1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Drama in Baltimore!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 16, 2023.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Why is patrick mahomes the standard youre using? If he's who we're going to measure everyone off then the whole league isn't good as he head and shoulders above everyone.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because He's the best right now. I'm not using players that aren't in the league anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I get that, you can compare styles and unique similarities of former players, but (for instance) to compare Marino and his era, with today is pretty ludicrous. With his talent could Marino be successful in todays NFL..or Mahomes in the 80's and 90's? No doubt because base talent is just that, but there is no way how to really compare how a player would react or compete with the rules and talent who could use and abuse those rules on a regular basis.

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018

Then no other qb should be mentioned. Period.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What???
    I'm comparing today's player with today's players My Friend. This came about when I compared Lamar Jackson with Pat Mahomes.....both are today's players.:thumbs_up:

6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I was replying to when you said you do not compare todays players with those no longer in the league.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know because I was comparing Lamar with Mahomes, and He ask why Mahomes, and I said Because He's the best, and I'm not going to compare Lamar with someone not in the league.

8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I came on late and just read the last post, sometimes the alerts are so filled with STD likes, one just cannot keep up lmao

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol:.
    Sorry My Friend :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    No apolgies needed. I come here first to have fun, you are that...I think lmao

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I know

We need less like able posters here

:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hell just compare to Ben then. Ben could still make throws, but had no damn knees. Couldn't step into throws because he was worried about his legs and he couldn't muscle out as often when they got to him. So they saddle him with a short game and we all saw the results.

The games he felt good in and made some step up throws and moved around,, you saw the defenses have to actually defend and he ate their lunches for the most part.

Or even Marino, I was really feeling for him in that playoff loss to the Jaguars.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Here’s my logic on the dumb ass

The ravens tag is in essence a trade offer open to all other 31 teams

Lamar was a first round draft choice so Baltimore deserves at least that

He was an MVP so that brings value at least a first round draft choice

Therefore the tag on him is a fair trade offer

No team wants this fair trade offer so it would be apparent the widget available for trade is not as valuable as the widget thinks

Baltimore made the right decision in putting the tag type on him they did and they can’t lose

If the dumbass actually passed on 133 guaranteed last year and never plays this year he will certainly pass Bell on the dumbass list

I hope no one signs him and he sits out the year just to send a message to the widgets

Signed a guy who worked his way up from mill laborer to the top of the food chain

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    You're second paragraph succinctly paraphrases what we and 32 other NFL teams see, and what certain fans blinded by his athleticism refuse to see. To these people, Lamar getting paid what he wants is some sort of confirmation of the notion that his athleticism converted to money trumps winning. These newer fantasy football fans aren't loyal to any franchise, they are loyal to individual players. They also live vicariously through these guys that's why they post stupid sh!t. To them, winning isn't important. Lamar getting paid is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This seems to describe a certain poster…

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Exactly. I don’t know why this is hard for some to grasp on here. Icons come and go. Ben is gone, revenue isn’t down. When Rodgers leaves Green Bay the revenue and fan base of the packers will not be affected.

Every player is replaceable, the franchises are not.Well not nearly as easily. Steve bisciotti knows this and he’s answered Lamar accordingly lol.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Nobody should be mad at this move by the ravens, not even Steelers nation. The QB situation has been out of hand for a while now. You have these guys with no titles trying to muscle in and put a stranglehold on teams salary caps. Guys like dak and company. I would tell him to piss off too. This isn’t the MLB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I didn't make that real transparent, lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    OBJ signed for 18 large does that make Lamar not hold out for prolonged
    time? I still can't believe Titans/ Colts have not stepped in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Possibly an effort to placate Lamar? We’ve got you your WR1 to pair with Bateman and Andrews now show us what you can do and earn that long term deal?

$18m looks like an overpay for OBJ tbh, his injury history is extensive and he is a drama queen. Very strange move by the Ravens and a big departure from their usual way of doing business

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agreed, there is a reason Marquise Brown left Baltimore. No idea why the Ravens would spend $18 million ($15 Guaranteed) on a receiver.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    DJ is due 18 mill in 23 and 24. And this is considered a bargain for WR.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    DJ had a poor 2022 and I know a lot of fans aren’t happy with him but all things considered I would take DJ over OBJ right now.

OBJ’s injury history is very worrying and we all saw what he did in Cleveland when he wasn’t getting enough targets for his liking. I’m surprised the Ravens gave him so much money up front. Smacks of desperation to me.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maybe because the new OC in Baltimore was with OBJ in the Browns ....OBJs best season with the browns...
    :shrug:

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think this is a great move by the Ravens.
    OBJ is looking for a one year prove it deal, and there's no way that he was signing w/o their QB situation resolved. This tells me that it is. IMO, there was some behind the scenes work going on between Jackson, OBJ, and the Ravens and Jackson will sign and play this year under the franchise tag.

This is great for Baltimore because 1) it's an olive branch to Jackson as it's his friend and who he wants, 2) A legitimate (albeit past his prime, but still in LJ and OBJ's minds) top tier WR, and 3) will definitively answer the question if LJ can be a proto-typical 'throw first' QB.
    Pair these with the new OC who OBJ knows well and his new offense that features LJs arm more than his legs, and Baltimore will know FOR SURE if LJ is their long term guy going into next offseason.

• Like Like x 1