1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Grades from Sporting News

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelRaj, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s interesting. I hear horror stories about comcast, but I’ve had it in all 3 homes I’ve owned since 2004 (in Massachusetts, then Connecticut), and have had nearly perfect reliability. The only service I’ve had with crappy reliability was when I had DirecTV satellite for a few years. I had gotten it specifically because of Sunday Ticket, but it sucked big time for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm trying to figure it out how to now. I live in the country now, and it won't be easy.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've never had a problem with Direct TV, but I'm not sure what I will do now.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You. It sucks. I have to get a satellite to get internet...so I can get rid of a satellite I had Sunday ticket on since 1997. LoL.

6. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020

I tried that and basically told “Goodbye” if I didn’t like the price. They are offering a two yr contract for around $70 but no sense paying for both satellite and lose the discount for ticket.

7. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

It will be strange to not have satellite but everyone asks me why do I have satellite. It’s easier imo to turn on the receiver and change channels. But supposedly You tube TV has a channel guide too w similar features. Im 51 and admit behind the times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I didn't want to change almost for the exact same reasons. Once I went to YTtv, I realized how few channels I actually watched anyway. Stayed with Direct for so long because of Sunday Ticket but now the streaming services are so much better than they used to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

So is easy to navigate through with same channels?

Edit- I live in Nashville, TN area so I enjoy SEC network though I attend all TN home games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    It has all of the channels I had on Direct. The guide does take some getting used to. That part may not be as fluid as Direct but you can personalize it and it can go alphabetically which makes easier.
    I just checked and it has the SEC network. Unlike Direct, if you watch a certain thing a lot it will make suggestions for you. You can always try it out with their trial.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What I have been saying since the end of the draft; maximize the value of every pick. Who cares what round it is?! If a talented player is there... draft his ass.

Omar Kahn and Andy Weidl deserve a round of applause; same goes for Sheldon White, Dan Colbert, Mark Sadowski, Phil Kreider, Kelvin Fisher, Dave Pettet and the rest of the Steelers Front Office; Mike Tomlin, Teryl Austin, Pat Meyer, Grady Brown, Alfredo Roberts and the rest of the Coaching Staff doubly so and the same. One could have not drawn it up any better for Omar's Inaugural Draft.

Time will tell if these players pan out of course. However, on paper, easily the best draft the Steelers have had in a very, very long time. :applaud:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thiefery

Thiefery Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2019
    i had verizon fios in VA for over 10 years, loved it. I moved back to TX in '21, and while my house was being built, we stayed in a furnished apt. We decided to try Youtube TV.. we hated it. I hated switching back and forth through channels on Saturday afternoons. Also I have a sports chat group and follow a thread on twitter for some games. Hated, HATED being 2-3 plays behind of those who were watching on cable.

At my home now we have to have xfinity and i too pay $260 for almost everything plus internet.. I don't like it as much as verizon fios, however it still beats youtube TV for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I am in the same boat.
    I've had Comcast/Xfinity for 20+ years.
    This is my farm which is in a rural area off the beaten track.
    It's lightning fast and I can count the times it's been out on 1 hand.
    We had the Halloween snow, a big heavy dump of wet snow, that took out many lines and poles for a couple days.. but since then, the lines were put underground for the most part and nothing since.
    I started with Dish, but after much fighting, and a smart a$$ punk service guy which made me rip the dish off the post and throw it at him while he sped away in his truck.
    Needless to say, Dish is a non-starter.

Still, cable is expensive. I want to just go to internet as I find my Firestick and Roku stick give me everything I need except the NFL like I want.
    I'm working on it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

I was actually surprised that I hit on every pick they made. But it wasn't like that, I just hit on the positions. (OT, CB has been a mantra with me for a while)
    They did a bang-up job and you hit it, they deserve a round of applause.
    Yes, drafts really can't be fully evaluated until end of the season at the earliest and best in year 2.
    Good job Steelers!

:clapping:

• Like Like x 2
  15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They killed it! Super pumped for the season.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's okay, better then paying $270 + a month. The quality of picture is not quite as good as Direct TV, but good enough. For me it was easier finding the channels on Direct TV. But I like paying a 1/3 of what I was, and the fact that YOU TUBE will getting NFL games this year made a no brainer. You can save money $100 if you get the NFL package before June if your an existing YouTube customer. I have not found the NFL channel or PBS yet, I sure you can add it to your base for a fee.

Only had 1 bad outage for a couple of hours when my internet went down. But I would loose DirectTV due to bad weather and storms so the dependability evens out. I glade I cut the cord for good.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At least where I am satellite internet is expensive

You can get a package with a fixed amount of monthly download but after that for streaming movies etc it goes up quickly

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    You and me both. I've had very good service from Comcast. The only thing that had to be done from time to time was playing the contract game for a deeper discount.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I live in Cincinnati and listen to AM radio all day at work when I'm at my desk. Out in the plant I cannot though. This morning they were talking about the Bengals draft and gave it a B- and then to my surprise they said Pittsburgh had hands down the best draft of any NFL team this year and it's not even close. Time will tell but most people I've been listening to seem to think the Steelers FO nailed this draft.

• Like Like x 3
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Same, and older.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011