never seen a minute of either.:shrug: Ive been aground enough cooks, and criminals growing up.....I didn't need to see a show about them. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Yep, me too. Still two of the best shows ever made. Both shows are about so much more than cooks and criminals.

It's really just a combination of superior writing and acting.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Ive watched it twice also!

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got 2 really good friends that both did time for cooking. One did twice, and another 3 times. A 3rd friend almost got caught a 4th time, and He disappeared. I haven't seen , or heard from Him in almost 20 years. Crazy thing is I have never touched the stuff. I have seen what it has done to My Friends, and some band members. Sad really. On rehearsal nights when We didn't play out....I would practice all night drinking black coffee with rum in it. They would say....why don't you do some of this...it will give You the same effect, and I tell them.....then why would I trade one habit that's cheaper for one that is more expensive, and way more addictive????:shrug:
    So what I'm trying to say is....I don't watch stuff that "may" glorify stuff that has ruined a bunch of My friends lives.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I get it. I don't think either of the shows glorify it, per se, but I do see your point. BB is basically the story of how Mr. Rogers slowly turns into Scarface.

H has taken more of my old friends than anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    It's so much more than that. When we first started to watch BB, I remember thinking, "how is this show going to last very long on this premise," but it ended up being one of the best shows I've seen to this day. And BCS is really really good as well. I'd say give it a chance and watch at least the first 3 episodes and then decide if you'd want to keep watching, but I bet you would want to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You’re missing out. Granted it’s television, but both shows are outstanding

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Agreed

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree. I'm just about finished slowly binge-watching X-Files (9 seasons so far with about 24 episodes per year takes a while to watch) but was surprised to see what a hand Vince Gilligan had in that long running show as a writer, creative consultant and executive producer. Very enjoyable. He certainly has the Midas touch. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I freaking Loved X-Files. LoL. When it 1st came out ...it played on Friday nights, and My then ole lady would get mad that I wouldn't go out until it was over. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Big X-Files fan here. I'm currently re-watching with my 17 year old son, and we're at the beginning of season 4. Great show, and I agree, the Vince Gilligan episodes are good. But the Darin Morgan episodes are my favorites.

• Like Like x 2