1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

YT’s nfl Sunday ticket is $$$

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Apr 11, 2023.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Pulling for Vegas?

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I kinda am just because I still have some hate in my heart for Florida going back to their plastic rat playoff run so many years ago and I just cant stand Paul Maurice.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

No kids

Don’t like half my relatives

I have a niece I love and she is going to do ok when I’m tits up

In the mean time my wife and I are living well

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    we are 74 miles from baltimore. That is inside the 75 mile rule for a secondary market. So even thought there are tons of Eagles and Steelers fans here no go on watching when a conflict with the ravens is there

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The key is not to find out the result ahead of watching it. It really isn't that difficult. Just avoid social media and television for three hours. Watch something on a streaming service. Go to the gym. Run some errands. Obviously, it's not what I would choose, but I couldn't have DirecTV where I live the last five or six years and there isn't a sports bar worth a damn near me, so I got GamePass, then switched to NFL+ this past season. In all those years, I only had things spoiled for me twice. In one game against the Chiefs, a friend forgot and texted me about the Steelers falling way behind. (This was one they were down 21-0, rallied to tie it, then Mahomes buried them again.) Then last year, the final score wasn't spoiled, but I knew the opener against the Bengals went to overtime before I could start watching it.

It's not ideal. It's not my first choice, but I can watch it very much as a fan. I still bounce around and yell at the screen just like I do when I watch games live because, for me, it might as well be.

This is the first time in years I've had an option. For a number of reasons, I'm going to go the NFL+ route for at least one more season. Sadly, that means you all are deprived of my dazzling contributions to the game day threads most weeks. lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I enjoy watching other games and the redzone channel when the steelers are not on and in the philly area 75% of the games are televised, so I'm paying all this $ for 3-5 games a season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I pay more for one ticket to a game than most of these services cost for a year

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'm already at $1,400.00 to see them in Vega$ and I didn't even purchase tickets yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll pay more for 4 tickets and 1 or 2 nights in Pittsburgh than a week in OBX this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Sounds to me like you would be an ideal candidate for the $9.99 NFL+ Premium monthly setup. Full game replays are available 30 minutes after the game ends. It is a monthly program, so you only need it for the months the games are on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I still don't understand....if You are not going to see it live as it plays....why not wait till NFL channel show the replay??

12. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    You seem to be referring to knowing the score and then watching the game later on.
    I think what people are talking about is avoiding the game and then watching it later taped or on some streaming service.

I did the nfl gamepass for 1 year and it was terrible not knowing the outcome till later at night. The games were available as soon as SNF started typically the year I had it. I would turn my phone off and avoid social media all day to watch the game at night. A few times I got screwed in the 4pm games for fantasy purposes if I didn't have my wife checking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Because they don't. They show all the preseason games non-stop 24-7, but last year once the season started the NFL channel would only replay like 1 game a night.

I would watch the full Steeler broadcast as soon as the game ended, and then I would watch some of the other games on my lunch break during the week, using their Short Game replay options.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Daddy - I just learned a new word in Kindergarten today - "Trust Fund". Call me please. upload_2023-6-1_12-53-18.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  15. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I had most of my family looking into this last night because we are running out of time. I have had Direct TV NFL package since the very first year. I know for a fact that I need to watch every Steelers game but I don't have YouTube TV. We thought that we could piggyback off my daughters account since her husband has the college YT package. Just purchase and share a password but then my wife started reading up on it and they will not allow you to do that. I really like Direct TV since I'm so used to it but fear I need to change in order to get the NFL package. Right now it will cost me $349 for the NFL alone. Not certain on other charges. It can only be on 2 TV's in the same household. I'm not certain what to do but I only have 5 more days to figure it out then it goes up $100 more dollars.

Please help!

On a side note. One year I got tired of Direct TV shafting me by raising the price so I cancelled my NFL package. That emotional roller coaster lasted me up to about 15 minutes before kickoff of game 1 when I finally caved. The game was against the Rats and I wasn't about to miss it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Can you also find out if it travels with you. I only need it for myself, but when I go to visit my folks or my brother, I would like to be able to watch the game at their house. I don't care about multiple TVs, but I am just curious if this is somehow tied to my home internet connection.

17. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    They would need a smart TV. If they have the YouTube app, you just log into your account. If they don't have the app, you just download the Youtube App and log in with your account. You could also watch it on your phone or Ipad......... it goes wherever you go that has a device that had the app.

18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No I am good on everyone having a way to play YouTube on their TVs. I am just curious if the NFL pkg will be tied to my home modem/ISP.

19. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    No. I'm sure they only allow you to be logged in one place so that's how they monitor it. They would never tie it to your home because a big part of the appeal is to watch it wherever you are.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    I have pretty much decided that for the first time in MANY years we will not have Sunday Tix. I just can't see paying that much $ this year. I was always able to have directv at the lowest monthly cost ($42) and then get a deal for the ticket. I have attempted to reach out to you tube tv but they don't even have a message option on twitter. I am wondering if it will be possible to get the tix after the start of the season if we change our mind. Hoping for local games (I'm in the Philly area so who knows) or else figure out how to stream or change my location on Hulu live to look like I am in the burgh. If anyone knows how to do that please educate me!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They show them all week long. I dvr most of My games that way because they take up less space.....because they cut out half the replays, and commercials.

22. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I have so many people texting me through the game I would have to turn my phone off for 6 hours. Actually that doesn’t sound half bad!

• Like Like x 1
  23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

When did they start the rule allowing 7 overtimes?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021

Well you would have to turn it off for the 3 hours the game was really happening then the 3 hours you watched the replay?

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    I have youtube tv and split it with one of my friends. We live in the same town. When I travel i can use youtube tv but you then get the local channels from where ever u r. You will be about 15 seconds to a minute behind the actual broadcast so avoid fantasy and even sometimes the gameday chat on this board.

• Informative Informative x 2