1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QBs salary

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Apr 17, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice analogy :thumbs_up:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They should look into a separate salary cap for QB’s. It’s been brought up in league meetings before.

They need to explore that idea more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True, the union may have to save the owners from themselves. The owners created the Frankenstien by allowing the QB salary to spiral out of control based on their selfishness. But i don't expect the union to take the lead, players making a fair share based on the NFL's intake, is and should always be their objective.

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    QB comp is off the charts, hurting the game. hope the owners get their heads out of their asses soon and work on some % cap, on the next bargaining agreement.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - they should.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yea, I know, it takes a lot of talent to throw a pass to a receiver who has no one within 10 yards of them. He should kiss Reid's substantial buttocks every chance he gets. As for the "injury", you are making assumptions as to how bad it was, but also, I believe that most if not all starting qb's in the league would do all they could to play.[/QUOTE]
    Let Me ask You a simple question in the 20 years of Head Coaching for Andy Reid....How many SB wins did He have before Pat Mahomes???
    Now I could get this if We said Reid had been only Coaching a few years, but Andy Reid coached 19 years, and No....repeat No SB wins without Mahomes....Now all of a sudden He's been to 3 in the last 4 years......Yeah it's all Andy Reid. LoL

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What is funny is the playoff money;. When Patrick Mahomes gets his playoff check is he like "What is this a tip?". :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Why just quarterbacks

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I sense a joke in here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No I’m being serious for once

Aaron Darnold is averaging something like $32mm T. J Watt $28mm

Those numbers aren’t far off QB salaries

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's all about controlling the salary. If someone else pays it ....usually You must follow the leader if You want to keep players, but anytime they want... They can change this...remember how the rbs would get paid in the 90s...???
    You don't see that anymore. The thing about Qbs is the Browns overextended themselves (derdeeder:goofy:), and now 3 Qbs have been paid since, and none are even close to that contract.
    It's why the Browns, are the Browns. LoL

12. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    After the Hurts deal it’s hard to see Burrow taking less than 50 a year. I thought he’d maybe take 45 a year on a discount, but now even 50 seems like a decent discount.

The Bengals may regret not getting him to agree to an extension before the Hurts deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I have thought of that, but unless the owners want to give up more than the 48% under the CBA its not going to work. You could create a 'write off', not certain how it would work but for instance take the 5 highest paid starters and 5 lowest..mesh the numbers and create a QB cap number, or perhaps just the top 10-15. Idea being that is what the teams get charged against the CAP (if QB is over), they can use what would probably amount in the 10 to 15 million range to sign others. Players still get their share, but it creates a bit more to the bottom line. Its not perfect, but really no unfair, those with rookie QB's deals can invest in others, those with the more expensive contracts have more money to move around.

14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The reality is that teams in this era of football have a more difficult time winning games without "adequate" or "good" or "great" QB play.

Elite talent in sports generally gets paid elite dollars. Elite QBs in the NFL will get paid top dollar. Less than elite QBs will receive top dollar. It won't change.

Organizations decided to pay players guaranteed money. The genie is out of the bottle. Now the organizations have to pay or don't pay. Organizations can pick and choose who and how much they want to pay players in the NFL. Some players will take less than market value. Ect ect ect.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed 100%

But I’m thinking even the union, as unions do, might want more parity in pay